Total Votes:[ 14 ]
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 >

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

ahaha , hi ~
                              winter break is the best time to start trolling for arts , no ? anyway , here's my obligatory opening/introduction post about me and what i'm looking for . ahem , season's greetings ! i'm Geotis and , as the thread title states , i'm looking for creative minds and artistic talents to help me revive and revamp an old OC i had lying around . and when i say " old , " i mean i came up with her character concept around. . .2008 i believe , and recently ( read: last week ) took her down from my OC shelf and realized she was unfinished . so ! here i am with this recently finished character -- along with two others to boot ( they popped up during my musings ) . more details about them will be in the following posts .

but first , let's hash out preferences . as per usual ( if you've seen my other request threads ) , show me your samples and let's try to work something out ~ in general , though , i'm a sucker for colored pieces , but i do like my sketches every now and then . i also have a major weakness for things i consider " cute " and they tend to override every thing i had in mind . so , in short , i'm being serious when i say show me your samples . anime , realism , semi-realism , cartoon-ish -- everything is fair game . though , i tend to like full body pieces more than i like chibis -- but again , if they're freaking , hitting-my-face-with-sparkles-or-even-glitter cute , that's up for consideration .

in terms of payment , i have 11 mil pure . am i looking to spend it all on this character ? no . i just see how most people list their funds and figured i should do the same as a courtesy . i hate low-balling and offending people , so please be open to negotiations or at least have some prices in mind instead of telling me to pick a price for you . i want to maximize the amount of art i can get with these funds , okay ? additionally , RL Commissions are a no-go . i just blew the last of my funds on Christmas presents [ /sobbu sobbu ] . unless you're cheap . like , single-digits cheap . then i might consider . but really , who does that these days ? [ /shot ]

some final notes :
                              it might do you some good to read through all three characters before making your selection . i kinda separated their collective story out between the three of them , so you could find something useful in each of their posts . that's all ~

▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

[ ρєαcє ] [ ℓσvє ] [ נσч ]

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

KAZUMEI

Hair Color: Black
                              Eye Color: Violet
                              Build: Lean and Slim. Highly athletic, and high stamina.
                              Significant Notes: She has several tattoos on her body. They are located on: both her cheeks, below her neck directly on her clavicle, her abdomen, the outer portion of both thighs, around her left tricep. All are the same color (dark violet-violet) and seem to bear tribal significance. Feel free to use the purple markings on Kazumei's clothes in her old references as inspiration. Her tattoos look rather elegant and flowing, with none-too-sharp angles.

Clothing: This is where it gets a little tricky. I don't have a set outfit; I'm looking for someone to help me come up with one. I mean, Kazumei's old designs have set outfits -- yes -- but I find them. . .out of date. So, allow me to break down what I'm looking for:

I'm looking for an outfit that's inspired by the "wuxia" genre. I was also inspired by the designs I saw from the game, Age of Wulin (or Wushu, if you rather).

In addition to her outfit, I'd like to add that one key detail I wish to see is a silver armband with a small, silver bell dangling off of it on her right tricep. Something like this, maybe. I kinda came up with it during the revamping process. . . This piece of jewelry is worn directly on her arm, and any long sleeves should cover it. Though, for the purpose of obtaining references for her, I would like it to be visible.

Additionally, she wears a silver collar-like neck piece. That will be shown in the old samples. Etchings are optional. Also, her color palette in terms of her clothing should have some earthy tones to it. Cool colors like blue are fine, as well.

Biographical Notes: I designed Kazumei with the idea of a "mountain tribe" in mind. Think of the Sherpa in the Himalayas or other mountain-dwelling peoples in that part of the world -- though in a more decidedly fantasy-like setting. I see Kazumei and her tribe being a people who have a higher stamina capacity than most people, due to living at high altitudes with thinner air. Their's is a hunter-farmer society, with the hunters doubling as warriors when needed. Kazumei is among those hunter-warriors, as is per tradition of the ruling family; the first-born is the next head of the tribe, while the second-born takes command of the hunter-warriors. Thus, Kazumei is the younger of two siblings (she has an older brother. He appears in the next post. Shush). Her main weapons are her twin hooks, but her favorite weapons are her emei piercers.

Personality: Kazumei is a reserved young woman. She doesn't open up easily to others, coming off as polite and distant upon her first meeting with anyone. Once she does open up, however, she will show a side of her that's more caring and understanding. Her politeness is by no means a ruse; she is very polite in person and chooses to refer to people in a formal way -- unless told otherwise. Her calm demeanor belies her fiery loyalty; should anyone cross her or those she deems precious she will not hesitate to attack with everything she has. She's very passionate about her beliefs, and allows no one to trample them. Similarly, she has a high respect for the beliefs of others, and will fight to protect them even if they contradict her own. In that sense, she has a very strict sense of personal honor.

She also has a fondness for music and singing, as it's customary in her tribe to share stories through song and music. Similarly, her sense of honor and protecting those who are precious to her stems from the beliefs of her tribe; that one should always protect their honor and uphold it, thus giving them the confidence to look to the future. She believes that the hardships one faces is what helps shape them, and looks to new experiences as ways to grow and cultivate oneself into the person they would ultimately become in the future. However, she also believes that one's future is not set in stone; you must work for it and the choices you make now will affect you down the road.

Have a few old samples:
                              User ImageUser Image

NEW!
                              User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
                              User Image

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

KOZURO

[ WARNING: This character is completely text-based. Does that bother you? Then don't consider him. Thanks. ] New reference added ~

Hair Color: Black. Shaved most of the time.
                              Eye Color: Violet

Build: Muscular (don't think DBZ status, please. Just normal-muscular.) Highly athletic, and high stamina.
                              Significant Notes: Like Kazumei, Kozuro has several tattos on his body. They are located: underneath both eyes that extend down to his chin (they look like lightning bolts in that they seem to go down, point back up, and then continue down to his chin), around his neck (looking like a tattooed collar), around his wrists (looking like tattooed wrist bands), and on his left shoulder blade. All of them are the same color (dark violet-violet) and all are jagged in appearance.

Clothing: Not gonna lie; I'm really digging the Shaolin School from Age of Wulin in terms of clothing. I wanted Kozuro's left side exposed (in the sense that there's not much covering it) so as to show off the tribal tattoo on his left shoulder blade. Like Kazumei, he wears a silver armband with a bell dangling off of it, but on his left tricep. This piece of jewelry is worn directly on his arm, and any long sleeves should cover it. Though, for the purpose of obtaining references for him, I would like it to be visible. Also, like Kazumei, Kozuro's clothing color palette should have earthy colors incorporated in them -- with hints of warm colors.

Biographical Notes: Kozuro is the heir-apparent; he's Kazumei's older brother and the next in line to be the head of the tribe. As such, he spends a lot of time acting as the right hand to the current head of the tribe -- his grandfather, Kyzati. While Kazumei is out hunting with the rest of the warrior-hunters, Kozuro oversees the day-to-day activities of the tribe in their village. Additionally, Kozuro is constantly learning more and more about the outsiders who travel through the mountains they call home; traders and merchants who pass through. Kyzati says that traders have often come through the mountain rage, and their tribe sometimes acts as guides for compensation, but lately there have been more and more of them. Kozuro's main concern is protecting his tribe and their way of life, while coping with the changes taking place in the world around them.

Because the tribe has a knack for music and all things musical, Kozuro has picked up the ability to play instruments: usually drum-like instruments or wind instruments (something flute-esque and things like that). He does participate in some tribal dances, but usually leaves that to Kazumei. He doesn't particularly like to sing either.

His main weapon is a single-head meteor hammer, on a chain. When he's not carrying that around, he has a simple bamboo staff.

Personality: Kozuro is a very formal and calculating individual, always analyzing the situation and attempting to foresee any adverse affects of the actions he takes on his tribe. As the heir-apparent, he feels that it's his job to make sure that he knows exactly where his tribe falls in the changing world. Aside from that, Kozuro has a very scholar-like mindset and wishes to learn as much as he can about anything and everything from where the merchants are coming from, the goods they sell, and where they're going.

He's very family oriented, and treasures both Kazumei and Kyzati very much -- Kazumei, especially, since they lost their parents when they were younger. He wants to build their tribe up into a strong people that can withstand the test of time for the sake of his sister who has the duty of fighting and hunting on its behalf. He sometimes wishes that the roles could be reversed, that he was the one going out and hunting while she remained safe at home, but he has to remind himself that that's not how this works. And that he should make the most of his position for her sake.

Kozuro is open-minded, wanting to hear everything that needs to be said before he can form his own opinion or take action. He's very patient and understanding, giving everything he does 100 and 10 percent. He's also fiercely loyal to his tribe, and vehemently opposes anything that would bring harm to any of them. He does have a fiery temper that needs to be kept in check, and he usually does a good job, but sometimes he can't help but slip up.

Have this awesome reference:
                              User Image
                              User Image

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

KYZATI

Age: Looks to be in his mid to late 70's -- claims to be over 230 years old

Hair Color: White/Silver. Pushed back, with a small pony-tail at the back.
                              Eye Color: Violet. His eyes always look like they're closed, though. He is in possession of circular spectacles, but wears them occasionally -- completely optional.

Build: While he appears to be frail and small, he is the complete opposite. He is as strong and as spry as, say, Kazumei and leads a very active lifestyle.
                              Significant Notes: Like his grandchildren, Kyzati has several tattoos -- though most of them are covered up by his attire. The only visible tattoo he has is on his forehead: three diamonds side-by-side, with the middle diamond being the largest and the other two at a sort of slant. All of them are the same color (dark violet-violet).

Clothing: Among the three characters I have, Kyzati is the only one with a set outfit. He's based, largely, off a Pokemon OC (SHUSH BE QUIET) I created but shelved a while ago. Those samples will be listed at the bottom. PAY NO MIND TO THE BLATANT POKEMON REFERENCES IN THOSE SAMPLES.

Biographical Notes: Kyzati is the current head of the Kyraghaz tribe, and has been for the past. . .many, many years. The tribe, itself, is known for its ridiculously long life-span with Kyzati claiming to be exactly 238 years old. The other elders of the tribe claim to be of similar ages (with the youngest of the elders being in her 150's). Another side quirk of the tribe is that all of its members have names beginning with the letter K, with the third letter being Z. He has seen many events in his lifetime, and enjoys sitting down with the children of the tribe and telling them stories of the old days. Once upon a time, there were many mountain tribes making their home in the mountains with the Kyraghaz but they have since been wiped out -- resulting in Kyzati moving the tribe deep into the mountains where they still reside today. He once had a daughter, but she and her husband perished years ago when outsiders attempted to gain control of the treacherous mountain passes used by traders for some power bid. His daughter, by the way, was Kozuro and Kazumei's mother and the previous heir-apparent. That title now belongs to his grandson, Kozuro. With things changing the way they are, all Kyzati wishes for is peace -- he's tired of seeing their neighbors outside the mountain ranges quarreling amongst themselves and starting wars that spread into the mountains and affecting the people there.

The tribe, itself, is musically inclined. All members seem to have a singing voice, or talent to play some sort of instrument. A lot of foreign instruments that they have, they obtain from traders passing by. And a lot of their festivals and feasts and celebrations showcase their musical talents -- which Kyzati is very proud of, especially if they decide to have some traders over as guests of honor. Kyztai no longer participates in terms of singing or playing instruments, but presides over it as the master-of-ceremonies.

Another side fact of the tribe pertains to the ruling family -- of which Kyzati and his grandchildren are members of. All members of the ruling family are "branded" with a silver armband with a bell dangling from it to symbolize their status. It is said that only truly worthy rulers of the tribe are able to move, freely, without causing the bell to jingle. This is especially true of Kozuro and Kazumei -- both of which have been branded with the armband. However, though Kyzati's is rarely in view due to his clothes, he has been known to allow his own bell to chime from time to time -- not because his abilities and status as the "strong and capable" leader of the tribe is deteriorating, but because he "likes the sound of such a delicate chime."

Kyzati carries no weapons, instead opting for a hand-to-hand form of combat when push comes to shove.

Personality: Kyzati always seems to be in a good mood, laughing and carrying on with the gentlest of smiles. He's a bit of a joker, and loves to see the members of his tribe laughing and smiling along with him. His tribe, and his family, are the most precious things to him -- especially since he lost both his daughter and son-in-law years ago. He was left to raise his grandchildren by himself (since his wife had since passed on), but he did so with much gusto and with the tenderest of love. He was also the one who began to train Kozuro to become the next head of the tribe, and oversaw Kazumei's training as the Head Warrior-Hunter under the previous Head.

Kyzati knows that the world beyond their mountains is changing, and welcomes it because he believes that the tribe will continue to flourish under the grandchildren he loves so dearly. But, until the day he stops breathing, he will continue to watch over the members of the tribe and work with them -- tending to their, albeit small, farmlands and celebrating alongside them. He's the listening ear anyone in the tribe can go to and talk with, and he's always on hand if any advise is needed.

In terms of his position as the tribal leader in the face of foreigners, he's cunning and quite witty. He uses the perception of him being an old frail man to his advantage, getting outsiders to drop their guard so he can get a better feel of them and if they're a threat to his tribe. He takes no prisoners when it comes to threats, opting to eliminate them completely. He has seen a lot of conflict and strife in his lifetime; one can say he's rather desensitized by it.

Have some references:
                              User ImageUser Image

NEW
                              User ImageUser Image

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

NOTES TO SELF:

>> negotiations with:
                              - Teenage Bear Princess

>> done !
                              - sivou -- all three
                              - ll KaWaii ChiBi PaNda ll -- Kazumei
                              - ToastedBrownies -- Kozuro + Kazumei // Kazumei, single
                              - KitvinX -- all three
                              - VTScarlett -- Kazumei

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

[ reserved ]

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

[ reserved ]

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

aaaand done ~
                              : D
                              let's do this ~

Omnipresent Fatcat

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

and i should probably be getting to sleep soon .
                              l 3

Gracious Hunter

Geotis

Are you paying?

Omnipresent Fatcat

sivou

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

. . .erm , if you mean am i going to commission artists for Gaia gold if they so choose to -- then yes .
                              if you mean real life monies , i'm a little hesitant to give an answer unless i see prices .

Gracious Hunter

Geotis

http://thesoundofdyingkittens.tumblr.com
http://toxicproxy.deviantart.com

Name a reasonable starting price and we can negotiate from there.

Omnipresent Fatcat

sivou

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

ah , well i'm quite comfortable with the price you have listed for a sketch .
                              that is quite doable for me .
                              i'm not looking for too much -- just some updated references of a few characters .
                              incidentally , i almost forgot to ask if any of the three listed caught your attention .

Gracious Hunter

Geotis

Kyzati, definitely.

Omnipresent Fatcat

sivou

[ тιs тнє sєαsσи ]

User Image
                      [ ɢєσтιs' ɢяєєтιиɢ ]

: D
                              oh yeah ?
                              ahaha , that's exciting ~
                              well , in terms of Kyzati , everything i really had in mind is listed above .
                              in terms of art , to put it simply i'm looking for just updated references .
                              i welcome any and all creativity artists bring to the table so feel free to do with him as you please .
                              though , now i must ask , how much would a spot of color add to a sketch ?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas