*gone*

Shirtless Heckler

This thread is open now.

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
I dont think your art is terrible. I like your style. Its... Distinctive.
In a good way, in a good way. Its got a quality to it that is uniquely yours and that I always liked...
Damn it, what is that quality??? I hate it when i cant name something.

Shirtless Heckler

I'm always my own harshest critic. The internet is about the only place I can gripe about my art, as if I do it in real life there are people who threaten to take me out back and beat me.

Literally. I have my fighter's authorization card again.

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Whats a fighters authorization card, anyway?

Yeah. you know, its always the good ones that hate their art. the bad ones love theirs.
I think its a good thing, you know? As long as you use that frustration to try to get better. Some people quit and its sad. Too many people with talent quit.
Plus it makes the occasional one that you love even better.

Mmm. I am thinking of doing some art for you btw.
Can never figure out how to price myself though... thats literally the only thing holding me back. That and homework. So that was a lie.
>.>

This actually ties into the critique of ones self, doesnt it. XD

Dangerous Nerd

I wish you well in your life away from gaia, Kiddo. :3 And that you get tons of lovely art for your send off as well.

Blessed Friend

9,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

Shirtless Heckler

DraconicFeline
Whats a fighters authorization card, anyway?

Yeah. you know, its always the good ones that hate their art. the bad ones love theirs.
I think its a good thing, you know? As long as you use that frustration to try to get better. Some people quit and its sad. Too many people with talent quit.
Plus it makes the occasional one that you love even better.

Mmm. I am thinking of doing some art for you btw.
Can never figure out how to price myself though... thats literally the only thing holding me back. That and homework. So that was a lie.
>.>

This actually ties into the critique of ones self, doesnt it. XD

When you want to fight in the SCA, you have to pass an authorization test to make sure you know what you're doing and won't hurt yourself or anyone else. Without it, you're not allowed to fight. So since I've got one, I'm allowed to fight and my friends will threaten to challenge me to combat if I bad-mouth my art.

You should do some art! I'd love it and throw gold at you!

Hoarder

Hello, would you be interested in buying art from my friend? She needs gold for her quest for Lucky the Cat.

Art Shop

Shirtless Heckler

I Play Foreplay
Hello, would you be interested in buying art from my friend? She needs gold for her quest for Lucky the Cat.

Art Shop

Send her this way, I really want to keep everything in this thread so I don't have to keep track of much.

Lucile Amos's Husbando

Dashing Darling

Hey. x3
I think I'd be pretty interested in drawing your characters, actually! My friend Foreplay posted in here for me. XD He's my stand-in secretary at the moment.
I'll apologize in advance if this is disorganized, and if I ramble. x_x; I'm new to offering my art up, so I tend to try to cover all my bases and that makes me ramble off.

I can't say for certain who I'd end up drawing, but I'm most interested in drawing a Nightshade. My only chibi anthro reference, however.. is uncolored and rather old because I have yet to draw anymore for that character, so it'd be highly experimental.
That can be found here.
My dA and the examples below can be used as guidance of my coloring style though.

My favorite chibi examples in particular though, are here, here and here.

As you see, those're all human, but I'm truly happy to try anything you'd like to throw at me as long as it's not frilly. XD Or I can surprise you, which works even better on my end, in case one person doesn't turn out right.

My prices for animated chibis run for 1 mil (for blinking and minor animations) to 1.6-2m for more detailed (like wagging tails. I'm afraid with my computer at the moment, I'm limited in too much other that I can do.)
If you wanted non-animated, 800k or so is generally what I charge.

If I did draw a Nightshade though, I'd show you the sketch beforehand, then the lineart if it's approved, and if it didn't turn out quite as well as you'd hoped, I won't expect you to pay (unless I'd already lined or colored it -I'd expect at least half of my original price) for any of it.

Now.. there's something else I've been working on, but I've only got one example for it. I'd actually rather take that route if you wanted a human character instead. If you're more interested in that, please let me know and we can discuss it more, including a price for it. (and I can definitely draw males. I prefer it, actually.)

I'm pretty confident in my work, and I refuse to give a commissioner something half-assed (pardon my French.), so if I don't feel good about it, I won't ask you to pay full price, or anything for it.
Please let me know if you're interested! heart

My god, I need to learn not to ramble. Wall of text. OTL

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
SCA?

Oh sure. I have a pricing system I'm thinking of...
Like, its worth X number of gold + x per hour i worked on it?

Shirtless Heckler

Tsarkel
Hey. x3
I think I'd be pretty interested in drawing your characters, actually! My friend Foreplay posted in here for me. XD He's my stand-in secretary at the moment.
I'll apologize in advance if this is disorganized, and if I ramble. x_x; I'm new to offering my art up, so I tend to try to cover all my bases and that makes me ramble off.

I can't say for certain who I'd end up drawing, but I'm most interested in drawing a Nightshade. My only chibi anthro reference, however.. is uncolored and rather old because I have yet to draw anymore for that character, so it'd be highly experimental.
That can be found here.
My dA and the examples below can be used as guidance of my coloring style though.

My favorite chibi examples in particular though, are here, here and here.

As you see, those're all human, but I'm truly happy to try anything you'd like to throw at me as long as it's not frilly. XD Or I can surprise you, which works even better on my end, in case one person doesn't turn out right.

My prices for animated chibis run for 1 mil (for blinking and minor animations) to 1.6-2m for more detailed (like wagging tails. I'm afraid with my computer at the moment, I'm limited in too much other that I can do.)
If you wanted non-animated, 800k or so is generally what I charge.

If I did draw a Nightshade though, I'd show you the sketch beforehand, then the lineart if it's approved, and if it didn't turn out quite as well as you'd hoped, I won't expect you to pay (unless I'd already lined or colored it -I'd expect at least half of my original price) for any of it.

Now.. there's something else I've been working on, but I've only got one example for it. I'd actually rather take that route if you wanted a human character instead. If you're more interested in that, please let me know and we can discuss it more, including a price for it. (and I can definitely draw males. I prefer it, actually.)

I'm pretty confident in my work, and I refuse to give a commissioner something half-assed (pardon my French.), so if I don't feel good about it, I won't ask you to pay full price, or anything for it.
Please let me know if you're interested! heart

My god, I need to learn not to ramble. Wall of text. OTL

I am not a big fan of chibi art, but I'm interested in that second style you've got an example of. I didn't want to explicitly disallow chibi art because I figured there'd be some beginner artists that only do chibi. But I am interested in that second style, definitely.

Lucile Amos's Husbando

Dashing Darling

Kiddo Seanchain

Ahhh. I get you completely. I've been wanting to draw non-chibi stuff more anyway. :3
It just seems like the majority of Gaia likes chibi art. xD; Since my headshot thing last night didn't go over well, I decided to do chibis today.

Hmm.. For those.. I was thinking maybe 800k for a portrait? I'm not entirely sure on the prices, seeing as I just finished that yesterday. o .o So I'm also unsure if they'd come out more refined than that, which is a complete possibility, if I end up enjoying the character a lot, I'll do more to it, as simple as that.

For other examples, though non-colored, here's some sketches I've done recently.
[female] [male] [male].

And for more examples of animal art, I do actually have some dragons. o 3o
[Older one that I did in a doctor's office] [headshot that's older.]

Would you care entirely in the end if I just picked someone when I go to draw it and leave it as such? Or would you like me to set a character and let you know first? I believe that's my main thing, since my art style likes some people, but hates others. I can never tell, truly.

Shirtless Heckler

If it's a colored portrait, 800k sounds fine. I looked through your DA gallery and you've got nice coloring. (and I'm trying to fight my tendency to be frugal here, that's not the point of this thread...)

I'll let you pick the character. I need to hurry up and add the last set, they're just complicated to type up. But I'm done with my own painting for tonight, so I should just do that right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff