Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lishi-Chan
Miriel3
When i start, i'm too lazy to re-draw, so i finish pictures quite quickly. Bigger problem is with getting to work: for requests it takes me few weeks to start drawing XDDD

Oh yeah, I know what you mean by that. xD

I've been having so much trouble to get started with the commissions I have right now. I have so many that I'm just not motivated to get started with them. I've been in such a drawing slump lately.haha
In those past 2 days i've drawn 2 commissions from my shop and few freebies here xD Dunno how, maybe because of bad weather here XDDD

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
In those past 2 days i've drawn 2 commissions from my shop and few freebies here xD Dunno how, maybe because of bad weather here XDDD

Oh wow.lol That's how I used to be when I first opened my shop, I could get all of my slots filled and then finish all the pictures within a week. But now it's like I have to take a week just to be able to get motivated to draw one.
It doesn't help that I've gotten pickier about what I'd like to draw and I get some characters I really don't like but still feel obligated to accept them.
Lishi-Chan
Miriel3

Oh wow.lol That's how I used to be when I first opened my shop, I could get all of my slots filled and then finish all the pictures within a week. But now it's like I have to take a week just to be able to get motivated to draw one.
It doesn't help that I've gotten pickier about what I'd like to draw and I get some characters I really don't like but still feel obligated to accept them.
You know, i haven't finished my free sketches on dA since last year XDDDD
Haha, i've got the same with requests from guys XD

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
You know, i haven't finished my free sketches on dA since last year XDDDD
Haha, i've got the same with requests from guys XD
I'd be perfecty fine with them if I didn't get some many [dare I say it...] Mary-Sues. D:
Those are the ones that really get to me and make me lazy.haha
Lishi-Chan

I'd be perfecty fine with them if I didn't get some many [dare I say it...] Mary-Sues. D:
Those are the ones that really get to me and make me lazy.haha

What you consider as Mary-Sue? Coz i've hear many descriptions of that kind of charas, but every was a bit different xD

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
What you consider as Mary-Sue? Coz i've hear many descriptions of that kind of charas, but every was a bit different xD

I would consider it a character that is built off of another character. Like, the common Mary-sue is like if someone were to take a picture of Sakura from Naruto [I've seen this one many times so I know it's popular] and to change her hair color, eyes or something. Like, if they pretty much built their character off of an existing anime/game/whatever character with no originality, then I classify it as mary-Sue.
Lishi-Chan
Oh, okay, that kind. I've never drawn one (no requests like that), but sounds like a pain :/

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
Lishi-Chan
Oh, okay, that kind. I've never drawn one (no requests like that), but sounds like a pain :/

Yeah, I've got one right now. I tried to slink out of adding a few things to it to try to make it look a little less like the character, but they noticed and I havta add the stuff anyways. That's why it's been taking me forever on this one.haha
Lishi-Chan
Miriel3
Lishi-Chan

Yeah, I've got one right now. I tried to slink out of adding a few things to it to try to make it look a little less like the character, but they noticed and I havta add the stuff anyways. That's why it's been taking me forever on this one.haha
Totally not nice >< Can't you imagine that you're drawing a fanart or sth like that?

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
Totally not nice >< Can't you imagine that you're drawing a fanart or sth like that?

I don't think that came out totally right...
I meant that I tried to make the clothes a little different than the Anime characters to give it a little bit of difference to it, yanno artist freedom. But they wanted it exact so I did what they said, the commissioner is always right~

But yeah, I've almost got it finished now.lol I had to try to figure something out to motivate me. so using a new program it is! haha I got a trial of Sai to test it out and I think my coloring looks pretty good on it so that's kind of what's helping me push through this one.
Whatever has to be done to get through ittt~

Dapper Dabbler

Lishi-Chan

I've never met commissioner who didn't like artistic freedom o_O But i quess, i haven't got many customers yet xDDD
Ah, Sai is really nice program <3 Great for coloring and sketching biggrin Have fun with it o3o

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
I've never met commissioner who didn't like artistic freedom o_O But i quess, i haven't got many customers yet xDDD
Ah, Sai is really nice program <3 Great for coloring and sketching biggrin Have fun with it o3o

Yeah I know right? haha but I guess they just wanna keep it the way they have it.

But yeah, I was iffy about it at first because I had no idea what I was doing.lol at first I only got the trial to be able to make backgrounds transparent [because no matter what I check, whatever I look through, I haven't found a way so I don't think Corel Painter has anyway of having transparent backgrounds] but once I looked some stuff up on it, I found out how to and I'm starting to really like it. I think I'm gonna get it. >w<
Lishi-Chan
I mainly use Sai and Photoshop and they both have transparent bg. Guess,i was using painter for other stuff, because i didn't know it hasn't got it XDD And Sai is so... simple xD It works really smooth and have the most important stuff biggrin

Dapper Dabbler

Miriel3
Lishi-Chan
I mainly use Sai and Photoshop and they both have transparent bg. Guess,i was using painter for other stuff, because i didn't know it hasn't got it XDD And Sai is so... simple xD It works really smooth and have the most important stuff biggrin

I only use Corel Painter cause it came free with my tablet software.haha It also came with Photoshop Essentials or something like that? But I have no idea what that is/is like because whenever I try to open it it ends up not responding and shutting down. D:

I'm gonna uninstall it and try to redo it soon to see if it works, but for now I guess I'll enjoy my Sai trial while it lasts. ♥

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff