Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Tambolwiig

hi there :3c

this is what I have so far. it's around 560 words, just wanted to check that you're okay with the plot/characters/etc so far ; w ;

“It’s time,” Noah says.

“Nnngragh,” Alumno replies.

“Don’t give me that,” the older man grumbles, rolling up his sleeves. “This is your last chance,” he warns, crouching.

Alumno reaches out from under the covers and flips him the bird.

Instantly, Noah’s cold hands are on his ankles. Despite Alumno’s best efforts to cling to the headboard, Noah easily wins the fight and Alumno finds himself staring up at the ceiling, half-asleep, half-naked, and full-annoyed. A shirt lands on his face and Noah steps over him delicately. “Get dressed,” his vocals partner says, “we’ve got a long day ahead of us.”

Alumno obliges grumpily. “Explain to me again why we have to spend our day off doing…what are we even doing?”

“We are,” Noah sighs, “going to teach you to play an instrument. Your shirt is on inside out.”

“And why are we doing that? We don’t need new instruments for the band; besides, my voice is my instrument.”

“Because you’re a musician, dude, and I feel like you should be able to at least play a scale properly on something.”

“I can do a scale with my voicebox—“

“Nah, bro,” Noah grabs his friend’s arm and hoists him to his feet, staring him in the eye for a few moments. Deadpan, he adds, “Besides, I refuse to believe that you can suck a** at everything. Let’s go.”

Alumno barely has time to register the half-insult, half-compliment before he’s dragged out the door.

---

Jason raises an eyebrow at the two men at his doorstep. He shuffles his bare feet on the floor and deems this situation worthy of comment: “You what?” he asks.

“We want you to teach Alumno an instrument,” Noah repeats. “You play so many things; just go through them one by one until you find one that he isn’t terrible at. And he’s got a great voice, so maybe he’ll be a natural at something else.”

“I still don’t understand why I need to—“

Noah cuts Alumno off mid-splutter, “I’ll buy you a pizza. A large, extra meat!”

Jason looks from Noah to Alumno, then back. “Make it two,” he finally decides.

“You got it, bud,” Noah exclaims, shoving past him with a reluctant Alumno in tow.

---

“You don’t have to look like you’re dying, you know,” Noah comments, flapping his hand in the air. He’s seated backwards on a chair, leaning over the back, a cigarette dangling from his lips. “I’m trying to do you a favor here. Remember, you once said you’d always wanted to learn the piano.”

“I said no such thing,” Alumno mutters, poking at the keyboard timidly. A beat later, “Probably not, anyway.”

Noah crosses his arms over the back of the chair and lays his head across them, looking up at Alumno contemplatively. “Typical,” he concludes, turning to Jason, who is happily extracting his first slice of pizza, a long cheese trail dangling from the air.

Alumno sighs as Jason silently moves beside him, mouth full of cheese and pepperoni. With a single finger, Jason slowly plinks out a C major scale. Alumno mimics it easily, pecking at the keys with his pointer finger. Meanwhile, Jason inhales the rest of the slice of pizza, then plays out the scale with one hand, fingers crossing over one another smoothly.

Somehow, Alumno manages to get his fingers tangled after the third note.

sachi desu
holy shnits they are adorable jhfkas * q */ I love it so far; how Alumno is all stubborn and dorky and Noah being such a pushover x) Also how you included those musical terms such as the scales, thank you so very much for that. I love it. I love you. haha. I'm very excited for the rest of the story! (:

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Tambolwiig

hahaha well i played piano for around 15 years so i know some stuff :3c
glad you like it! i'll finish it up and do some editing and have another draft for you to read soon!
sachi, ahh so that is why! (the fact that you draw/write/play music is amazing)
aaaa yes, thank you again im so looking forward to it!

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Tambolwiig

1200-ish, went a bit over (as I usually do hahaha). Let me know what you think! I think I made Alumno a bit more angsty/bitchy than he should be but idk it was fun to write haha

“It’s time,” Noah says.

“Nnngragh,” Alumno replies.

“Don’t give me that,” the older man grumbles, rolling up his sleeves. “This is your last chance,” he warns, crouching by the bed.

Alumno reaches out from under the covers and flips him the bird.

Instantly, Noah’s cold hands are on his ankles. Despite Alumno’s best efforts to cling to the headboard, Noah easily wins the fight and Alumno finds himself out of his bed, staring up at the ceiling, half-asleep, half-naked, and full-annoyed. A shirt lands on his face and Noah steps over him delicately. “Get dressed,” his vocals partner says, “we’ve got a long day ahead of us.”

Alumno obliges grumpily. “Explain to me again why we have to spend our day off doing…what are we even doing?”

“We are,” Noah sighs, “going to teach you to play an instrument. Your shirt is on inside out.”

“And why are we doing that? We don’t need new instruments for the band; besides, my voice is my instrument.”

“Because you’re a musician, dude, and I feel like you should be able to at least play a scale properly on something.”

“I can do a scale with my voicebox—“

“Nah, bro,” Noah grabs his friend’s arm and hoists him to his feet, staring him in the eye for a few moments. Deadpan, he adds, “Besides, I refuse to believe that you can suck a** at everything. Let’s go.”

Alumno barely has time to register the half-insult, half-compliment before he’s dragged out the door.

---

Jason raises an eyebrow at the two men at his doorstep. He shuffles his bare feet on the floor and deems this situation worthy of comment: “You what?” he asks.

“We want you to teach Alumno an instrument,” Noah repeats. “You play so many things; just go through them one by one until you find one that he isn’t terrible at. And he’s got a great voice, so maybe he’ll be a natural at something else.”

“I still don’t understand why I need to—“

Noah cuts Alumno off mid-splutter, “I’ll buy you a pizza. A large, extra meat!”

Jason looks from Noah to Alumno, then back. “Make it two,” he finally decides.

“You got it, bud,” Noah exclaims, shoving past him with a reluctant Alumno in tow.

---

“You don’t have to look like you’re dying, you know,” Noah comments, flapping his hand in the air. He’s seated backwards on a chair, leaning over the back, a cigarette dangling from his lips. “I’m trying to do you a favor here. Remember, you once said you’d always wanted to learn the piano.”

“I said no such thing,” Alumno mutters, poking at the keyboard timidly. A beat later, “Probably not, anyway.”

Noah crosses his arms over the back of the chair and lays his head across them, looking up at Alumno contemplatively. “Typical,” he concludes, turning to Jason, who is happily extracting his first slice of pizza, a long cheese trail dangling from the air.

Alumno sighs as Jason silently moves beside him and slowly plinks out a C major scale with a single finger. He sings the key name out through a mouth full of cheese and pepperoni as he plays, C, D, E, F, G, A, B, C, as if that will somehow help his hapless student (for the record, it doesn’t). Alumno mimics it easily, pecking cautiously at the keys as if they burn him with every touch. Meanwhile, Jason inhales the rest of the slice of pizza then plays out a few octaves of the scale with one hand, fingers crossing over one another smoothly.

Somehow, Alumno manages to get his fingers tangled after the third note. It takes him four attempts to complete Jason’s second lesson, stumbling along the keys like a newborn animal. Apparently satisfied with this underwhelming performance, his teacher adds in his left hand and effortlessly plays out the scale, up and back down again. It takes Alumno a good ten minutes to get his hands coordinated enough to play the ascending scale and another fifteen to do the descending. “This is hopeless,” he complains.

Jason, on his fourth slice of pizza, ignores him and starts on some chord progression.

“Aw, hell no,” Alumno groans, squinting his eyes and trying to remember exactly where Jason’s fingers had been seconds ago. His attempt is so terrible it makes Jason wince, and Noah, who had been quietly observing from the corner of the room, audibly giggle-snort into his soda.

Alumno throws his hands up in the air. “I’m telling you, I can’t play the piano. It’s the first instrument I tried and my teacher fired me. I didn’t even know they could do that.”

Noah glances around the room, cramming a pizza crust down his throat—resentfully, Alumno realizes that he still hasn’t had anything to eat today and reaches for a slice, but Noah slaps at his hand. “None until you finish learning an instrument!”

Indignantly, Alumno pipes up, “I’ll probably die of hunger before I learn—“, but Noah’s ignoring him and motioning at a set of drums that probably belong to Beets. “Try those,” Noah suggests, opening the second pizza box cheerfully.

Jason plays a simple four-four rhythm on the snare, then makes room for Alumno on the seat. Alumno mangles the four-four into something more akin to a seven-four. Oh, and he drops a drumstick halfway through. Then, half an hour later, when Jason tries to make him add hi-hat, Alumno somehow kicks over the bass drum.

“Are you sure you’re not doing this on purpose?” Noah asks teasingly.

“No,” Alumno huffs, red with indignation, “just ask Beets. He also tried to teach me drums once.”

Jason suppresses a giggle.

---

Another pizza box later and Alumno still hasn’t gotten to eat, goddammit, and he’s also learned that he’s hopeless at the xylophone (“Even kindergartners can play that s**t better than you, dude,” Noah had remarked incredulously). “Just give it up,” he huffs at his friends, curling up in a ball on the floor. “I told you, I really am a musical failure. The only reason I can sing is because someone felt sorry for me and slipped a little talent into me while God wasn’t looking.”

The angsty, spiteful tone he was looking for is somewhat ruined when Alumno’s stomach chooses this exact moment to gurgle pitifully in hunger. God, he can’t even complain properly.

There’s a tap on his shoulder, and for a brief, blissful moment, Alumno thinks it might be food, but no—it’s just Noah holding out a triangle with a huge grin on his face.

“Okay, now that’s just insulting—“

“The brick walls are there for a reason,” Jason interrupts softly, staring off into space upside down on a piano bench.

“What wa—“

“The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something, because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.” Jason’s eyes lazily roll in Alumno’s direction then close. "Randy Pausch."

Alumno stares at his friend for one-two-three-four beats, and then grabs the triangle out of Noah’s hand. He dings it once.

It sounds beautiful.
sachi desu

sghjfuuuhh saachhii ///
it's amazing i was laughing and smiling the entire time, my cheeks hurt haha
and it's fine! I also had this thing in my head that Alumno's like that especially when he's hungry. I love that you totally captured that part.
It's so cute that he's so hopeless and he's still somehow trying but just couldn't do it. And Jason just seems to follow around Noah's orders wordlessly. ubgugu i enjoyed it so much you have no idea x) Thank you so much!

Im also glad that you had fun writing it! Do you mind if I ever turn this into a comic sometime in the future? Credits goes to you. :3

PS.
pls have this birdy bird
User Image

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Tambolwiig

agheawigaewg rly ; 7;
i'm so glad i got them down properly!!

jason is my fav char srsly i fell in love with him the instant i saw that group picture of them and they're all sitting together smiling and he's just upside down i can't

i'd be so honored if you ever turned it into a comic! i'd totally want to see :3c <3

and faegiaewhgaew /flails
that cheep amg * 7 *

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas