Welcome to Gaia! ::

YOU
gaia_diamond High quality artist
gaia_gaiagold Values Gaia gold
gaia_star Has a little bit of knowledge about Magic: the Gathering, or at least knows how to Google

ME
emotion_bigheart Secretive girlfriend planning a Christmas gift
gaia_gaiagold Willing to part with almost all of her Gaia gold/possessions except her current avi
sweatdrop Okay artist, but shitty digital skills

Sounds good so far? Keep reading!

What I want: I'm looking to commission four pieces of art to put on four MTG tokens for my boyfriend. These cards would not be distributed to anyone else. I don't have a lot of interest or skill in MTG, but it's really important to him, so I'm looking to create custom tokens for his deck.

He uses tokens for spirit, soldier, cat soldier, and faery rogue.

How I want it: This is where you get a little bit of creative leeway, but I do have some guidelines for how I'd like things to look. You do not have to do the token template, you only have to do the art! I'll take care of the rest. Guidelines and examples below:

Soldier: A male soldier with tan skin, short black hair, and green eyes. That's it. You can have him doing anything you like: posing, fighting, etc. Here are examples of other soldier tokens: [x] [x] [x]

Faery rogue: A female fairy with light skin, short/medium light brown/dark blonde hair, and blue eyes. Once again, you can have her doing anything. Examples of other tokens: [x] [x] [x]

Spirit: I'd like this to have a "spirit of love" theme. A male and female embracing; one of them (either the male or female) has a ghostly look about them--floating in midair, misty aura, etc--and preferably has a red or pink tinge to symbolize love. (The two of them should look like the soldier and faery rogue previously described) Examples of other tokens: [x] [x]

Cat soldier: I have no preference for this whatsoever. If you come up with something you really like, great! If not...do a Samurai Pizza Cat. Examples of other tokens: [x] [x]

How I'll pay for it: I know you're looking at my avi and profile right now and saying, "Hey, there's no way this girl has 175b+ and nice items to satisfy my asking price! Scam!" WRONG. This is a mule account to keep my dealings and secretive Christmas gift commission request a secret from my boyfriend, whom still logs into Gaia frequently enough that it would be risky to use my main account. My main account is Wonderland Knave. Check it out and send that account a PM if you'd like to verify. I have 175b+ in pure and a few items in my inventory that would probably be worth your time.

How you can do it: Post in this thread with multiple samples of your work. I want a finished, colored product, so please include at least one colored sample. If I like it, I'll let you know. If I don't, I'll apologize and feel kind of awkward.

If we have a deal: Please keep two things in mind:
1) I really want to see WIPs. I really want this present to be perfect, and I don't want to waste your time by asking you to change things after you've finished the product! Please send me sketches/lineart. When those are perfect, I'll send you half of the commission price. Plaster your watermark all over it if it makes you more comfortable, please.
2) Commit! If you only are interested in doing 1 or 2 of the commissions out of 4, please don't offer to do a commission. Like I said, I really want this gift to be perfect, and that means having the same artist for all 4 of these custom tokens.
FAQ

MTG art is pretty detailed and complicated. Are you asking for that type of quality for only 175b?
No, not really. I welcome anime or stylized art; it doesn't have to be as realistic as MTG art.

Do I have to do backgrounds?
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: It depends on what you consider a background. I just don't want character art on the card and then a stark white nothingness behind them. Color gradients or patterns or something are fine.

What size/scale should I make the commissions?
Starting off larger is always good, but just use your good judgement. Keep in mind that your art is going to be put in a small-ish window on a card like the one pictured below, so consider that when you're thinking about details and focal points:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Perfect Artist

Smitten Lover

Adamant Vault Heart X Mind Danse des Etoiles Ruined Souls 2nd Gen. Cuivre Drops Royaltea Cameo Butterfly Block Cyanopsia Cervidae Artemis Divinity
This is the only post in this thread I'll be making on this account, then it's off to the CB to hide it under an avalanche of bump posts.

I'm posting here on this account to verify that the OP really is my mule account. At time of writing I have 176,238,759,347 gold and don't plan on spending any of it on anything but the commission. I'll also post some items I own that might be of interest to anyone.

Charitable Millionaire

12,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Im not questing anything and gold isn't worth anything to me.
I draw to pass time. I sell chibis that are 25Gold to 150Gold.
All gold gets donated to a charity of my choice.
So feel free to purchase one from me.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here's a Sample
User Image

Smitten Lover

Update: Recently made some sales in the marketplace. Current offer for work is 251 billion gold + items.

Sparkly Sex Symbol

do you take rlcs?

Smitten Lover

sachi desu
do you take rlcs?

Not at this time, sorry.

Smitten Lover

Update: 300b+ in funds now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff