Welcome to Gaia! ::

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Hello, everyone.

After over ten years on Gaia, I’ve decided that it’s time to leave. I’m not doing anything but dressing up my avatar, I’m disgusted with the way the site continues to whore for money, and I’m generally needing to quit this thing right here and now. But what to do with all this stuff I’ve got...?

According to TekTek, I have over 3 trillion gold in inventory and loose golds. I figure I might as well put that to good use buying some art and completing a project I’ve had in mind for years. So, here it goes…

I play Pathfinder. I have a home-brewed campaign setting, that I’ve been building a “campaign reference document” for. I’ve personally illustrated everything for the book, including iconics, spot illustrations, etc. It’s entirely for my friends who play with me to see – not for profit in any capacity. But I’d like the illustrations of the deities in the setting to NOT be my illustrations. I want them to look different, so that they feel more like something that would be “art” to the people who populate the world. I need someone else to illustrate them.

There are 29 gods.

So, what I’m looking for is someone willing to take all my stuff, and give me excellent illustrations of these 29 deities in exchange. I’ll be providing the descriptions of each god, references if needed. I’m looking for, ideally, one illustrator, but I might be able to work with a bit more than that. Provide me with samples of your work if you’re interested.

The Project
There are 16 “native” deities, who all are represented in humanoid forms.
Eirias: God of time and the creator of the world. Depicted as a tall, slender elf clad in voluminous silver robes with green highlights. His pale face has pronounced and angled features, with metallic green hair combed back and perfectly in place.
A'Thea: Goddess of Earth and Community. Depicted as a beautiful woman with marble white skin clad in earthen tones and a shawl of lichen. Her hair is brown with streaks of silver and gold, and she wears a gem-encrusted tiara upon her brow. Her eyes are the deep blue of cobalt.
Alran-Kor: God of Honorable Combat. Appears as a man clad in a suit of platemail, with his face covered by his helm and his body and limbs wrapped with chains. He wields a longsword in his right hand and a large blue and white shield in his left hand.
Aya-Rha: Goddess of Magic. Depicted as a woman clad in a red gown. A scarlet and aqua mantle falls from her shoulders, while her eyes are hidden beneath an elaborate, red headdress adorned with emeralds. Her silver hair cascades down from her helm to below her knees. Her headdress should be the same as the one worn by Esye-Rha.
Cheldrya: Goddess of Nature. Depicted as an attractive, lithe woman with wooden flesh and a tangle of vines and leaves for hair. Her only garb is a wreath of leaves and berries, while her eyes are a brilliant amber colour.
Esye-Rha: God of Magic. Depicted as a man clad in golden plate armour etched with runes. A scarlet cape falls from his shoulders, while his eyes are hidden beneath an elaborate, red headdress adorned with emeralds. Often, a b*****d sword orbits his person. His headdress should be the same as the one worn by Aya-Rha.
Flammaryon: God of Fire and the Forge. Said to resemble that of his original living shape: that of an elven youth, dark of skin and soft in features. His eyes are the colour of smoldering embers, and his hair is a wild blaze. Two great wings of fire emanate from his back, and a golden ring of fire encircles each wrist and ankle. He is commonly depicted naked or swathed in steam and smoke.
Gen-Dai: God of Travel. An aged man, clad in simple brown breeches and tunic, with a hooded cloak about his shoulders. His long beard sweeping behind him as he travels ever forward, his eyes gleam with merriment and he holds a stout walking stick in his hands.
Lisseth: Appears as an emaciated woman covered in scars and, often, fresh wounds. Her jet-black hair is long and straight, and her face appears to have once been beautiful, but is now marred by several scars. Certain iconography portrays her as bound by cords or leather straps, while often she is clad in leather and in a position of dominance.
Maborosi: God of Dreams and Psionics. Most commonly in the garb of a harlequin, with a checkered suit of violet and green or black, white, and red. His face is painted white, while his eyes shine like stars in a sea of black.
Miara: Goddess of Healing, Love, and Mercy. Appears as a tall, regal beauty, with pale cream skin wrapped in a flowing, light blue gown. Her hair is a pale golden hue and her expression is soft and full of love. Her eyes, however, are the intense blue of a sapphire, and rivulets of bright scarlet run down her face and drip from her chin.
Moonshadow: Goddess of Undeath. Appears as a pale woman with long, black hair, elaborate gowns, ruby red lips and eyes. She was a vampire before becoming a goddess.
Mytherys: God of Hunting. A tanned, athletic male with feral, animalistic facial features and clawed hands. He is adorned in the pelts of his prey.
Rhiannon: Goddess of Night, Day, Sun, Moon, Balance. A majestic beauty with colour dualities divided lengthwise down her middle. Corresponding to the sun on her right, her flaxen hair flows in waves against her white dress trimmed in gold. Her left half corresponds to the moon, and is marked by straight silver hair that falls down the back of a black gown trimmed with silver. Her right eye is a luminous golden orb while her left is cool silver.
Salaiia: Goddess of Sea, Storms, Wind, & Water. A beautiful, slender woman whose body is covered head to toe in blue and blue green scales. Her lower body is like an elongated fish tail, and her white hair resembles sea foam. Enormous white wings grow from her back, and her eyes glow with crackling electricity.
Yarin: God of Life and Death. Appears as an aged male with wrinkled skin and short, grey hair. He is clad in worn field clothes and carries a common farmer’s scythe, with which he cuts the grains of life when it is time to harvest.

There are an additional 13 “foreign” deities who are all confined to animal/beast forms. That doesn’t mean that they can’t be illustrated in a human-ish way, since they’re still intelligent creatures, just that they’ll be more like deific versions of talking animals or Disney animal sidekicks.
Adoloa: God of Purification & Redemption. A Couatl. Appears as a great serpent with emerald scales and great wings of rainbow light.
Allende: Goddess of Tyranny. A Spider. Bound in the form of a great, black spider.
Baumol: God of Corruption and Poison. Bound in the form of a serpent, most commonly a black serpent with golden eyes, but occasionally as a golden serpent with emerald eyes. His tongue is forked, and is often said to drip honey.
The Beast: God of Slaughter. An enormous reptilian monstrosity, loping along the ground on bipedal legs with a horned carapace set upon its back and small, bestial eyes above its gigantic, tooth filled maw.
The Black Chaos: God of Madness and Chaos. Does not have a set animal form, and is instead depicted in a wide variety of maddening images from cult cell to cult cell. The most common icons associated with it are writing masses of tentacles, gaping maws of razor sharp teeth, or horrid collections of eyes amidst a mass of quivering flesh. Think Lovecraftian.
Felagun: God of Intrigue and Politics. Rat.
Leixlligan: Goddess of lust. A scarlet and black bat.
Mahalath: Goddess of Inspiration. Portrayed most commonly as a golden butterfly with shifting, emerald green patterns across her wings.
Minagin: Goddess of Justice. A silver and golden swan.
Radoni: God of Commerce and Trade. Form of a golden and silver fox, with eyes as clear as diamonds and often with a key in his mouth. Traditionally, he is represented as sitting before a vault or resting upon a mound of gold and precious jewels, and some versions of Radoni attribute as many as nine tails to him. Inspired by Lord Inari.
Ryl'Bea: Goddess of Dragons. Appears as a mithral dragon.
Vashi: God of Witchcraft and Blood Magic. Represented as a black cat with emerald green eyes, though he also appears as a displacer beast.

Edit: As stated above, the majority of the value I possess is in items, not gold. I've finally figured out a better way to present the inventory I've got right now. I stored the inventory list in my GoogleDocs list, which can be viewed here. The inventory, along with my gold, is what's up for grabs with this amazing art project, if anyone's still interested...

Update: We look like we have an active artist. - Child of Cirra - is very excited about the project, and I'm looking forward to great things with this. I'll keep updating as we go.

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
This is a pretty neat idea :O
Oh wow, this is just amazing! I love your descriptions, and that is some dedication.

Not that I'd ever live down if it got back to him, but even the guy that DMs for our group of people hasn't gone quite that far yet, and he likes to make a big production out of things.

Best of luck with your request! I'd actually love to see the art once it's done, if the person that takes this job is going to post them somewhere, haha.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

I'll just put this illustration right here so that any potential artists get an idea of what the art in the campaign setting already looks like... Not the style I want for the art I'm commissioning, mind you. Just sort of how the world so far appears...

Cute Vampire

15,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100

Dapper Dabbler

I would absolutely love to take on such a big project.
I have have plenty of time this summer and am willing
to apply sketches of your characters before you choose
your artist. This is awesome. Please see my deviantart-
profile in the signature. Looking forward to hear from you.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Chinnie

I'll have to check it out when I get home tonight (work blocks Deviantart, sadly).

Ruthless Vampire

woah this is cool ~ :33

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

sweetsmonster

woah this is cool ~ :33

Thanks very much. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out...

Trash

Goodluck!
Am always tempted to take on big projects but 29 pieces is... well... =n=||| gets tired super fast ahahaha....

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

I know, right? It's a crazy proposition.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Badump bump.

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Chinnie

I must admit, I really like this one.

Owarii's Waifu

cool idea! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out