Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yeah so I have a new OC that I need some art for.
Hopefully I have enough background on this character for you to make something of it.
As far as clothes go, she can wear skater/surfer/hippie clothing.

Reference (art by me):

User Image

Arts received:

(art by Forneas):
User Image

(art by ScienceCandy):
User Image

Arts Given:

User Image

User Image

I'll also trade or take requests. No guarantees. I am in a picky mood.

Thanks or whatever. If you want to see more of my art then there are links in my sig. I'm too lazy to post them here.

I am trying to keep this thread up in the system so if you see it pretty far from the front page, it would be nice if you bumped it up!
Yoooo, I didn't reply really in my own thread cause I was drawing and my mind didn't really register 'hey, people online can't read minds nor even see your expression, dork' soooo.
I wanted to tell ya now, that I totally smiled over her. She is intriguing and I like fishies and dude, foxes are cool, too. So.
Major kudos on the combo deal.

I might not manage to draw her since yeah, major tired and I'm fading fast, but I wanted to at least letcha know I liked her.

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Original Character 101
Thanks man, and no probs. I understand that whole "my-laptop-isn't-a-window" thing. I'm kinda obsessed with fish and yeah, foxes are badass. I'm probably not drawing tonight either, but if you decide at any other time that you would want to draw up then by all means go for it.

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
cat_talk2hand

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Nautilus_belauensis

Sounds like a plan to me. u w ub
I hope you get a hit though, cause I really am fascinated by the foxfish hippybumsurfer.

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
cat_sweatdrop

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
cat_confused

Lavish Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Heya, how are you?
May I have Valkyrie drawn please?
Here's her reference as an avi
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And her reference as art
User Image

Fairly thorough bio for those who enjoy backstory
Name: Valkyrie

Sexuality: Bisexual

Appearance:
Valkyrie stands at a respectable 5'8, with long legs and a fairly lean figure. She keeps herself fit and enjoys showing off her toned stomach, which is tattooed with a black crescent moon. She has long wavy hair that she wears over her left eye, regularly dyed in shades of red and brown (currently a bright burgundy), that she wears down and loose. Valkyrie prides herself on her clothing as much as her body, preferring something of a punk style with dark colours and fierce accents in red or silver and a stylish black eyepatch rimmed with golden thread to hide her ugly eye, should her hair flow out of the way.

Personality:
Someone once tried to flatter Valkyrie by calling her a queen. She scoffed, "Queens have responsibilities. And most of them, fat husbands." Valkyrie doesn't care for anything so mundane and restricting. Her only responsibility is herself, and even then, she prizes her freedom over her own happiness or security. She won't risk being tied down to any person, place, or thing --- which isn't to say she doesn't enjoy having lots of people and things, when she can.

People are very useful, she thinks, in helping her get she wants. Valkyrie exudes a confidence and authority that brings many admirers, male and female, willingly into her service. She isn't coy about it and makes sure they know that they're in for sex, games, and fun, not anything permanent. So long as they understand the rules, she's happy to toy around with them. She likes to tease and push boundaries, and doesn't mind others doing the same. Very proud of her own body, Valkyrie can get careless with other people's personal space. She rarely apologizes for it, claiming that it's their insecurity problem, not hers.

Valkyrie doesn't appreciate drama of any sort, and is more likely to walk away from a silly argument than escalate it. She's not above a swift kick to the groin to anyone who seriously disrespects her, but petty catfights and passive aggressive comments are not worth her time. After all, beneath her flamboyant exterior, Valkyrie has a calm and decisive mind. She's smart enough to discern what things to pursue and what's best left alone.

History:
Valkyrie had a very difficult relationship with her parents and older brother. After one too many fights, she left home as a teenager and went to her older cousins for help. She moved in with them and worked part-time at their bar to make up for rent. With her devil-may-care grin and swinging hips, Valkyrie quickly became popular among the regulars.

The bar wasn't in the best neighborhood, and fights weren't uncommon after a few too many rounds. One night two drunks had in mind to duke it out over Valkyrie herself. Even as a seventeen-year-old waitress, Valkyrie wouldn't tolerate that. She pointed out that she was no prize to be fought over --- if they wanted her attention, they should prove their worth to her, not to each other.

The ploy worked, at least temporarily, to defuse the violence. And Valkyrie found that it worked again a few nights later, and again, until the regulars started respecting her rules and turning away from fights and to more constructive shows of merit (somewhat constructive, at least... the man who tried a fancy magic trick and lit his pants on fire didn't quite make the cut). And once she turned eighteen, Valkyrie was free to reward those she considered worthy of her time.

It was from all this that she earned her nickname --- a valkyrie, an arbiter of warriors and a lover of those good enough to earn it. She chooses her flings judiciously and sparingly, despite the amount of teasing and flirting she allows in the bar. And she only had problems twice with people who tried to forcibly persuade her: after the fates they suffered, everyone else got the hint.

Strengths:
+ Confidence, healthy self-esteem, comfortable with her body
+ Decisive, clear-minded, reasonable
+ Strong backbone, doesn't back down from a threat but also doesn't pick meaningless fights

Weaknesses:
- Doesn't respect others' personal space/bodies
- Anti-commitment, no real ambitions or life plans/goals
- Sometimes manipulates people's feelings for her own material gain

+ Flirting, teasing, touching -- and sex too, of course
+ Running/cardiovascular exercise, pump-up exercise music
+ New bitchin' jackets/coats/shrugs/etc. that perfectly suit her wardrobe

Dislikes:
- The idea of having pets or children or things to take care of
- Clingy, needy people, or anyone who accuses her of being 'unfaithful'
- Smelling gross, greasy, and smoky after working at the bar

Here's some sensation for your ears

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
cat_crying

Feral Saint

you cool with her probably being drawn with my Yale? I think they might be friends if they chilled.

Plus I also haven't drawn him in 5ever.

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Science Candy
you cool with her probably being drawn with my Yale? I think they might be friends if they chilled.

Oooo I really like cat_4laugh Yes please! would you like to make it a trade? I need to work on my arts anywho!

Feral Saint

Nautilus_belauensis
Science Candy

Oooo I really like cat_4laugh Yes please! would you like to make it a trade? I need to work on my arts anywho!

Sure! We could do a trade. C:

Demonic Sex Symbol

User Image
Do you want....

Good Luck~!

BlOoD oN yOuR iCe CrEaM?!?!

Tipsy Sailor

6,600 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Science Candy