Welcome to Gaia! ::

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Hi there! I've been away from gaia for awhile, and predictably, now that I'm on it again more, I'm finding I'm really craving art of some of my OCs (or my avatar...OCs are far more of an interest/preference, though!)

Interested in doing some art? Awesome! If so, please take a look at the next post, where I'll try to include refs (or description, in the case of one of them who I don't have art of, yet), and post up the form below! If I still have the funds, or would like to take you up on your offer, I'll quote you back! (this is in no way my trying to insult anyone's skills, I've just got somewhat particular tastes on some things, plus I'm going to be trying to make my funds stretch as far as I can...lol)

My funds fluctuate, at least with pure, so I'll try to keep that updated, but it's unlikely to be 100% current. I do, however, have a fair number of EIs, etc, so if the art is something I really want, or you're offering multiple pieces of art, I may be willing to offer those, too (current funds will be listed in my third post, along with art I've received)

As an additional (important) note: while I'm certainly willing to look at shops and/or auctions, my preference is that, if you're posting here, it's because you have time/the inclination to do art for me as of right now--for the most part, I lurk about in the art shops subforum on my own, to watch for slot openings from people I'm interested in getting art from--if you're posting here, I'd rather it not be to tell me to go pray I get selected/snag a slot sometime in the next 6 months from your shop razz .

The form (not essential, by any means...but please make sure you quote me, provide samples to some of your art, and let me know your price!):

[quote="Vashtya"][/quote]
[b]Character I'd like to draw:[/b] (Vash, Vyt, Ki, Tang, Aedan, Uluiru)
[b]Style:[/b] (chibi, half body, headshot, etc)
[b]Samples (preferably of the style you're offering to do):[/b]
[b]Price:[/b] (pure, items...name your price--if it's negotiable, let me know that, too!)

If there are any questions, or if you'd like further clarification on anything, either quote me in a post here, or send me a PM~

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Character Information! (I'll be keeping this fairly vague, as I don't believe in throwing out a bunch of overly detailed description--so if you need to know anything NOT listed/described here, let me know, and I'll happily expand on it!)

Vashtya
Personality & short backstory blurb: A half-elf mercenary, she's on the serious side, and only grudgingly forms close attachments--probably predictable, given the uncertain lifestyle. The only steady/ongoing constant in her life, companion-wise, would be Vytali--who often treats her like she's a younger sibling (because he enjoys irritating the heck out of her).

She's not overly unsympathetic, but she's not one to go throwing down her life to save any random person, either--her first reaction in most situations is to watch out for herself (and possibly, on a good day, Vytali).
Refs: Photobucket Gallery (this pic is probably my favorite reference of her...only she doesn't have wings.)

Vytali
Personality & short backstory blurb: Laid back and outgoing, Vytali's quick to flirt with any female that'll have him, being of the mind that life's too short to waste being overly picky. With that said, while he'd never admit it, he's also got a deeply loyal streak, and just enough of a protective instinct to drive Vashtya firmly up a wall.
Refs: Photobucket Gallery

Ki'retha Shai'mar
Personality & short backstory blurb: She looks to be in her mid-twenties, and she's a wood elf, with the accompanying tanned skin and slender build. Outwardly, she's can come across as very lighthearted, always quick to make a joke or retort with a witty riposte. However, she can also be rather foul-mouthed when annoyed or angry. That said, she's got a healthy sense of caution--something that's proved invaluable more than once. Frugal, she prefers to live simply, and horde her share of the crew's take--probably a side effect of too many times where a meal has had to be skipped due to lack of funds.

Handy with any one of the knives she keeps hidden on her person, Ki's not hesitant to use them, if the situation warrants it--however, she views the taking of a life as a serious matter, and so will refrain from doing so unless given no other reasonable option--that said, if pushed to that point, she's not one to beat herself up over having to take a life, either.
Refs: Photobucket Gallery

Tangaroa
Personality & short backstory blurb: Predatory, inquisitive, and with a questionable moral compass. He's not one to maliciously hurt others, unless provoked, but he's not going to be fussed if it ends up happening, either. Furthermore, if he wants something, he doesn't really see a problem with just reaching out and taking it--at least, not in most cases.
Refs: [x], [x]

Aedan (Existing character at TiH)
Personality & short backstory blurb: Aedan is a 15-year-old hellhorse, with the perhaps-expected lack of control over his fire-creation abilities that one might expect. Somewhat solitary (as a general rule, he can take-or-leave company, although if given a choice, he'd choose to be in the company of others), he's got something of a chip on his shoulder. Very proud, it's a constant, not-so-private source of shame for him that he lacks control over both his temper (at least, at times..particularly when his flammability is brought up) and his fear...he sees it as a constant failure to live up to what he feels his potential should be. As a result, he tends to overcompensate by taking on way more than he can really handle, and often trips himself up and causes himself a ton of unnecessary stress--very much has issues accepting constructive criticism, or asking for help.

As a result, he can come across as something of a perfectionist, and more than a little bit on the a**l side. Definitely not very good at cutting loose, or just sitting back and enjoying the ride, so to speak.
Refs: [x] [Gallery]

Uluiru (quest character at TiH)
Personality & short backstory blurb: Efficient, with a strong sense of empathy. He's not one to toy with things unnecessarily, since he tends to consider carefully how he'd feel if roles were reversed--he'll do what he needs to, but he's not going to make things more unpleasant than necessary.

Ulu's got a fairly laid-back approach to life...he's not intensely driven to succeed, or excel, but if given a task/something that's needed to get done, he'll do what he needs to in order to see it through. He's respectful of women, not so much in the way of 'treats her like a delicate lady in need of protection' as a 'treats her as a potential praying mantis, who may or may not rip off his head if provoked'....with a sort of cautious courtesy, especially if she comes across as temperamental.

Ulu's not antsy, or inclined to fidget, but is instead perfectly content to sit still for long periods of time, if needed. He also has an easy, unhurried way of moving that can make it surprising to some, when they stop and think about it. He doesn't move slowly, but the way he moves appears to be slow and easy, even when it's not. He's got a reasonable amount of stamina, but he's not possessing of drastic amounts of endurance--he's definitely more of a sprinter than a marathon runner, and the same goes for him in a fight--if he can't finish it quickly, he starts to flounder relatively quickly.

He's hard to insult, as he's not prone to excess pride or impressions of self-worth. He's self-depreciating about his physical appearance, realizing that he's not ever going to be a 'manly' looking man, with his slight, youthful frame. With that said, he's not one to take things the opposite way, either--he very definitively identifies with being male, but he's under no illusions as to how he looks. On the contrary, he has a tendency to be underestimated physically, which he has no problem using to his advantage.

Not being overly driven, while he'll work at maintaining and developing new skills, he's not one to spend hours upon hours trying to be the best, or picking fights with others as some sort of one-upmanship. However, he's not completely averse to sticking up for someone who seems unable to do so for themselves--he may come across as somewhat lazy, but he isn't blind to the responses of others, and isn't inclined to sit back and watch someone be victimized. On the flip side, he's not prone to rushing in headlong--if someone's brought something upon themselves, he's got no problem standing back and letting them take what they have coming. Very much prone to taking things one day at a time, and to not dwell on the past.
Refs: None! But, I do have a semi-vague physical description to work from--since he's a character I'm still questing for, he's still being fleshed out...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy seeing art of him/seeing how other people would see him as it stands! So, here that goes:
Age: 23, but he doesn't look it--he looks like he's in his late teens, if one were to try to pin it down.
Eye Colour: Green
Hair Colour/Style: Deep auburn, with more gold-toned highlights from spending so much time outdoors. He keeps it in a slightly shaggy, just-past-the-shoulders length, occasionally pulled back with a leather thong, although usually left loose. It's mostly straight, with maybe the barest hint of wave to it. He's a big one for feathers, teeth and bead accessories, and his hair is no exception.
Skin Colour: Bronze
Clothing Style/Colours: He sticks to mostly natural tones, preferring colors that would let him blend in, if he wanted to. He's not overly modest, and so not necessarily inclined to be heavily clothed, unless it's really cold.
Extra: He's got wings (fairly large ones), that are the mostly the same color as his hair, fading to a slightly darker color at the tips (and perhaps a bit of striping in the same darker-shade on the main part of the feather). He's got a slim, somewhat androgynous build--he'll never be one of those guys who walks into a room and has women swooning at his overwhelming masculinity. He's on the short side--not leaning towards dwarfish or anything, but definitely toward the shorter end of average (at a whopping 5'6", give or take). Feel free to have fun with his appearance--think amazonian tribal, as a rule...I like fun/interesting clothing and accessories, but he's hardly a fashion diva, so nothing TOO wild. He'd also be unlikely to be wearing any kind of shoes. Some sort of stylized, tribal tattoo wouldn't be amiss, either (winding around his torso would be great--since he's not an existing character yet, I'm okay with the exact design being up to the artist).

If he's really just not coming across well, I can attempt roughing out a reference picture, but I'm afraid of it not coming across exactly right, anyway xD.

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Current Funds:

Pure: 1.2mill

Items: (when I run low on pure, I may sell off some of these, or offer them up for multiple pieces, or something I'm really heavily lusting over)
-Gogh Reed
-Noel's Gift
-Alruna's Rose
-Pistolera
--there are a few more, but for now, those are the ones I'm most likely to part with, for the right stuff smile

Received Art:

[x] (by Panic pie...so amazingly awesome! heart )
[x] (by Vanna1994..thank you so muuuch! *w* heart )

Links Out:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sex Symbol

10,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Okay, not that I suspect anyone's stalking waiting to post, but now I'm done reserving~! 3nodding

EDIT: rofl, and someone did indeed post just after #3 xD.

Caring Friend

Where are the OCs? o:

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Messagee
Where are the OCs? o:

I was still typing up their descrips and getting the information into one place, lol! Sorry about my slowness smile

Caring Friend

Vashtya
Messagee
Where are the OCs? o:

I was still typing up their descrips and getting the information into one place, lol! Sorry about my slowness smile

oh, cool c:

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Friendly Fatcat

Vashtya

User Image
Hello there, Art Collector !

Check out this auction?!
User Image

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Thanks for linking me to the auction--unfortunately, it's a bit out of my price range (but such pretty art!)

7,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100
Goodluck blaugh

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Thanks! smile

eviktedRei's Husband

Tipsy Hoarder

Quick Reply

Submit