Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Hello! I'm looking for some art of Lee Jheon, an OC based on a character I created for Dungeons and Dragons. She's a human monk, in case that means anything to anyone!~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I haven't gotten any art of her yet, although I've been researching the history of Eurasian nomads, culture, and similar things like mad to get the creative juices flowing. I've been writing about her lately and using her in roleplays online, but since my drawing skills just aren't up to par with my words...I've decided to outsource on that front.

If you're looking for a commission that gives you a lot of artistic freedom with the design (especially of the clothes), this is the commission for you!

I am most certainly interested in RL commissions, in fact that's more what I'm looking for. This means I'll be a little picky with who I choose, but I'm also very willing (and excited) to pay a fair amount for high quality/unique art. As a general rule, I prefer non-anime styles, quirky art, things that you just don't see every day on this site.

For non IRL-commissions, I have only about 100k to offer as well as art trades. sample | sample | sample | sample Freebies are, naturally, always welcome and I will tip.~

Now onto the character!

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Some quick and easy facts! Lee is
☸ a fairly young (older than 18, younger than 23) Asian woman
☸ short (just over 5 feet)
☸ built like a slim gymast
☸ long, dark, straight hair either in a braid or ponytail, never in her face
☸ usually quiet but blunt when she's moved to talk
☸ prone to sarcasm when frustrated, short fuse with casual acquaintances
☸ genuinely believes in a general higher power - she is strongly spiritual with exact practices she follows for prayer, worship and meditation

As I mentioned, no drawn refs yet, but here is another image of the played-by I've used for her so far: The actress' name is Jamie Chung if you want to google for more images of her to draw inspiration from! If it's a color image, I imagine her skin as being ever so slightly darker than that, if possible.

As for her clothes, I'm actually really interested to see what other people can come up with! You have a lot of artistic freedom here, but the two main styles of dress for her are her monk's robes and her earlier (and traditional) attire.

Monk's robes: As a woman who joined a monastery following a calling to do something more important and meaningful with her life than tending to her family's cattle and moving with the seasons, Lee is almost always in her robes. That's it, really - use whatever styling you'd like when you think of monk's robes, I'm curious to see and explore the different designs people come up with. If colored, I'd prefer a pale orange/deep yellow color, not red.

Traditional wear: What she would have worn while still living with her parents, as nomads. I picture it as inspired by traditional Tibetan, Kazakh, Siberian, and/or Mongolian attire, and here's some examples. | | | | Feel free to look up your own references as well, for this one I'm really interested to see what YOU can come up with! I found this website a good source for a lot of pictures.

As far as traditional attire for girls specifically goes, I'm looking for Lee to be portrayed in what would typically be considered men's clothes in those cultures - no dresses, please! Other than that, go wild.

For artists who want more than just a basic profile: just ask and I'll provide more details if you want! Otherwise I'll leave this post as it is, to avoid being overwhelming with the information. > >;

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
awesome request, I may be back soon!

looks like you enjoy mongolian attire - if you haven't already checked them out, I think you'd absolutely love the work of phobs on deviantart. I'm in love with their stuff and clothing designs.

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Calibz
awesome request, I may be back soon!

looks like you enjoy mongolian attire - if you haven't already checked them out, I think you'd absolutely love the work of phobs on deviantart. I'm in love with their stuff and clothing designs.

Haha, it's funny you mention him/her (?) because I've actually been a huge admirer of theirs for quite some time ;-; heart I'm following them on tumblr and they reblog some lovely inspiration for Asian/Mongolian clothing, it's actually been helping me with my design and backstory for this character.

Gah, the art is just gorgeous.

Original Genius

I'd love to try! I'm familiar with D&D as well- the last character I played was a lady monk! (the campaign died, though. D: )

gallery with recent

prices

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Genius Gal
I'd love to try! I'm familiar with D&D as well- the last character I played was a lady monk! (the campaign died, though. D: )

gallery with recent

prices

Aw, no way! That's a shame the campaign died, though. D: Ours is being constantly hiatused due to work schedules and the holidays, but hopefully either tomorrow or Sunday we'll be having another few hours to play.~ (In the meantime, my girlfriend and I just roleplay our characters online, so at least there's not too much withdrawal going on, haha.)

Your style is interesting, I'm definitely considering it! Just unsure if I'd want a simple lineart or one with color - probably color. > 0>; Did you know which general outfit you'd want to try designing/drawing?
Own x Yourself

Hi, I would love to render your character(s) in my style!
Real Life Commission RLC INFO

For a full body coloured like these examples I have for you here:

User Image User Image User Image

Please Note me on DA or Quote/ PM me if you would like to concider me?]
User Image

★ ★ ★ T w i i ♥ »

Good luckuu with chuur request! >//u//< ♥

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
KitvinX
Own x Yourself

Hi, I would love to render your character(s) in my style!
Real Life Commission RLC INFO

For a full body coloured like these examples I have for you here:

User Image User Image User Image

Please Note me on DA or Quote/ PM me if you would like to concider me?]

Not quite what I'm looking for, sorry! Good luck finding commissions though. c:

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
MilahDesu

Thank you!
Own x Yourself

Not quite what I'm looking for, sorry! Good luck finding commissions though. c:

Thats alright, thanks for taking a look anyways smile

Dapper Dabbler

5,625 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
b u m p

Original Genius

Own x Yourself

Aw, no way! That's a shame the campaign died, though. D: Ours is being constantly hiatused due to work schedules and the holidays, but hopefully either tomorrow or Sunday we'll be having another few hours to play.~ (In the meantime, my girlfriend and I just roleplay our characters online, so at least there's not too much withdrawal going on, haha.)

Your style is interesting, I'm definitely considering it! Just unsure if I'd want a simple lineart or one with color - probably color. > 0>; Did you know which general outfit you'd want to try designing/drawing?

Yeah, ours did that for a while too and then the DM just said "F*** it" XP It's tough working around everybody's schedule!
I wonder if it'd be possible to do with online friends, haha. XD

I'd be cool with it no matter what you chose! It's been a while since I've done a lineart that was meant to stand on its own.
I'd probably go for the monk's robes, since I've enjoyed the various interpretations I've seen when researching my own character. X3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff