Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remaking this thread on the account that actually has my gold so I can stop switching accounts
Hello and welcome to my request thread. This is the first time I've ever had OCs that I've wanted to try and actually get art for, so I'm looking to get started with some references. What I'm offering is listed at the bottom of this post, and the characters can be found in the following post.

Before we get into details, here's some things you need to know.

Things you should know:

• If I buy art from you, I expect it to belong to me. That means I expect to be allowed to use it for roleplay, to be allowed to post it on other sites, etc. If there are limitations you place on art you create, please say so at the beginning of our discussion, or I will assume that you have no problems with me using the art however I please, with the obvious exclusions being that I won't claim credit for it or try to republish or sell it for gain.
  • Please don't link me to bribe shops. If you don't know what your art is worth, I'm not going to sit here and try and figure it out for you. If you're in my thread, you can see my characters--please just tell me how much it's going to cost me.
  • If I buy art from you, I will send you a trade with the gold we've agreed on. I will not accept that trade until I've received the art. Please do not start on any art until we've come to an agreement and that trade has been sent.
  • If I could afford to pay real money for art, I wouldn't be offering site currency. Please don't ask me to pay cash for any art.
  • I'd appreciate it if you don't link me to a thread that I can't actually buy art from. Like, I don't want to have to wait three days for a spot to open, if possible.
  • These characters are new, and their references are still pretty sparse. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Current Funds: 700k + Items
Items I have to Offer:
Tops
Hats
Bottoms
Shoes
Accessories
Items

Nicolai Black

A quick background of Nicolai and Morgana
Once upon a time, a great civilization grew so advanced that to this day, there has yet to be a single other achievement that can challenge how far they came. This civilization was known as Atlantis, and it's people were highly intelligent, granted numerous gifts from their loving and watchful gods, and for a long time seemed poised to take on the entire world and transform it in their image.
These people worshiped a pantheon of powerful gods that made up a court centered around their twin rulers. However, with the atlantean people so close to taking over completely, the prominent ancient gods of the time banded together for the first and only time in history and used a mix of trickery and force to destroy Atlantis and her people, sending the entire thing into the depths of the ocean.
With their worshipers gone, the atlantean gods found themselves with limited powers that dwindled further as time passed and even their memory was forgotten into history. As gods, their powers relied entirely upon belief--and as they were forgotten, many simply faded into nothingness.
In the modern world, what few survivors still exist are those who were the most powerful and well known, the ones whose temples have been found and mistaken for those of a Greek god, or those whose relics are on display in museums or are being researched. Their powers are vastly decreased and they are very little more than relics themselves in a world that has outgrown them.

Character Specific Background and Movies

Nicolai was once the primary god of the Atlantean pantheon. He represented the sun and great powers of creation--in the stories, his sister would reign destruction on their enemies and he would create from the ashes of the foes defeated, giving rise to new cities, lands, and people. He was the god who would be prayed to for healing and general growth. After the fall of his people and the drastic loss of his powers, Nicolai's powers have been decimated. He holds onto his immortality until the day he is truly forgotten, but otherwise his powers consist of control of fire and basic healing on a level that is proportional to the number of believers and followers he has collected at the current time.
Nico spends most of his time traveling and seeking out new followers using a small number of methods. For instance, he can use a verbal wish made in his presence as a catalyst to access some of the powers long lost from him otherwise, in order to grant the wish that was made. He's known in the supernatural community as a sort of deal maker, who will happily grant any wish in his power to grant in exchange for something like worship, a promise to raise children with knowledge of him, or any other sort of trinket or whim he happens to decide is worth trading for.
In the case of worship, he has been known to accept ceremonies in his honor, sacrifices, or physical worship of a carnal nature. Often, he'll promise to grant a wish and have the other person think it's a joke--until it suddenly comes true, and they find him calling on them some years later for what he's been promised.

References:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Appearance Key Notes: Long blond hair, reference below. Vivid blue eyes. Slender, olive skinned, toned. Wears a vest that goes down to his knees, two main designs, and long black pants--no shoes.
Personality Key Notes: Arrogant, smug, somewhat callous. Initially charming, warm, but extreme lack of empathy.

Basic Character Information
Name: Nicolai Black
Age: Ageless. Appearance would put him around early/mid 20s.
Race: Deity. In terms of appearance/human race, he'd be considered white.
Basic Personality: Confident to a point of arrogance, smug, blunt and honest. Can be considered cruel. Lacks empathy for humans and views them mostly as pets or toys, rather than as sentient beings--thus, holds little respect for their lives, both in the sense that he doesn't care very much if they die, and in the sense that he expects them to view him as their number one priority, and won't hear any excuses why they can't do what he wants. He does shower his followers with gifts and affection when he thinks they're behaving, but can be very condescending and cruel otherwise. For instance, in a post apocalyptic world where followers and humans in general are scarce, he wouldn't see a problem with kidnapping humans and keeping them in pits to treat like pets, no matter what it means for them, so long as he could use them like living batteries to keep himself from fading. He can actually come off as very charming, happy, and easy going--until the point at which most people have already made a bargain with him and it's too late to try and get away.
Powers: Depending on his follower count, Nicolai's powers can vary. He can be drawn as having any varying control over fire, he can be drawn as having varying levels of healing powers, and he can grant some kinds of wishes. Generally, those wishes can only be those that would require creation--he can grant youth, small powers, wealth, etc, but he can't provide any type of killing powers, he can't kill your enemy, or destroy a building, etc.

Appearance
Hair: This is a quick reference I found online that I love. Hopefully that helps. Basically, it's blonde and long in the back, hitting between mid and upper back. It should come just below his shoulder blades. The bangs are shorter, just below the chin, and frame the face. His hair is usually worn loose or bound at the nape of his neck with a black cord into a ponytail, with his bangs otherwise loose.
Eyes: His eyes should be typical in shape for a Caucasian man, and they should be the color of extremely hot fire, that lovely blue shade. They should glow slightly when he's using any of his powers. I found this quick reference online for what I mean
Skin: His skin is olive. I'm referencing the color on this chart. His lips would be natural--maybe dark apricot on that same chart? At the height of his powers, if he can access his full abilities, his skin swirls gold the way that ink swirls in water until his skin gleams like molten metal. His eyes glow at the same point--this would only come to play in a piece of art of Nicolai before his people were destroyed.
Height: 6'6"
Build: Lithe, toned, relatively slender.
Basic Clothing: (AKA let me show you my really shitty drawings skills)
His basic outfit consists of a long, sleeveless vest worn open and a pair of black pants. He never wears shoes.
Accessories - of golden bracelets and/or bangles on his wrists (3 each), one golden armlet on the right side, and a gold medallion with a simple sun design worn on a black cord around his neck, in addition to a black cord holding his hair back if it's not being worn loose.
The Vest - He alternates between two versions, a colorful version and a formal version. In both cases, the vest is completely open and handing off his shoulders, not buttoned. They both come to just above his knees.
Colorful - The ceremonial design has white fabric as a base, with an elaborate pattern starting at the bottom hem consisting of a sunset/sunrise pattern with white clouds. The vest is white at the top and slowly starts to fade into the sunset at about the bottom of his ribs. This could work as a reference for colors, but as long as it's recognizable as something like a sunset or sunrise, it works for me. There is also a basic swirling pattern in gold thread that is embroidered along the inside edges.
Formal - the normal design also has white fabirc as a base, and embroidery in gold thread. The is a simple swirling pattern that goes up the hem on the inside, as seen in the references, that continues around the collar in the back. It also has a dot pattern alternating with the swirls that continues along the hem, also in gold. The back of the vest has a simple sun design that mostly utilizes gold thread, but may also have some darker yellows to give it a better look overall.
The Pants - the pants should be black, and slung low on his hips--usually the V of his lower abdomen is visible, but nothing else. They're long and loose, and may cling to his skin if wet. They cover the tops of his feet. They're undecorated. basic reference

Morgana Powers

A quick background of Nicolai and Morgana
Once upon a time, a great civilization grew so advanced that to this day, there has yet to be a single other achievement that can challenge how far they came. This civilization was known as Atlantis, and it's people were highly intelligent, granted numerous gifts from their loving and watchful gods, and for a long time seemed poised to take on the entire world and transform it in their image.
These people worshiped a pantheon of powerful gods that made up a court centered around their twin rulers. However, with the atlantean people so close to taking over completely, the prominent ancient gods of the time banded together for the first and only time in history and used a mix of trickery and force to destroy Atlantis and her people, sending the entire thing into the depths of the ocean.
With their worshipers gone, the atlantean gods found themselves with limited powers that dwindled further as time passed and even their memory was forgotten into history. As gods, their powers relied entirely upon belief--and as they were forgotten, many simply faded into nothingness.
In the modern world, what few survivors still exist are those who were the most powerful and well known, the ones whose temples have been found and mistaken for those of a Greek god, or those whose relics are on display in museums or are being researched. Their powers are vastly decreased and they are very little more than relics themselves in a world that has outgrown them.

Character Specific Background and Movies

Morgana was once the primary god of the Atlantean pantheon. She represented the moon and had great powers of destruction--in her mythology, she was known for reigning chaos and terror upon the enemies of her follower. Her followers prayed for her for the power to destroy their enemies, for revenge, and for protection. After the fall of her people and the drastic loss of her powers, Morgana has been left with her immortality until she is forgotten, as well as basic control of water and enhanced physical strength. The level of her powers varies proportional to the followers she has collected.
While her brother travels seeking new and unique followers, Morgana survives by building up a power base. She runs a tavern of sorts that is known in the supernatural community as a neutral ground. All are welcome in her tavern, but any fighting is outlawed on her grounds--making it a perfect place for warring sides to meet and negotiate. The supernatural side is usually kept hidden, and humans are welcome in the tavern as well. Morgana has been known to take in homeless and needy humans as special followers who power her and also help her to run her tavern. Over the years, she's made many friends in the supernatural community, and many of them also keep rooms within her walls, and are willing to give their protection and power to uphold her rules and keep the tavern neutral and safe.
When it comes to worship, Morgana will accept from her followers any ceremonies in her honor, sacrifices (particularly those of a bloody nature), or physical worship of a labor or carnal nature.

References:User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Appearance Key Notes: Very pale, very long, straight black hair, bangs to her chest. Eyes should pale blue, almost white. Curvy, wide hips.
Attitude Key Notes: cold, calculating, confident, manipulative.

Name: Morgana Powers
Age: Ageless. Appearance would put her around early/mid 20s.
Race: Deity. In terms of appearance/human race, she'd be considered white.
Basic Personality: Cold and confident, with a very calculating mentality. While her brother wears his motives and emotions on his sleeve, Morgana is far more likely to hold her cards to her chest until the last minute. She sees humans as servants of sorts, or parties with which she can enter into business propositions, but otherwise rarely cares about them beyond their use as batteries of sorts. She's unapologetically manipulative, and more than willing to pretend to care if it will benefit her. She takes in the homeless and needy because they are easy to control and placate, for instance, not because she actually feels any sort of empathy for them. At best, she may feel pity for humans--but at the end of the day, they are factually lesser than her and she doesn't question that. This does affect the way that she views other supernaturals--those who were once human are lesser in her eyes than others. If she's coming off as charming or warm, that's probably because she's pretending and you aren't paying enough attention. You don't have to like her to believe in her--fear works just as well, sometimes better.

Powers: Depending on her follower count, Morgana's powers can vary. She can be drawn as having any varying control over water, she has enhanced strength even for a goddess, and she can technically grant some kinds of wishes, although she's much harder to barter with than her brother. The wishes that Morgana can be convinced to grant tend to be things like powers to kill, revenge, general destruction and chaos, etc. She can't grant you the power to heal, and she can't make you immortal--you barter with Morgana when you want someone dead or wishing they were dead, or for powerful protection of an offensive nature.

Appearance
Hair: Long and straight, falling past her butt in length, and ink black. Her bangs are shorter, brushing over her chest and falling to the sides of her face. She typically wears her hair loose, in a bun, or in a single braid with her bangs loose.
Eyes: Normal round shape for a Caucasian woman. The color is a blue that's so pale it's almost pure white. When she uses her powers, her eyes glow and the blue color becomes more pronounced.
Skin: Her skin is pure, pale white, milky and unmarked. Her lips are a very pale pink. At the height of her powers, if she can access his full abilities, her skin swirls silver the way that ink swirls in water until her skin gleams like molten metal. Her eyes glow at the same point--this would only come to play in a piece of art of Morgana before her people were destroyed.
Height: 6'3"
Build: Very curvy, with a thick hourglass figure, wide hips, and an ample chest--not excessive, somewhere between a C and D cup. She is -not- slender or thin.
Basic Clothing: Unlike Nicolai who is known for wearing a set outfit, due to the fact that he spends a lot of time traveling, Morgana has a more extensive wardrobe. She tends to lean towards long, full length robes and gowns. She's likely to wear fabrics that are blue or black, with blue, black, or silver accents. In terms of art, feel free to place her in a very simple robe blue robe, as seen in some provided references. I would also love to see her in a version of Nicolai's formal vest, as seen here, done as a floor length robe instead of a long vest. This would be black fabric, with the embroidery in silver thread instead of Nicolai's white and gold design--they are, after all, opposite sides of the same coin. Her back design would have a cresent moon instead of a large sun.

Meredith 'Merry' Weaver

References:
User Image <--Basic Starting Reference, made on SyndroneOnline. Details about clothing found below.
Finished Art 1

Name: Meredith Weaver, called Merry
Race: Caucasian
Current Occupation: Pokemon Trainer
Ambitions: To become a pokemon breeder, like her dad.
Basic Personality: Confident, generally friendly in a cursory sort of way, and polite. She's willing to help you if you seem like you need the help, and she's a great resource in that sense, but she doesn't bond easily with other people and isn't likely to take them into account when she's planning things, beyond making sure she isn't bothering anyone else. She's much more interested in pokemon, and is happier surrounded by her team than she is with most people. She's more likely to bond with you and consider you a friend of sorts if you're a breeder or trainer and you bond over pokemon talk.
She's practical, and can be affectionate to the few people she does tend to trust, as well as to her team. She finds it hard to make herself trust other people with anything important, and because of that tends to be pretty self reliant. She has a dominant personality, and likes to take charge of situations.
Basic Background:
Merry is from the Kalos region. Her mother is a research aid of professor Sycamore's, and her father is a breeder. She grew up in a home across the river from route 7, close enough for her mother to travel to work and far enough from most people for her father to run a thriving breeding business. He mostly breeds starters for new trainers, as well as others for research, and it was on a delivery he made to Sycamore when he was younger that her parents originally met. She's been learning from her father since she was young, and wants to be a breeder just like him.
Meredith got her first pokemon when she was much younger than was technically legal, a Klefki that hatched when she was helping her father. It was the first egg she'd ever seen hatch, and they bonded almost instantly. Her father was technically it's owner until she turned ten, but her Klefki has been with her since she was six, and it's been her best friend. She was given a starter from her father when she turned ten, a froakie, and the three of them spent the next four years bonding and learning with her father instead of travelling, occasionally training in the wilderness near her home.
Meredith left home when she was fourteen to travel out of a desire to see new pokemon and places. Since then, she's caught a number of pokemon, many of which she sends home to her parents to spoil and study. She's traveled to all known lands so far, and occasionally challenged some gyms, but since she doesn't have an interest in being a champion or pokemon 'master', as such, she's never really taken it seriously--instead of a full set of badges, she has 2-4 from each region that she got for fun and never really bothered with afterwards.
Her favorite badge, though, is from the dragon gym in Johto. The gym leader there hadn't seen a Klefki before, and had drastically underestimated her pokemon.

Team:
Male Calm Prankster Klefki - This pokemon never leaves her team, and frequently travels outside of the pokeball, usually on her shoulder, under her hair, or in her pocket. He's very protective of her, and affectionate, and is her best friend. He frequently sleeps on her pillow.
Male Timid Protean Greninja - This pokemon also never leaves her team. He's fine being in a pokeball, but occasionally travels outside as well and likes to hang around when she's set up camp. He's affectionate and proud, and likes to show off. He's quick to react to any threats to Merry, and is just as protective as Klefki.
Male Jolly Inner Focus Lucario - This pokemon rarely leaves her team. He doesn't mind being in the pokeball, but he's equally happy wandering with her. He's friendly and curious, and usually pretty quiet. He enjoys battling, and is very close to Merry. When he was a Riolu, when not in his pokeball, he used to cling to her legs and sleep pressed against her back.
Female Modest Trace Gardevoir - This pokemon rarely leaves her team. She's quiet, peaceful, and generally friendly, but packs a punch when she ends up in a battle. As a Ralts, she used to be very close to Merry, and used to curl up against her stomach when sleeping outside of her pokeball. She took longer to evolve than the rest of Merry's Pokemon, and most of the others are as protective of her as they are of Merry.
Female Jolly Chlorophyll Leafeon - This pokemon occasionally leaves her team, and spends time at home with her parents. She's a very friendly, curious pokemon who likes to be involved in the action, and is perfectly happy curling up at Merry's feet or in her lap. She's particularly friendly with Lucario, and the two work well together in battle. She was raised and evolved from an Eevee.
Female Modest Flash Fire Chandelure - This pokemon rarely leaves her team. She's a very quiet, solemn pokemon that is perfectly content to spend time inside a pokeball, and absolutely loves to battle. Klefki and Chandelure get along the best. This pokemon was raised from a Litwick.

Appearance
Hair: Straight, sleek, and black. Usually held in a high ponytail, reaches mid back when loose. Her bangs come down to her chin, and are usually tucked behind her ears with only a few strands loose.
Eyes: Pale, almost white grey. No color.
Skin: White, slightly tanned from being in the sun.
Height: 5' 6"
Build: Slender, boyish, petite.
Basic Clothing: Black bra/panties, with a tiny bow.
Shoulder baring shirt, long sleeved, in red.
Black loose cargo pants, covering her feet.
A trenchcoat that flares at the waist, and has lots of pockets, in black.
A shoulder slung messenger bag, black, with a pokeball design on the front.
A white belt, and hanging suspenders.
Black and red boots.
White and black goggles worn over her head, used when in harsh weather conditions, water, etc.
A choker necklace with a pokeball hanging from it.

Bump. Morgana has been added.
Updated with some new references.
Completely willing to trade items and stuff too, guys. q.q

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out