Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Heckler

I am leaving Gaia. I've been on this website for a long time and I've recently had some major - amazing - changes in my life. A disorder that has kept me from doing what I've loved for almost six years now is finally under control and I can start taking my life back. Gaia doesn't really have a place in that anymore, because the things I do outside of Gaia are so much more interesting. Since I no longer have a use for my account, I am emptying it of both gold and items. Since I've had this account for so long... there's a bit to go through.

Current funds in gold: 50 million

Rules:
- You must state your intent to draw first. Please do not draw first, ask second, it makes things awkward for me to keep track of.
- You must post in this thread an example of your art and your price. You must have a price, I will not determine one for you.
- I will not go to your store. You may link the store for examples, but I will not order from your store. All business must stay within this thread.
- Do NOT PM me.
- Once I accept your commission, I will start a trade with you. Please do not accept the trade until you are done with the artwork, as I won't finalize until then and it's very easy for me to lose track of things if I have a bunch of trades sitting there waiting for me.
- I will not pick what you draw. I love surprises and I love seeing how other people interpret my characters.
- I do not accept avatar art. I'm leaving Gaia.

Basically, think of it this way: I am leaving Gaia because I do not spend much time on it anymore. I do not want to have to work for art when getting rid of my gold.

Please, I want to give you my gold. Make it easy for me.

If anything on here confuses you, please just ask and I'll clarify.

The easiest way to DELAY getting your gold is to finalize the trade before you have finished the artwork. It's really easy for me to overlook your trade if it's been sitting on my queue for a while. Do NOT finalize your trade until you post the finished artwork. That's my reminder to go in and complete my side of the trade.

I have roughly 15+ trades sitting open at any given time. Help me out here. Or drop a PM if you think you've been forgotten.

Characters:

Character appearances are not set in stone. My reference images are to give you an idea, if you want to take artistic liberty with their clothing, hair style, etc - feel free. Things like hair length and eye color and other immutables should stay the same, but if you want to add or remove details, feel free. Since I'm primarily a writer, my visual images of the characters aren't really my focus.

Quote:
Summoner

Setting: Modern era. Magic exists, but tries to stay out of non-magic affairs and vice versa. There are fifteen worlds, each aspected to a different kind of magic. The main character is a summoner, able to call immortals from the other fifteen worlds and bind them to herself.

Quote:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cecelia

Physical appearance: Female, 26. Average build, long brown hair, brown eyes. Has a tattoo for every summoning she binds - a rune with smaller runes trailing up the limb, with a black band around the wrist/ankle. Both wrists and both ankles are tattooed, though she keeps the ankles always covered so people don't know she has four summonings.

Clothing: Dresses very stylishly, tends to favor more feminine outfits. Leans more towards the formal and even if she wears jeans, dresses them up. No set outfit.

Personality/History: Ruthless, manipulative, and determined. After being kidnapped and forced to summon Quix, she begins planning revenge and after watching Quix murder a couple people, she starts to lose her horror of violence. Is willing to do terrible things to bring down the people that kidnapped her. Fragile where her summonings are concerned, as they're actively trying to destroy her sanity.

References: [x][x]

Art from this Thread: [x][x]

Quote:
Quix

Physical appearance: Male, immortal. Slender with curly black hair, black eyes. His true form is his shadow, which appears as a six-legged mutant cross between a greyhound, rat, and lionfish. Has a rune tattoo on the back of both hands, trailing up the arm, with two black bands around his wrist.

Clothing: Very elegant, wears jeans, black boots, a half-buttoned black shirt rolled up at sleeves, charcoal formal vest, and a charcoal tweed beret (the kind with a brim). His outfit does not change.

Personality/History: Vicious and cruel, feeds off the despair and pain of others. He is very old even for the shadow demons and very powerful. Enjoys interesting situations and finds Cecelia's bid for power intriguing. Delights in taking his time in making people suffer, especially in breaking down Cecelia's will to keep him enslaved. His shadow can injure other shadows and the injuries are reflected on other people, so he can tear someone apart without physically touching them with his human form. Has a wry and morbid sense of humor.

References: [x]

Art from this Thread: [x]

Quote:
Larinst

Physical appearance: Male, immortal. Appears as a male version of Cecelia, slender with brown hair, brown eyes. He never blinks. His true form is something of an eight-legged dragon with multiple eyes. Has a rune tattoo on the back of both hands, trailing up the arm, with two black bands around his wrist.

Clothing: Dresses as a male version of Cecelia. Sometimes has to get creative when she's being particularly feminine with her outfit. No set outfit.

Personality/History: Reserved, easily irritated. Fascinated with artwork, prefers to be left alone. Able to invade people's minds when they sleep through their dreams. Dislikes Cecelia, tries to make her uneasy around him, quite willing to help Quix hurt her any way he can within the confines of the binding. Doesn't like to talk much, will use telepathy to convey complicated information.

Quote:
Makt

Physical appearance: Male, immortal. Short dark red hair, dark red eyes. Has runes covering his body, each a stolen spell. Looks a bit younger than the rest. His true form is like a short furry humanoid thing with a fluffy tail, visible veins, and runes. Has a rune tattoo on the back of both hands, trailing up the arm, with two black bands around his wrist.

Clothing: Doesn't have any idea how to dress in the human world, wears whatever Cecelia tells him to. Tends to be plain or standard formal wear. No set outfit.

Personality/History: Short-sighted, easily excited, impulsive and a braggart. The youngest of the immortals, able to only steal spells from other people. Does whatever the others tell him to, doesn't hold much of a grudge against Cecelia, and is fascinated by pretty much everything in the human world as he's never seen it before. Starting to develop a taste for hurting others, thanks to Quix's guidance.

Quote:
Mist-Blood

Setting: Mix of futuristic sci-fi and medieval fantasy. Technology drops the further civilization spreads. Humanity is enclosed by a barrier of mist and anyone venturing into it vanishes. There is a sub-species of humans called mist-bloods, known for being small, childlike in appearance, and mentally unstable. Highly discriminated against. A government agency is recruiting mist-bloods to find out what is inside the mist, as the mist-bloods can see in the mist where normal humans can't.

Quote:

Voice

Physical appearance: Female, 26. Very short with blonde hair, blue eyes, and very angular - almost elvish - features. Very skinny from not having enough food available. Has computer implants to enhance her vision, visible by metal plates framing her eyes.

Clothing: Always wears gloves. Prefers long sleeves and nondescript clothing with subdued colors. Wears a black skin-tight body armor suit underneath her clothing. She does have a super-fancy outfit in the references, that one has her with short-hair as it's cut off shortly before she receives it.

Personality/History: A minor criminal, Voice is captured by officials and recruited for an agency trying to find out what lives inside the mist that keeps their civilization from spreading any further. Very impulsive and prone to bouts of anger that she hates, feels very guilty for the things she's done because of that. Loyal to Roman, dislikes authority.

References: [x][x][x][x]

Art from this thread: [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

Quote:
Roman

Physical appearance: Male, 37. Very short with short brown hair and blue eyes. Angular - almost elvish - features. Has computer implants to enhance his vision, visible by metal plates framing his eyes.

Clothing: Military clothing, functional, prefers to wear leggings that button up halfway up his shin and a jacket. Wears a black skin-tight body armor suit underneath his clothing.

Personality/History: Agent in charge of the unit dedicated to mounting excursions into the mist. Reserved, calm, but susceptible to bouts of anger that he tries to expend through training in martial arts or sparring.

Art from this thread: [x][x]

Minor Characters
Quote:
Bent

Physical appearance: Male, 29. Very short with green eyes and red hair. Hair falls to his shoulders, he wears it in a very short ponytail high up on the middle of his head. Angular - almost elvish - features. Has computer implants to enhance his vision, visible by metal plates framing his eyes.

Clothing: Wears a black skin-tight body armor suit underneath his clothing, tends to wear only pants and boots over top of it.

Personality/History: Mass-murderer captured by the agency and forcibly recruited. Hates himself and hates authority. Secretly a coward and cannot kill anyone up-close, favors a sniper rifle. Voice is terrified of him and he likes to exploit this.

Quote:

The Darkness Beyond

Setting: Two worlds, ours, and the otherworld. Ours is modern, the otherworld is a place with no sun where all the creatures like vampires, demons, fairies, etc, live. The otherworld is behind on progress and is similar to 17th century our world. There are a number of government agencies dedicated to keeping the two worlds from interacting any more than they do, a sort of men-in-black affair. The otherworld views humanity as prey and can cross over at will, putting the agency at a severe disadvantage and forces them to rely upon sympathetic otherworlders for protection.

Quote:

Amber Jennings

Physical appearance: Female, age 30. Average build, short red-brown hair. Green eyes.

Clothing: Modern clothing, will wear military gear when hunting an otherworlder. Wears 17th century dresses while in the otherworld, sometimes wears men's clothing.

Personality/History: American, from an English family line that can cross freely between the two worlds and has bound a vampire to their service. Kidnapped by the British government after their previous agent died of old age as a replacement. Terrified of the dark, easily frightened by the otherworld, hates trusting Avaln but has no choice. Very stubborn and gets by through sheer determination.

Quick Reference
References: [x][x][x]

Art from this thread: [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

Quote:

Avaln d'Verre

Physical appearance: Male, 500+ years old. Tall, very pale, lean - just muscle and bone. Long black hair worn in a ponytail, goatee. Dark brown eyes.

Clothing: 17th century, very rich. Uses a sword or very rarely a blackpowder rifle when Amber bullies him into it.

Personality/History: Arrogant, incredibly possessive of his people - which includes Amber. Only tolerates the human agents because of his oath to Amber's distant ancestor. Does whatever he wants and tends to ignore Amber when she disagrees with him. Quick to violence, very cruel to his enemies.

References: [x][x][x]

Art from this thread: [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

Quote:

Quote:
Griffin's Fall

Setting: Fantasy medieval world, set in a city upon a cliff where everyone born to it are imprinted with an animal on their soul. They find out what animal by casting a coin in the person's palm, and if it turns gold, it means the person can shapeshift. There is a second world, mirroring theirs, that the humans don't know about where a race of shapeshifters live and there is very limited interaction between the two.

Nia

Physical appearance: Female, age 15. Dyes her hair pale whitish with black tips. As a griffin, is a snow leopard on the back half with tan-grey feathers with white tips. Her wings are not actually attached - they're manifested from two gems that hover near her back, only when she needs them.

Clothing: 15th-16th century medieval. Wears both dresses and men's clothing. Very fancy clothing.

Personality/History: Originally an apprentice thief, was taken in by royalty when she cast to a gold griffin, as griffins are supposed to be protectors of the city. Very unsure of herself, naive, trusts those around her to make her decisions for her.

Art from this thread: [x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

Quote:
Tak

Physical appearance: Male, 100+ years old. Shapeshifter, speckled goat. Tall, furred slightly from the elbow/knees down, around the base of his spine and close to the ears. Gray-tan fur with pale black spots. He has a long tufted tail, black horns, and the feet of a goat. His hands are only four fingers and instead of nails he has something like a tiny hoof. He can shapeshift fully into a goat of the same coloration. He has wings in this form, originating from two gems that float over his back, that he took off a griffin he murdered a long time ago.

Clothing: Fantasy-medieval, loose-cut, very plain. Sometimes wears a crown when he has to.

Personality/History: King of the shapeshifters, very competent ruler and very beloved. Powerful mage, especially with healing magic, can tap into his twin sister's power as well. Hates humans and wants to wipe out the inhabitants of Griffinfall for 'stealing' shapeshifting. Very manipulative, befriends Nia to get closer to the human world

Art from this thread: [x][x][x][x]

Quote:
Leyeh

Physical appearance: Female, 100+ years old. Tak's twin sister, looks like him except she is a brown-white ram instead of a goat. Has long gray hair she wears in intricate braids. Has a scar across her neck from a child injury that left her mute.

Clothing: Lots of gray, dresses, high collars to hide her scar.

Personality/History: Doesn't really care about the humans, acts like Tak's silent shadow. Relies on him for everything and while she has magic, tends to simply allow Tak to use it instead. Tak is extremely protective of her.

Art from this thread: [x][x][x][x][x][x][x]

Quote:

Setting: A city on a floating island in another world. Follows a mercenary company of Americans that have been pulled over to this world in their dreams by the main character. Currently employed as city guards. The company has deliberately made themselves look like they're from very far away to explain their highly advanced technology. The mages in this world are very powerful and the Americans try and hide their presence from them.

Quote:
Bridget

Physical appearance: Female, age 27. Tan skin, white hair. Very athletic. Wears thin-framed silver glasses. Has a grayish jewelstone embedded in her chest.

Clothing: Fantasy-medieval, lots of layers as they're in a very cold climate. Likes blue. Carries a warhammer and modern crossbow with a scope openly, hides a handgun and sometimes carries a rifle after dark.

Personality/History: Determined, resourceful, somewhat sarcastic. Not very respectful of authority in the dreaming world. Good with technology. Leader of her company on account of being the first and able to speak the language like a native. Doesn't feel very confident as a leader though and sometimes feels guilty for pulling others around her in, as she cannot control the dreaming.

Art from this thread: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Quote:

Quote:

Archmage Lada

Reference: [x]

Story: [x]

Art From This Thread: [x][x][x][x][x] [x]

Lada is from a medieval time-period, late 15th century. It is a fantasy world, but with a strong basis in our own medieval history in terms of culture and appearances. She is well-traveled and has lots of wealthy and powerful patrons, so her outfits are incredibly varied. Lada has a lot of disregard for social norms, so she wears both male and female clothing, and sometimes armor if she is accompanying an army.

“Maybe once you dictate the structure of magic itself someone will take you seriously.”

Quote:
Archmage Taeyr

Art From This Thread: [x] [x]

Taeyr is from the same time period as Lada, but lives in the far north among a primitive non-human species. He has a small beard and pale blue-white hair - which he did through magic, it is not natural - and tends to wear not nearly enough clothing for a far northern climate. He also has some primitive/tribal affects, though this is not entirely his preference and is more out of an attempt to blend in with the locals, as well as affect a mystical air about himself.

Quote:

Quote:
Margrave Seist Loringar

Art From This Thread: [x][x]

Seist is a priest of Dues and Frain, the twin god/goddess of magic, and a Margrave of one of the kingdoms of Dragon-Bound. (Margrave is a rank of nobility) He's very outgoing, self-assured, and deeply committed to the people he governs and those that follow his faith. He's also a murderer, as he travels the land and kills any mage that he finds abusing their power. Since the laws of the land and the laws of his deities do not align, he is a wanted man and would be executed if anyone figures out who is behind the deaths. He has ritually scarred his cheeks, just below the eyes, in reverence to the blindness of Frain. He dresses flamboyantly and richly, as he is a noble, rich, and a mage, but he also carries the weapons of an assassin in secret. He flirts like crazy, with both men and women, but has taken a vow of chastity.

Quote:
Exiled Prince Kocerou

Art From This Thread: [x][x][x]

Kocerou is a fae prince. He is reckless, assertive, and now exiled partly because of those traits. He wears a circlet to mark his rank, despite his exile. He has green eyes, long red hair, and pointy ears. He flirts with everyone and unlike Seist, has no vow of chastity to stop him. He's also incredibly arrogant and can be a bit of a thoughtless jerk.

Quote:

Quote:
Mat

Reference: [x][x][x]

Art from this Thread: [x][x][x]

Mat is an old, old character of mine that I'm still fond of. She has the appearance of a child, but is an immortal able to cross between worlds. So go wild with her outfits. Make stuff up.

Shirtless Heckler

This thread is open now.

Hilarious Genius

8,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
I dont think your art is terrible. I like your style. Its... Distinctive.
In a good way, in a good way. Its got a quality to it that is uniquely yours and that I always liked...
Damn it, what is that quality??? I hate it when i cant name something.

Shirtless Heckler

I'm always my own harshest critic. The internet is about the only place I can gripe about my art, as if I do it in real life there are people who threaten to take me out back and beat me.

Literally. I have my fighter's authorization card again.

Hilarious Genius

8,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Whats a fighters authorization card, anyway?

Yeah. you know, its always the good ones that hate their art. the bad ones love theirs.
I think its a good thing, you know? As long as you use that frustration to try to get better. Some people quit and its sad. Too many people with talent quit.
Plus it makes the occasional one that you love even better.

Mmm. I am thinking of doing some art for you btw.
Can never figure out how to price myself though... thats literally the only thing holding me back. That and homework. So that was a lie.
>.>

This actually ties into the critique of ones self, doesnt it. XD

Dangerous Nerd

I wish you well in your life away from gaia, Kiddo. :3 And that you get tons of lovely art for your send off as well.

Blessed Friend

9,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100

Shirtless Heckler

DraconicFeline
Whats a fighters authorization card, anyway?

Yeah. you know, its always the good ones that hate their art. the bad ones love theirs.
I think its a good thing, you know? As long as you use that frustration to try to get better. Some people quit and its sad. Too many people with talent quit.
Plus it makes the occasional one that you love even better.

Mmm. I am thinking of doing some art for you btw.
Can never figure out how to price myself though... thats literally the only thing holding me back. That and homework. So that was a lie.
>.>

This actually ties into the critique of ones self, doesnt it. XD

When you want to fight in the SCA, you have to pass an authorization test to make sure you know what you're doing and won't hurt yourself or anyone else. Without it, you're not allowed to fight. So since I've got one, I'm allowed to fight and my friends will threaten to challenge me to combat if I bad-mouth my art.

You should do some art! I'd love it and throw gold at you!

Hoarder

Hello, would you be interested in buying art from my friend? She needs gold for her quest for Lucky the Cat.

Art Shop

Shirtless Heckler

I Play Foreplay
Hello, would you be interested in buying art from my friend? She needs gold for her quest for Lucky the Cat.

Art Shop

Send her this way, I really want to keep everything in this thread so I don't have to keep track of much.

Smitten Kitten

12,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Hey. x3
I think I'd be pretty interested in drawing your characters, actually! My friend Foreplay posted in here for me. XD He's my stand-in secretary at the moment.
I'll apologize in advance if this is disorganized, and if I ramble. x_x; I'm new to offering my art up, so I tend to try to cover all my bases and that makes me ramble off.

I can't say for certain who I'd end up drawing, but I'm most interested in drawing a Nightshade. My only chibi anthro reference, however.. is uncolored and rather old because I have yet to draw anymore for that character, so it'd be highly experimental.
That can be found here.
My dA and the examples below can be used as guidance of my coloring style though.

My favorite chibi examples in particular though, are here, here and here.

As you see, those're all human, but I'm truly happy to try anything you'd like to throw at me as long as it's not frilly. XD Or I can surprise you, which works even better on my end, in case one person doesn't turn out right.

My prices for animated chibis run for 1 mil (for blinking and minor animations) to 1.6-2m for more detailed (like wagging tails. I'm afraid with my computer at the moment, I'm limited in too much other that I can do.)
If you wanted non-animated, 800k or so is generally what I charge.

If I did draw a Nightshade though, I'd show you the sketch beforehand, then the lineart if it's approved, and if it didn't turn out quite as well as you'd hoped, I won't expect you to pay (unless I'd already lined or colored it -I'd expect at least half of my original price) for any of it.

Now.. there's something else I've been working on, but I've only got one example for it. I'd actually rather take that route if you wanted a human character instead. If you're more interested in that, please let me know and we can discuss it more, including a price for it. (and I can definitely draw males. I prefer it, actually.)

I'm pretty confident in my work, and I refuse to give a commissioner something half-assed (pardon my French.), so if I don't feel good about it, I won't ask you to pay full price, or anything for it.
Please let me know if you're interested! heart

My god, I need to learn not to ramble. Wall of text. OTL

Hilarious Genius

8,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
SCA?

Oh sure. I have a pricing system I'm thinking of...
Like, its worth X number of gold + x per hour i worked on it?

Shirtless Heckler

Tsarkel
Hey. x3
I think I'd be pretty interested in drawing your characters, actually! My friend Foreplay posted in here for me. XD He's my stand-in secretary at the moment.
I'll apologize in advance if this is disorganized, and if I ramble. x_x; I'm new to offering my art up, so I tend to try to cover all my bases and that makes me ramble off.

I can't say for certain who I'd end up drawing, but I'm most interested in drawing a Nightshade. My only chibi anthro reference, however.. is uncolored and rather old because I have yet to draw anymore for that character, so it'd be highly experimental.
That can be found here.
My dA and the examples below can be used as guidance of my coloring style though.

My favorite chibi examples in particular though, are here, here and here.

As you see, those're all human, but I'm truly happy to try anything you'd like to throw at me as long as it's not frilly. XD Or I can surprise you, which works even better on my end, in case one person doesn't turn out right.

My prices for animated chibis run for 1 mil (for blinking and minor animations) to 1.6-2m for more detailed (like wagging tails. I'm afraid with my computer at the moment, I'm limited in too much other that I can do.)
If you wanted non-animated, 800k or so is generally what I charge.

If I did draw a Nightshade though, I'd show you the sketch beforehand, then the lineart if it's approved, and if it didn't turn out quite as well as you'd hoped, I won't expect you to pay (unless I'd already lined or colored it -I'd expect at least half of my original price) for any of it.

Now.. there's something else I've been working on, but I've only got one example for it. I'd actually rather take that route if you wanted a human character instead. If you're more interested in that, please let me know and we can discuss it more, including a price for it. (and I can definitely draw males. I prefer it, actually.)

I'm pretty confident in my work, and I refuse to give a commissioner something half-assed (pardon my French.), so if I don't feel good about it, I won't ask you to pay full price, or anything for it.
Please let me know if you're interested! heart

My god, I need to learn not to ramble. Wall of text. OTL

I am not a big fan of chibi art, but I'm interested in that second style you've got an example of. I didn't want to explicitly disallow chibi art because I figured there'd be some beginner artists that only do chibi. But I am interested in that second style, definitely.

Smitten Kitten

12,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Kiddo Seanchain

Ahhh. I get you completely. I've been wanting to draw non-chibi stuff more anyway. :3
It just seems like the majority of Gaia likes chibi art. xD; Since my headshot thing last night didn't go over well, I decided to do chibis today.

Hmm.. For those.. I was thinking maybe 800k for a portrait? I'm not entirely sure on the prices, seeing as I just finished that yesterday. o .o So I'm also unsure if they'd come out more refined than that, which is a complete possibility, if I end up enjoying the character a lot, I'll do more to it, as simple as that.

For other examples, though non-colored, here's some sketches I've done recently.
[female] [male] [male].

And for more examples of animal art, I do actually have some dragons. o 3o
[Older one that I did in a doctor's office] [headshot that's older.]

Would you care entirely in the end if I just picked someone when I go to draw it and leave it as such? Or would you like me to set a character and let you know first? I believe that's my main thing, since my art style likes some people, but hates others. I can never tell, truly.

Shirtless Heckler

If it's a colored portrait, 800k sounds fine. I looked through your DA gallery and you've got nice coloring. (and I'm trying to fight my tendency to be frugal here, that's not the point of this thread...)

I'll let you pick the character. I need to hurry up and add the last set, they're just complicated to type up. But I'm done with my own painting for tonight, so I should just do that right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff