Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Explorer

Hello, my name is Chocopyro. And this is perhaps my first ever art request I've made since I joined Gaia in 05. Anyways, would like to commission character sprites for various characters which could show up in a non-commercial rpg I am working on. I wouldn't worry about the full animations in combat, as I will likely come up with those once I have a solid template to base the work on. So if you fancy yourself a spriter, and you are interested in earning a bit of gold, I would very much appreciate the help. Anyways, onto the request.

Style:
                  Before we get to the real request, I would like to explain the style of artwork I am looking for in my game battlers. If you click here, you will see many sprites from the game La Pucelle Tactics. I would at the very least like my characters to be represented in a very similarly inspired style as the characters in that game. Following similar patterns of height and proportions to the humanoid characters. They should also be faced left in a diagonal direction, like so: User Image

Price:
                  I'm very much at your mercy here as far as pricing goes. Not sure what I should properly offer for this sort of request, but know that I will pay individually for each sprite once its finished. I may request to view a sprite and ask that it be tweaked in order to fit the sort of look I want, but I will always try to invest for hard work done. My current budget to work with is 300K, so be sure to make your requests reasonable in that scope. Obviously any contribution will earn be credited in game.

The actual request:
                  I've discussed the artistic style I felt that I wanted, so lets move. I am requesting about six character sprites. One for each of the characters below. There are six in total, though the last one is both a very low priority one, as well as one with no existing concepts to help you with, as she won't be a character who appears until much further in the game. All I feel I can do is lay down the resources I have thus far so that you may have something to base off of.

1: Shiro Takeda
                  Face:
                  User Image
                  Out of combat sprite:
                  User Image
                  Inspired by:
                  This picture
                  Special notes: Much like his out of combat sprite suggests, Shiro adventures in his school uniform with a katana hanging casually on his back. Like most of the characters, he is a normal high school student who got thrown into another world.

2: Kai Tatsuya
                  Face:
                  User Image
                  Out of Combat Sprite: (This is makeshift, though it does capture his outfit)
                  User Image
                  Special Notes: Kai is a bit of a mean spirited and aloof delinquent. Eyes are almost permanently in a frown. Typically does most of his fighting with his fists. He doesn't bother to wear his uniform, and thus can be seen in a red jacket over a black shirt in a pair of dark baggy jeans. No full body reference pic could be supplied at this time.

3: Kana Shinohara
                  Face:
                  User Image
                  Out of Combat Sprite:
                  Due to the character being early in her conceptual stage, No permanent sprite exists at this time. It will likely be based off of whatever is done here.
                  Special Notes: A fiery and stubborn redhead with her hair in a pony tail. Thanks to a background in martial arts, Kana is well fit and tough. Her favored weapon is a staff, though this transitions to being a spear once she crosses over into another world. Its likely that she is still wearing her karate gi at the start of the adventure, which is likely to be based off of this design.

4: Sayuki Takeda
                  Face:
                  User Image
                  Out of combat sprite:
                  User Image
                  Inspired by:
                  This character:
                  Special Notes: Sayu is Shiro's younger half sister. Comparatively more fragile and smaller, due to being the sibling who got doted on more. She is a reluctant member of the archery club, though soon became glad she learned how to shoot a bow after she found herself thrown into another world for the first time with no one to stick up for her but herself. Sayuki desires to prove herself, but she is unfortunately still can't shake the her clumsy habits which prevent others from taking her seriously as a combatant.

5: Tobias Wrynn
                  Face:
                  User Image
                  Sprite:
                  User Image
                  Special Notes: Tobias is a huntsman who unlike the characters above, hails from a traditional fantasy setting. A well trained axeman, who although is young, remains mysterious and calm like a hardened veteran of war. Although he has never fought on such a battle field, he has stared into the eyes of many dangerous and magical creatures, from trolls, to redcaps, to even wyverns. This young trail guide knows how to survive. And his haunting teal eyes reflect the years of experience under his belt.

6: Tori Douglas
                  Special Notes: As of now, the character only exists in a vague pattern of thought in my head, knowing that some day the protagonists will find themselves in a futuristic setting as opposed to the modern and fantasy worlds they will be exploring. All I know of Tori Douglas is that she is a futuristic gunslinger type who will have blonde hair and be the host of the Esmari spirit of Shadow. (More about the esmari spirits later.) A bit of a scoundrel and very moraly ambiguous are the only defining personality traits I have pinned down on her at the moment. As I know little of my own character at this stage, I don't necessarily care if your own interpretation is created. Just make her cool.

Enduring Explorer

Going further:
    Please note, this isn't part of the request, and I can't exactly offer money for any of this should you choose to take it upon yourself to fulfill my longterm goal. But if you are for some reason interested in the game to the point where you are willing to ignore any gold made and consider your name in the credits to be as good of a reward as any, then... Well, I really thank you for believing my project. If you have read this far, then I might as well tell you my goal for the sprites above.

I am working to make an animated sprite sheet for each of my characters for the current battle system script that I am using. Each row consists of a single action that is four frames long. The actions are as followed:
Quote:
1. Idle - Waiting.
2. Defend - Guarding.
3. Woozy - Under status effect. (Also low hp value)
4. Struck - Being hit. (Taking damage)
5. Attack - Striking the target.
6. Item - Using an item.
7. Skill - Using a technique.
8. Magic - Casting a spell.
9. Advance - Moving forward.
10. Retreat - Moving away. (From target or fleeing from battle)
11. Victory - Battle end.
12. Enter - Battle start.
13. Dead - KOed, out cold, unconscious, near death. Yeah...
14. Credits - Information about the graphic. (Not shown in game)

Please see me if you want more specifics concerning how the characters move about their stances in battle. Its pretty basic stuff, and open to your interpretation. Also, I will accept a donated monster sprite following the template above. Enemies could be either modern thugs or fantasy creatures. Once again, I acknowledge that it is perhaps asking too much, which is why I am not necessarily asking.
Choco... I miss you. D:
*bumps request thread*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas