Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bilge rat

MEN WHO LOOK LIKE MEN
&
OTHER HARD-TO-DRAW THINGS

a request

User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ by Shestval

I have basically unlimited Gaia gold and hard-to-draw characters! I'm also really picky, so don't be hurt if I turn you down. My characters have distinctive faces (big noses! facial hair! familial resemblance!) and it is extremely important to me that they look like themselves. Not interested in anime or chibis, unless you think you can draw these characters and make them look like themselves in your style of anime/chibi. The more personality, the better. I am interested in both CG and traditional, color and B&W, sketch and finished pictures.

Check my reference images to get an idea of what I'm looking for! I'll take links to shops if you have slots open (and you're gonna give me one!), I'd prefer no auctions or RL commissions. (I don't have the money for RL commissions right now, sorry. sad )

Bilge rat

WANNA DRAW?

If you are interested in drawing these characters, please post samples, your prices, and who you are interested in drawing! I may haggle prices. I may ask for more samples. Please, don't be offended if I turn you down!

I will consider art trades, if I am available to take them, I like your art, and I like what YOU would like drawn. My art is here.

Bilge rat

MY TOP INTERESTS

DIEDER VANRORN (top image by Cat-the-Bat)
User Image

References by me:
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]

References by others:
|| T O U Y A || (Dieder is slightly too buff in this picture, but his face is PERFECT)
Ruste (Dragon parts not necessary!)
Shas3 (I really adore this picture)
Demonroni

Physical description:
26 years old, 6'2", and 160lbs. Body type would be similar to a basketball player or cyclist -- skinny and lanky. Sandy dark blond hair, long bangs with sideburns. Pinkish-tan skin -- he's naturally pale but he's outside all the time so he gets a lot of sun. Grey eyes with blond lashes and thin, small eyebrows. Very prominent roman nose, and a long bony face.

Character description:
Charismatic and likable, infuriatingly overconfident. Bisexual "lady's" man. A little emotionally unstable and fiercely claustrophobic. Grins a lot. Not the brightest bulb in the box. Chaffs under authority. (Those last two are a combination that get him in a bit of trouble.) Is a powerful natural healer and can't allow a person to suffer.

Clothes: PLEASE READ
I am most interested in Dieder as PURELY HUMAN (despite any references otherwise!) For clothes, I would like simple, vaguely authentic sailor garb, like these: [X], [X], [X]. I'm no longer terribly interested in the outfits that are depicted in most of my references. Sorry. sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JAKE MORLEY (top image by Daquill)
User Image

References by me:
[X] (in front) [X] [X] [X] [X] (on left)

References by others:
Esqueue (just about perfect)
|| T O U Y A || (also just about perfect)
WonderJan

Physical description:
Shortish and well-built, like a wrestler. Around 5'7" and 170lbs. Handsome in his own way, with laughing brown eyes, has a short face with a squarish jaw. Has wavy brown hair that always seems to need a haircut -- note how it flips out at the sides! (Hair like a mix between Jim Halpert from The Office and Chad from Bleach.) He has a long horizontal scar over his left eye, and wears his bangs to cover it (so it may not be visible). About 2 days' worth of stubble.

Character description:
Confident, extremely charismatic, and tough as nails. Has a nasty temper, too, if he feels that you've hurt him or one of his own. Has always been lower class, and is a very competent sailor with the foul mouth to prove it. He's gay, but is better described as a thug than as a fairy. Smokes hand-rolled cigarettes.

For clothes, I would like simple, vaguely authentic sailor garb, like these: [X], [X], [X]. I'm no longer terribly interested in the outfits that are depicted in most of my references. Sorry.

BEN MORLEY
(top image by Vandenburg)
User Image
References by me:
[X] [X] [X] (on right) [X] (in blue)

References by others:
Let me get back to this...

Physical description:
Around 5'10" and leaner, but still built like a man with a manual labor job. Shoulder-length wavy auburn hair, that he usually wears pulled back into a low ponytail. Hazel eyes, noticeable cheekbones, in general a little "pretty." Thick eyebrows and a large but straight nose. Rectangular face.

Character description:
Jake's younger brother, and a bit sheltered (despite his difficult life). His older brothers tried to shield him from the world some, seeing him as a delicate spirit, and so he's a little behind. Shy and sheepish. Developing a backbone and is willing to work hard for to earn his place. Not terribly street-smart (unlike Jake!) but rather book-smart, when he puts his mind to it. Still, he needs to work for his education.

For clothes, I would like simple, vaguely authentic sailor garb, like these: [X], [X], [X]. I'm no longer terribly interested in the outfits that are depicted in most of my references. Sorry.

SOREN FOSTER (top image by Shestval)
User Image

More references by me:
[X]

References by others:
None!

Physical description:
Soren is 14-15 years old, with an big upturned nose, dimples, and a cleft chin. He's also a girl who is passing as a boy. wink Skinny and short. Has noticeably pretty emerald green eyes and dark brown hair pulled back in a low ponytail. Freckles. Androgynous!

Character description:
Courageous to the point of reckless. Soren ran away from home, dressed up like a boy, and joined a prison ship as a ship's boy, if that gets that message across. A very strong swimmer. Has a big secret to keep (should never be drawn without a shirt!) He's a real hero-type and will put himself in danger to save others without thinking. In general a little naive but still holds his own with the older sailors, who basically treat him as one of the boys (and have no idea of his secret.)

Hint: This is the character who least looks like a man! biggrin

Bilge rat

ALSO INTERESTED IN

HENRI GUYAUMME (top image by Shestval)
User Image

More references by me:
[X] (old and crappy)

References by others:
Victor Bernard

Physical description:
In his fifties and on the short side, maybe around 5'5". A little chubby, glasses, a receding hairline. Think a younger Ben Franklin or an older John Hodgman. Could be drawn in "adventuring" clothing or professor robes like the sample.

Character description:
A wizard college professor, with a specialty in magical "engineering/physics". Hardworking and very smart -- the sort of "genius" who has worked his butt off for everything he has. Shy and wants to be liked, nerdy. Is an excellent shot and duelwields flintlock pistols.

JIM MORLEY (top image by Shestval)
User Image

References by me:
[X] [X] (in the middle) [X] (on the right)

References by others:
BANGBANGBaby

Physical description:
Burly thug in his early 30s, 5'9" and around 180 lbs. Short curly reddish-brown hair and green-hazel eyes. Can be drawn with either a full beard or a goateeHe's the elder brother to Jake and Ben (see above). Please don't draw the horns, as fun as they are.

Character description:
Jim is abrasive and a bit of a bully. He thinks the whole world is out to get him and his brothers. When he acts, he acts in his own interests first, his brother's interests second, and everyone else's a very distant third. Of the Morley group, Jim serves as the brawn, and is the strongest of the four. He often thinks he's in charge, even if the other three are just letting him believe that. He's the sort of man who would kick a homeless person.

Jim often likes using big words to show how smart and "intellectual" he is. He always uses the words incorrectly.

TODD WHITE (top image by Shestval)
User Image

More references by me:
[X] (on the far left) [X] (in back) [X] (on the right) [X] (on the right)

References by others:
Kuyusi -- this is possibly the cutest picture to ever exist ever
Victor Bernard - yessssssssss

Physical description:
Heavyset, a well-muscled man with a good padding of fat on top, about 5'9" and 220#. In his late 20's. He's got a round face with a big nose, black-brown hair and brown eyes. Rather plain-looking. Wears a light grey-blue button-up shirt, knee-high black boots, and black pants. Don't forget that he's chubby!

Character description:
Simple and sweet, loves animals. Not terribly bright (or creative with names). Quiet, patient, and observant. He's a mute -- he lost his tongue. Wants desperately for people to like him. A sailor with no ambition to move up the ranks. Has experience as a brawler/wrestler, although he's not likely to pick fights. Fiercely loyal to the Morley brothers and anyone else he feels has "done 'im roight."

Bilge rat

CHARACTERS I WOULD MAYBE SORTA BE INTERESTED IN
(but are worth putting in the thread anyway)

Coming soon...

Bilge rat

AND THEN THESE GUYS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE ELSE

OLAVO REMIGES-BARROSA (top image by Shestval)
User Image

References by me:
[X] [X] (without armor) [X] (with his body)

References by others:
None!

Physical description:
Olavo is (please don't hate me for the non-PC term) mulatto. Heavyset and very muscular. Has thick lips, a square jaw, wooly hair, and a broad nose. Heavy brows. He's basically fantasy-Brazillian, if that helps. He also wears heavy armor.

Character description:
Olavo is a ghost. He's dead. And he hates that. He wants more than anything to be alive. He resides with the living but his business is with the undead underground society, which means he deals with some very evil people on a regular basis. He hates them, too. He's a good man in a very terrible situation.

He's gruff and angry and angsty. He's also a coward. He ran away from the most important battle of his life and he will never forget that.

Olavo tends to be serious and poignant.

The weird ghost s**t:
Olavo found his body. It had been animated as an death knight and was killing innocent people for fun. Olavo smited his body's a** and dragged the now un-animated body back home. He had it all fixed up.

And now it's his most precious possession and he has no idea what to do with it. He sits it in a chair and stares at it a lot. Sometimes he possesses it (hey, this is the weird ghost s**t section after all) and tries to use his senses. He's a little afraid of it.

Here is a short story about Olavo and his body

Random mechanics:
Olavo is my D&D 3.5 character. So in case you're curious, he's a human ghost, using the Ghostwalk rules. emotion_dowant His classes are Fighter 8, Eidolon 2, Pious Templar 6. A big tank-y tank tank with a giant sword. rofl

Bilge rat

COUPLES & s**t

DIEDER & JAKE (top image by ||TOUYA||)
User Image

References by me:
[X] [X] [X] [X]

References by others:
Hello Tylenol
godeater
T1mco
Mankodesu
Tanken-Chan

Couple dynamic:
Dieder (the blond) is the Captain, Jake (the brunette) is a lowly sailor. The relationship began when Dieder wanted sex, and Jake wanted the career advantage of sleeping with the captain. Then things got complicated. Dieder and Jake were still more sexual than romantic. But Jake began to fall in love, although he was way too macho to come out and say it. Dieder was clueless, and he was like "Ve're ********, ya?" Which hurt Jake, who was starting to look for something more.

Eventually Dieder came around, and they were a happy couple for a grand total of four days before Dieder was captured and imprisoned deep within the earth. sad Now Jake has to go rescue him!

Jake's a top, Dieder's a switch.

Important Notes:
Dieder is 7 inches taller than Jake. So yes, this means that the bottom is taller than the top.

Tone ideas:
Sexual or playful before romantic, although the right romantic situation may be awesome.

Bilge rat

WHAT THE ******** SHOULD I PUT HERE
I have no clue what I am doing

Bilge rat

Bilge rat

ART SPOTLIGHT
Aerial Whale
User Image

Bilge rat

Bilge rat

Bilge rat

Bilge rat