Welcome to Gaia! ::

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= •Not So "Original Character" Art Request• =//=

Looking for: Interesting art - and good prices. No Bribes. No Auctions. No RL Commissions

Current funds:
100 Billion plus

=//= • =//=

-Formatting stolen from Sins of an Angel (with permission)-

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • Read or Don't Bother • =//=

No Bribes. Sorry I don't have the time/patience to figure out what makes a good bribe. Defined prices please. Bribes just seem unfair to me as most artists will look at the monetary amount rather than the subject matter. If I really like your art, I often splurge/tip/and become a recurring customer. Just a hint.

No Auctions. I've never participated in one and I don't plan on starting.

No RL Commissions. I usually prefer these to be quite honest. I love supporting artists, through DA or otherwise, but my finances are not permitting right now. However - I would love to follow/watch you on DA, Tumblr etc. for future commission reasons or just to share!

Relevant/Recent samples only. Show me a DevArt, or a gallery or something that is somewhat recent. I don't want to see art you did two years ago for something. I mean like, in the past month or few weeks, etc.

• No form. Just quote me yeah? Throw your art samples and stuff at me with a price range and character preferences!

• Not an artist? No biggie! I like to chat and activity helps bump the thread. I got loads of things to chat about too so stick around. I could always use the company!

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • What I'm talking about • =//=

SO I want art of my OCs. Just random drawings, pictures, chibis, whatev. Just draw for me yeah?

Honestly, I get so bored with perusing art shops in the forums because I have a very short attention span and just don't have the patience for it.

I'm picky. Lemme just put that out there right now. I'm kinda picky about style, anatomy, accuracy of characters, and of course the price vs quality. Don't be offended if I should turn you away. It does not mean you aren't a good artist, just not what I want. So enough rambling. See the posts below for all of my characters:

-Really scary how similar Sins of an Angel and I are in our preferences for art, ne?

Currently Commissioning

SoraIceFreeze
II Sadako II & Arxhielho

Seriously Considering

The Flame Beckons - A Collab Shop

Finished Commissions

Hana0-0Usagi
User Image

Stark Reactor
User Image

Whimzy
User Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • Random • =//=

So I figured this is a good a place as any to post random stuff not relevant to the art/thread and maybe stuff for us to chat about while waiting or whatever. Feel free to discuss anything you see here!

• I have a DeviantArt but I tend to forget to actually scan stuff in unless it's a commission.

• I have a recipe blog since I'm technically a trained pastry chef, but I do gluten free recipe development but feel free to peruse.

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • Trouble • =//=

Couple Pics with Celeste and Rayner Welcome!
Name:Celeste Browning Veli
Height:5'6''
Build:Petite but curvy
Skin:Pale
Hair: Strawberry Blond, with natural curl
Eyes:Bright green, but naturally so.
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Distinguishing Traits:Pretty without being exceptionally so. Freckles. A tribal style butterfly tattoo tramp stamp in purple, black and teal.
Personality: Celeste is a bit bipolar for lack of a better word. She was raised to be prim, proper, educated and successful (And yes, in her family that is a skill). However, she is also an extreme humanitarian who will 'adopt' anyone who seems to need help whether it's a puppy, a displaced shapshifter, a unmarried sorceress with a child by a warp sorcerer, a dragon, or just anyone she gets a chance to know. She lives however, for the thrill. To break away and do the forbidden, whether it's moonlighting as a lounge singer or breaking up a white slavery ring. (Yes, all of these have happened in the RP). She loves her husband and children, but she does like to have a good time when she can. She is usually the reason why the Veli household's idea of a vacation is to go 'adventuring'. When meeting new people, she can be very shy unless she knows what is expected of her.
Clothing style: In clothing, Celeste can run the gamut from casual to starlet, but is always rather well put together. She loves things that compliment her coloring but does very well with darker colors as well that show off her soft porcelain skin.
References:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

With Rayner
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Scarred One • =//=

Couple Pics with Celeste and Rayner Welcome!
Name:Rayner Veli (Kael)
Height:5’11”
Build: Generally middling, but his shoulders are broader, with a slightly slim waist and hips. Muscular, but his limbs are thick with muscle, not bulging- closer to an athlete than a body builder.
Skin:Naturally fair, lightly tanned
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes:Deep red
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Distinguishing Traits: Kael is a young man growing into his prime, hardy, healthy, energetic if often laid back in attitude, and athletic. He has facial features more on the strong side than soft- one who liked his looks could call him handsome, maybe cute, but by no stretch a pretty boy or bishie. He has very expressive red eyes. On his left cheek, starting just to the side of the corner of his eye he has two ragged scars from claws ripped down all the way to his jawline. There is a small dot scar on his right cheek where it was pierced, and a small straight line scar runs horizontally under his right eye. He has four claw scars ripped jaggedly down from the top of his left shoulder, down and across part of the pec. On the left shoulder blade there is a patch of ragged scarring where a knife ripped apart all the skin covering it. There is a patch of a scar on his stomach where a chunk was bitten out his side by a "raptor". He has a puncture scar from a pick in the back of his left thigh, puncture from shrapnel side of his right, and slash like scars overlapping cover the front of his left thigh nearly to the knee.

Besides his facial scars the one that's truly important to remember is his hands, the skin of which is an ugly mass of something between burn scarring and calluses, miscolored and rough, ugly to look at. He often covers them with gloves, but when not it encompasses the whole of his hands from fingertips to wrists. His nails are none too pretty either.
Personality: Rayner is a kid who had to grow up too fast in a world that treated him as disposable. Until a bunch of Player Characters blew up his home town, he was just a nameless Non Player Character in an overpowered world. He's bit bigoted against metahumans but on a personal level is very friendly with several of them. He has a temper and it gets him into trouble, but his heart is usually in the right place. He is a fighter and a scrapper. He works hard and plays harder.

Rayner's emotions almost exclusively come in passionate extremes. He's an extremely loving (and sometimes juvenile playful) father, passionate husband, stubborn to a fault, and furious in a fight. He laughs at everything, be it play with the kids, a dirty joke, or at pain or frustration to stave off hesitation. Though he's quite clever and not the least intelligent, he tends to play dumb and try to force himself to relax. Between passion and paranoia, it's half act and half forcing himself not to burn out. The definition of hands on, he casually physical about his affections, prone to trying to do everything he knows how to (and some things he doesn't) himself, and likes to spend his spare time in auto repairs or restoration. Born lower class, once homeless and broke, and with a vast collection of scars, he tends to be the sarcastic voice of caution or simple reason in the family.
Until, of course, he's knees deep in s**t. That's the time to implement "aggressive problem solving."
Clothing Style: Rayner tends to dress down, practical and simple. Usually one to favor starting with T-shirt, jeans, and boots and adding whatever is needed. Most of his clothing is fairly modern, usually in earthy colors, especially greens and browns. That said, he knows how to dress for effect when he needs to make an impression, and has gone for powerful black and reds to emphasis his unusual eye color at times. He wears armor or gear somewhat naturally, but despite frequent business meetings since marrying, has yet to master the suit- in them, he can usually be seen fiddling with is collar, undoing the top button even on tuxes, or somehow rumpling fresh clothes.
In combat situations his garb can be a bit more archaic- when his life started to fall to pieces he didn't have money or connections for much, so he's grown used to operating with bladed weapons and leather or plate mixed with tough articles of clothing to protect himself. If one pleased, a picture of him in armor or modernized-fantasy-garb would be just as appropriate.
References:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

With Celeste
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Queen • =//=

Couple Pics with Ourania and Ettore Welcome!
Name:Oracle Queen Ourania of Kapila
Height:5'1'' with some growing yet to do
Build:Petite but curvy
Skin:Pale, but with small freckles
Hair: Strawberry blond, either very absurdly long or very short with lots of curls.
Eyes:Green
Ethnicity:Greek and Irish
Personality:Ourania is very restrained unless around people she is comfortable with. Sheltered as an Oracle, when her father died, the only way to keep peace within the city state was to crown the king's daughter who had been taken to become an Oracle. As such, she is often flustered in political situations but has a naturally manipulative streak that once she has found a strong partner who will encourage her and people behind her she trusts, she will become a strong and beloved leader. She is fond of discovering things with an insatiable curiosity. Lots of attitude with those she knows but very understanding of when things are appropriate or not, relative to her time.
Distinguishing Traits:Despite being half Greek, Ourania took mostly after her Irish mother in stature, coloring and disposition. Her hair when she is younger was absurdly long and when she was older, it was cut drastically short. No matter what length, it is very curly. She has generous curves.
Clothing style: Greek or Roman togas with some medieval fashion mixed in. No under forms such as petticoats or hopalong styles though. Early Medieval or Renaissance.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Mercenary • =//=

Couple Pics with Ettore and Ourania Welcome!
Name:Ettore de Raul
Height:5’11”
Build: Generally middling, but his shoulders are broader, with a slightly slim waist and hips. Muscular, but his limbs are thick with muscle, not bulging- closer to an athlete than a body builder.
Skin:Naturally tan
Hair: Dark brown with lots of man curls
Eyes:Deep Brown
Ethnicity:Italian
Personality:Ettore may be an alternative universe historical version of Rayner but his life was quite different.Ettore is a condottiero by trade, inherited from his father but as not the favored son and often feels the need to prove himself but more by making a bigger mark than his father, a very famous condottiero under whose banner Ettore got his start. He laughs hard and often and takes nothing serious except for his own gain, but respects those who do the same. He is fond of the Ourania who is barely a woman and will be quite shocked when he comes back for their true marriage to see how much she has grown in 6 months.
Distinguishing Traits: Ettore is an alternative universe historical version of Rayner. He is a man growing into his prime. He has facial features a bit more on the strong side than soft. He has very expressive brown eyes. A thick blade-scar runs up from his left jawline to just below his eye. He has several puckered arrow scars and lesser blade scars on his torso, and his back is a mass of scar tissue from brutal disciplinary whippings or beatings. His hands are rough, skin slightly discolored by burn scars and callouses mixing into hardened flesh. The palms are worse (more like Rayner's hands) due to repeated burns.
Clothing Style: Fitting to his period and location, the condottiero dresses mostly in Italian renaissance clothing, occasionally more in Kapila's Greek fashion, or some combination of the two. As a mercenary he knows the value of making a strong impression, and his clothing is usually meant to be bold, flashy, or both. Ettore's standard is an emerald flame on a field of black, and he usually implements these colors into his clothing in some fashion.
Relationships: Ourania is his wife, and the Queen of Kapila- though Ettore is technically royal consort, he tends to act like King and their relationship is characterized by aggressive butting of heads and impassioned romance. It is not unusual for Ettore to act patronizingly toward her- it is partly his manner and the gender-relations of the setting, but she was a lost girl just coming of age when he first met her and the impression stuck. Though perhaps a little overprotective of her, Ettore is one to flaunt and this includes bragging about or showing off his wife- not that this stops him from flirting with other women.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Versions of Rayner that also work for Ettore (with historical style clothing)

User ImageUser Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Doll • =//=

Couple pics of Sullis and Andell Pendragon are Welcome!

Name:Sullis
Height:4'10''
Build:Petite but muscular
Skin:Tan
Hair: Platinum
Eyes:Shimmery Purple
Ethnicity:Caucasian with hints of oriental (mostly around eyes)
Distinguishing Traits:Tribal markings running along her back (Undetermined description but relating to a dragon if you decide to draw) similar to the marques upon the flesh of Naamah's prostitutes in Kushiel's Legacy.
Personality:Sullis is rather reserved and can be considered quite a b*tch. She is not cocky but extremely almost perfectly secure in her confidence of who she is and what her place is. This can rub people the wrong way if they are on the wrong side of what she thinks their place is. This attitude stems partially from her training under Andell Pendragon and also partially from the fact she is part Kitsuna (aka a fox) and sees most people as prey if they show any signs of weakness. It is not malicious. Just the way of her world.

Relationship: "Submissive to Andell" doesn't quite do it justice. She reveres him, almost like a god; and being the favorite pet/toy/servant of one so esteemed brings that subjective humility hand-in-hand with a fair bit of ego in regards to where one stands compared to everyone else.

References:
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

Clothing Style:

As a future consort to Prince Andell Pendragon, Sullis' choice in clothing tends to the classic or the classically Archaic. She does like modern designs but most are borderline high fashion. Examples of this would be Renaissance clothing, Medieval clothing, Victorian or even Greek Classic styles. Such as

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Prince • =//=

Couple pics of Sullis and Andell Pendragon are Welcome!
Name: Prince Andell Pendragon
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean athleticism, tapering into wider shoulders.
Skin: Fair
Hair: Blonde or dirty blonde.
Eyes: Deep blue or bloody red.
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Distinguishing Traits: When tapping into the magic in his blood, Andell's eyes faintly glow blood-red, and his veins and tattoos become more pronounced. Black tattoos swirl around his body, usually all but hidden when fully dressed and not working magic. The tattoos designs are changing, as if alive, the tattoo lines composed of tiny runes packed so tightly together they usually appear one solid mass. His expressions are almost always tempered and relaxed.
Personality: Andell has lived a dozen lives since the curse on his bloodline, and it has made him patient, persistent, and more of a sociopath. He makes a point to enjoy the finer things in life and practice to maintain his knowledge and skills. He values personal betterment, knowledge, power, and most of all a sense of elegance in all things. Artistry can be found on the canvas, the battlefield, or even in a particularly artfully performed murder or dissection. Though extremely driven ultimately, his long life makes him usually more relaxed than urgent, confident and curious- to the point of craving the unusual or noteworthy at times.
Clothing Style: Andell dresses in nothing but the best. He heavily favors archaic styles of clothing, and even in more modern settings tends to find clothes which mix old and new fashions. It's not uncommon for him to wear high necks, white gloves, or even carry a cane. He often wears blues, whites, dark grays, and purple-blues.
Relationships: Sullis is Andell's most dedicated servant, and at points in the timeline the queen on his arm. In some respects he treats her as a child, or favorite pet, frequently doting on, challenging, and occasionally punishing her in turn. By training her and exposing her to controlled adversity he shapes her not just as an excellent tool to his ends, but also prizes her as a practice in pursuing perfection. Her connection to the core elemental forces of Gaia also makes her blood more potent than relatively any but his own for his art. He owns her unquestionably and is not afraid to show it in any respect, but respects her intelligence and best traits as any king should appreciate his subjects. In private it shouldn't be surprising that a pair of nigh-immortal sadomasochists treat sexual sensuality and bloody torture somewhat interchangeably, and business indistinguishable from pleasure however (we are not looking for explicit images of either sort, however).
User Image

User Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Twins • =//=

Kaylee and Kaleb couple pics welcome!

Name:Kaylee Browning
Height:5'7''
Build:Slender, but with a curvy to her hip. Breasts are B cup.
Skin:Fair with freckles
Hair: Light blond naturally, dyed dark brown or some variation in between
Eyes:Light Blue
Distinguishing Traits:Other than a small smattering of freckles, she has the appearance of the girl next door gone a bit soft glam goth. Eyes are often outlined and makeup is dark but never overwhelming her face.
Personality:A bit impulsive, she is often left in the shadow of her older sister and makes up for this by pushing her brother into one hair brained scheme after another. She is a huge flirt, but her first and to be honest, only love is her brother.
Clothing Style:She admires her honorary 'Aunt' Raien and tends to copy her clothing styles. Lots of bodices, short skirts, etc. 'Aunt Raien' is a character of Sins of an Angel and she's also looking for art so go see that [here] Kaylee tends to like darker colors.
References:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Name:Kaleb Browning
Height:5'10''
Build:Slender and trim.
Skin:Fair with small smattering of freckles
Hair: Light blond, almost platinum
Eyes:Light Blue
Distinguishing Traits:A long well kept ponytail, bound at the base of his neck and a sword he keeps on him at all legally possible times.
Personality:Extremely polite and well mannered, Kaleb rarely has a cross word for anyone and has the patience of a saint when it involves his sisters, especially his twin. Jealously guarded about his relationship with his sister, he is quite the flirt when he is in his comfort zones.
Clothing Style: Kaleb tends to dress with close fitted buttoning shirts and jackets, sometimes with a looser outer layer- or tails when he can get away with them. He often appears respectable if not generally quite formal, and tends to prefer whites and light grays, sometimes darker blues for accentuation. Jewelry, mostly including earrings and necklaces, are just fine on him, so long as they're not the sort mother would kill him for wearing. In a fight, his weapon of choice is a saber, and he'd sooner dress in the fashion of a battle-mage than in armor.
Relationships: Kaleb and his twin sister Kaylee are near inseparable. Of the two, he is the organized and responsible sibling. He has a bad habit of getting mired in routine or smaller responsibilities, practices, classes, etc, and Kaylee helps keep him from falling into a rut and losing passion or drive by keeping him exploring new things.
References:

User ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FAQ: Yes, this is a case of almost incest. They are closer than siblings in a slightly unhealthy way, so romantic pictures are not bad.

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Tomboy • =//=

Serafina and Skylar couple pics welcome!

Name:Serafina
Height:5'9''
Build:Muscular and lean, but slightly heavy on the hips.
Skin:Lightly tanned with smattering of freckles
Hair: Dark auburn super kinky curly short hair with sun streaks
Eyes:blood red when using any ability. Otherwise, green blue with flecks of red.
Distinguishing Traits:Unlike most females, Serafina revels in her scars and will rarely (only when forced by her mother) see a healer to take care of them. As such, she is rather proud of the thin sword scar running from the middle of her left cheek down her shoulder and chest. Her knees if bare are full of scratches and brambles as if she never grew older than five, despite her development. Her hands and arms are also covered in burn marks due to dealing with a growing dragon's penchant for setting things on fire. She has a person sized baby dragon as a near constant companion unless Skylar is near as they seem to take turns making sure Serafina stays out of trouble.
Personality:Brash but intelligent, Serafina is the epitome of chaos and her fighting style and attitude shows it. Rarely soft, Sera, as she is more commonly called by everyone but her mother, is very in your face and full of f*ck off attitude. She likes to play hard, but other than liquor, she does no drugs nor tattoos and has no piercings.
Clothing Style: Eclectic, she does not wear skirts and instead prefers jeans and tanks tops along with her stolen from her father leather jacket or his leather duster. She wears gloves designed for climbing or heavy lifting, with the fingers cut out. She does not have pretty nails. She also loves heavy military style boots.

In the AU, she does wear slightly more feminine garments since it is a historical period but it is still very militant.

References: (They do not have the scar in the references as it is a recent development, but I would like it in any future pics)

User Image User Image User ImageUser Image

Alternate Universe:

User Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

=//= • The Heir • =//=

Serafina and Skylar couple pics welcome!

Name: Skylar Pendragon
Height: 6'0"
Build: Lean, tapering into wider shoulders.
Skin: Faintly tanned. Paler than Serafina though.
Hair: Platinum blonde. or more closely silver
Eyes: Purple, moving from deep indigo at the edges toward red around the pupil.
Ethnicity: Caucasian, mild oriental hints.
Distinguishing Traits: Skylar's skin is free of almost any mark or blemish except natural tanning- despite experimental self-surgeries, he considers his 'art' exploratory medical research. As such, scars and other markings are rarely left more than a week. He is about as pretty as a man can be while still being distinctly male. Though trained for social manipulations and niceties, in a more honest setting smirks, sneers, and glowers come easily.
Personality: Skylar is arrogant, almost extremely so by nature. A sense of altruistic responsibility and hard-learned caution are all that temper his ego. He is good at putting on social masks and offering niceties to keep it from showing, his temper typically his Achilles heel. Extremely driven, curiosity and need to prove himself worthy of his potential inheritance mix; he loses patience easily with foolishness or wasted time, but can sometimes be all too ready to indulge in a puzzle or new curiosity.
Clothing Style: He dresses to impress. Usually his clothing is presentable and suitable for somewhat formal occasions, but even when he dresses down it tends to throw a bone to a choice direction of fashion. Skylar tends to prefer blues, blacks, reds, and golds, but he's spent plenty enough time at universities to work a tweed jacket or labcoat.
Relationships: Serafina and Skylar have a strange sort of relationship going. There is very little in way of romance- the couple act as best friends or companions with benefits if anything, the pair initially met as rivals of a sort. Serafina's boundless energy and curiosity is often responsible for getting him out of his shell, and into trouble, in a way helping deal with obsessive ambition. Though she's wild enough to seem to always be dragging him around, he's generally both the dominant and more sensual of the pair in private- not that he's afraid to put his foot down when she's gone too far.

References: None yet except a Tektek and the description

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Psychofish's Wife

Distinct Genius

And I think that's a rough -done-

May throw up some side characters later here.

Tei Kae's Husband

Dedicated Loiterer

Post claimed for Great OCD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out