Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Exhibitionist

19,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
So I have this big scar on my arm and I've always wanted a Doctor Who sleeve, tattoo with like the tardis, some of the companions/regens of the doctor, cyber men, daleks, etc to cover it up.

I have some art for the tardis that I really like and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out. I can pay with gaian currency and I can buy currency for donation items or whatever.

Contact me if you are interested!

* I don't have very much on gaia because of not being as active on here in a while but I will definitely bulk up and gain more currency or anything to sweeten the deal if having your artwork on my body and what I have on hand isn't enough!

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Unfortunately, people who are going to draw something you won't regret later are only going to take real-world currency.

It's also kind of insulting that you'll pay the artist who designed the tattoo in essentially monopoly money, but you'll pay the person who's simply making the translation from pixels to pores in cold, hard, feed-your-kids cash.

Hilarious Exhibitionist

19,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Haha, Now I remember why I don't like Gaia and I usually stay away but I figured I would post today.

Thanks for your input! Have a nice day now.
Orgasmatronical
Haha, Now I remember why I don't like Gaia and I usually stay away but I figured I would post today.

Thanks for your input! Have a nice day now.

Most artist communities will tell you the exact same thing. You wouldn't ask a mechanic to fix your car for free; a lawer to take a case for free; or a doctor to look at an injury for free on the basis of them simply doing a complete stranger a favor. (save for the ones who do pro-bono charity work, and even then, it's case by case, and there's some catch)

We put our time, effort, and own materials into a project for someone else, and we expect at least a little compensation for it. Tatoo desin is actually pretty difficult, and it takes a lot of schooling and trainjng to be good at it. Both of which require money. Which honestly, we don't have a lot of to begin with, because society as a whole undervalued us and expects us to work for free, under minimum wage, or in your case, fake money, which is pretty much a combination of the above.

Also, go to the art request forum, you might find someone who'll help, buy I doubt it'll be free /and/ good.
I've seen people get tattoo art around here for gold. Try the art request forum. Ask for line art because the tattoo artist will likely slightly change the colors anyway to tailor to your skin/what actually works. But bring references for the colors.
Or go to your tattoo artist, a good one should be able to draw up what you want.

Hilarious Exhibitionist

19,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Thank you indirect! I haven't been on the forums in a while so I didn't realize there was an art request forum.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff