Welcome to Gaia! ::

A poll.

Just Because. 1 100.0% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 11 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Okay all you artists out there on Gaia, let's talk business shall we? I'll be nice and simple here, I'm looking for art, and to be more exact, I'm looking for art of a furry character- -an avian to boot. I'm willing to pay obviously, or I wouldn't be here, but I have a couple rules for this just to keep things nice and smooth.

So now, before you ask, on top of real money and gold, I also have a couple of games on Steam that I have kicking around that I'd be more than willing to trade for art, provided they are of interest to you. In addition, if there is any particular game or games you want, I may be willing to purchase them to trade with.

All the same! If you'd like to add me, my steam name is Plumage and/or Phraxis depending on which is easier to find me under.
What I'm looking for.

Okay, so not to make anything else here seem less important, but this is Indeed the most important part of the request: the request itself.

If the name has you curious, it's simply because my psuedo-Fursona (Don't ask unless it really bothers you) has not aged the same way I have. Sure, there are similarities, but I've decided to completely rework the character and make him into something truly of my own. Of course, this also means I don't have any real refs for you to go off, so you'd be completely on your own for this one for the first few commissions, but I have trust in all you fine artists out there. So, without any further delay, I give you Plumage...who you may also call Nassor.

The Character
Name: Nassor/Plumage
Sex: Male.
Species: Egyptian Vulture.Example and Another
Height: Six Foot even
References: Just one
Build/physical Description: Nassor is not incredibly well built to match his height, and if anything, he can be described more on the leaner side, though will still enough tone to his muscles to add a bit of visibility to it. His shoulders are not particularly broad, and he has no wings on his back, but instead, for stylistic reasons, I have merged them with his arms, which should end in talon-hands, just as his feet do, albeit with feet.. However, the undersides of his arms should have little feather "Ridges" or (Very) mini wings if you will. His face is usual for avian fair, and thus set with a beak and narrow angles, as well as a pair dark brown vulture eyes.
Feather/scale/beak coloration: Fortunately for you, there is nothing too special about his coloration. If you see the pictures of the species I posted up there, well, you have an idea what it should look like. Overall, his plumage is a stark white, though along the undersides of his arms, where the ridges are, he has his black flight feathers. His talons are a fleshy sort of off-white, stark enough to stand out against his feathers, and most importantly his beak is a vibrant orange and tipped with black.
Personality: Nassor is a clever bird, with his own interests always on his mind. He is not much for direct engagements, or showiness, or anything of the sort. Instead, he prides himself on quick thinking and loves to have the chance to use his abilities to get himself out of a mess. He prefers to avoid direct social situations, but he is adapt at playing whatever role is required of him to get the most gain from it, from the the cruel thug to the polite gentleman, they're all but faces he can wear.
Clothing: Well, Nassor dresses fairly simple except for- -A twist, whaaa?

The Twist
Yeah, that's right you heard me, I hadn't planned to detail everything out for you, and thus, this is where you all get to use some of that artistic freedom I love to let you have. I want you to design his outfit, and trust me, I'm giving you a lot of room to experiment with this one and take it in just about direction you want. I'm even letting you pick what time period you want to put him in, but before you start, you do need to know a little about his trade.

He's a cunning rogue
Yes, his particular talent is subterfuge, assassination, and sabotage, as well as good old information gathering. He isn't like your typical Eizo assassin or bond style gentleman, but he does have his own talents, and he does love his job. His specialty is disguises, and before you are so confused as I was when I first started thinking on the concept, let me explain. You see, obviously he can't disguse as people in a furry world being that he is a bird, and not everyone else is a bird. There is only so much one can do to be convincing there; however, he can disguise as other birds, and in that, he can change what species of bird he is very effectively, so that the Egyptian vulture is just as easily an eagle or some other sort of feathered creature, and in such, it is very hard to track him down. Naturally that means many of his talents relate to social stealth, blending in until he has to make his move, and then dropping into some disguise to blend right away. His outfit should reflect this need, and while still distinguishing, should be easy to alter or remove should he need to. In addition, utility does come into mind, and he does need something large enough to carry the necessary supplies while not making himself stick out like a sore thumb. So, with that in mind, have at it.
Order Form

Please fill this out and either post or PM it to me so I can easily review what you're offering.

[b][size=15][align=center][color=blue]HEY![/color][/align][/size][/b]
[b]Username:[/b] ((Simple Enough))
[b]Samples:[/b] ((Post a couple samples here, or a gallery, don't like to your art shop or something))
[b]What I'm offering:[/b] ((Fullbody, color, sketches, etc, list what all you can do))
[b]Real Life or Gold:[/b] ((List one of the two, or both. Note, if you're asking for Real Life commissions, you must contact me at my FA: Luthor_plumage, or my email, which I'll send on request))
[b]Pricing:[/b] ((Just a quick overview of the general range I can expect to pay for your art))
[b]How about a teaser?:[/b] ((Special little slot for you to post what sort of idea you might have had for his outfit, since that is part of the request. Doesn't have to be complex, could even be just a single word from the time period to a keyword, just lets me know you do have some idea or at least have interest in coming up with one))
[b]Links:[/b] ((Put your art shop, DA, FA, or whatever other site you have here, please.))

HEY!

Username: ((Simple Enough))
Samples: ((Post a couple samples here, or a gallery, don't like to your art shop or something))
What I'm offering: ((Fullbody, color, sketches, etc, list what all you can do))
Real Life or Gold: ((List one of the two, or both. Note, if you're asking for Real Life commissions, you must contact me at my FA: Luthor_plumage, or my email, which I'll send on request))
Pricing: ((Just a quick overview of the general range I can expect to pay for your art))
How about a teaser?: ((Special little slot for you to post what sort of idea you might have had for his outfit, since that is part of the request. Doesn't have to be complex, could even be just a single word from the time period to a keyword, just lets me know you do have some idea or at least have interest in coming up with one))
Links: ((Put your art shop, DA, FA, or whatever other site you have here, please.))

Commissions in progress.

This is more for me than you, I'll just be tracking the progress and such here.
Art Recieved

Denba-kun @ DA
Feena95 @ DA

Freebies

Another spot for those kind enough to draw him for free :>
Things I want

Ref sheets
Pictures that include your characters.
More outfits!

What I'm still offering
Gold.
Money
Dead Island (Steam)
Audiosurf (Steam)
Killing Floor (Steam)
Certain games if requested (Steam)
And that should be all finished for now, rough, but finished.
HEY!

Username: Walpurgis Night
Samples: DA
What I'm offering: Commission info
Real Life or Gold: Real life.
Pricing: Clicky!
How about a teaser?: Sherlock Holmes. 8D
Links:DA gallery
Walpurgis Night
---

Would you happen to have any furry samples for me to view? I couldn't find any in your gallery I'm afraid ><
[-Generic-Name-]
Walpurgis Night
---

Would you happen to have any furry samples for me to view? I couldn't find any in your gallery I'm afraid ><

Weeelll..that's the thing..I'm trying to find anthro requests so I can have samples. sweatdrop
Walpurgis Night
[-Generic-Name-]
Walpurgis Night
---

Weeelll..that's the thing..I'm trying to anthro request so I can have samples. sweatdrop

Ah, well, perhaps you could sketh up something quick and rough for me to view? Anything furry really, and then we'll see, just don't want to take a shot in dark if real life money is involved, even with very reasonable prices :>
animated avatar?
wish to have one visit my shop :-

ll> Animated Avatar Shop <ll
Not what I was looking for at all?

Yeah, pretty much.

Thanks for the offer though.
[-Generic-Name-]
Walpurgis Night
[-Generic-Name-]
Walpurgis Night
---

Weeelll..that's the thing..I'm trying to anthro request so I can have samples. sweatdrop

Ah, well, perhaps you could sketh up something quick and rough for me to view? Anything furry really, and then we'll see, just don't want to take a shot in dark if real life money is involved, even with very reasonable prices :>

Click! :3
Sketch I made recently/ biggrin
Walpurgis Night
[-Generic-Name-]
Walpurgis Night
[-Generic-Name-]
Walpurgis Night
---

Click! :3
Sketch I made recently/ biggrin

Interesting. Well, I'll go ahead and give you a go :>

How does a fullbody color pencil shot sound?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff