Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kiddlet

I thought so to, but it turns out a computer with a broken motherboard still kind of works just not very well. Maybe if I ever get a smart phone it would be different, I know having internet at all times would pretty much be heaven. Yeah, they're like those choose your own adventure books but much more finicky. Fun, but you'd need a walkthrough for most of the older ones. A lot of them were released in the 70s so you can find them online really easy.

I don't read classics a ton, I'm a lab assistant which means I get to sit at a computer for hours on end, that's where I get a lot of my reading done. I think it depends on the classic, personally I could never get past the language in shakespeare or any of the old dramas. I did think A Farewell to Arms was pretty good though really depressing. What ones have you read?

It's definitely fun watching other people play. Any opinions on the new one coming out?

That's awesome, I've never met anyone from New Zealand. biggrin I'm from NY. Upstate, not the city.

Alright, but if you ever feel like getting some art just let me know. Like srsly, that was one of the best gifts ever and I can't say thank you enough.

A link to you ff.net account, if that's ok with you. c:

Good points. Now that I think about it, I see what you mean when you say what people think is scary is broad. Like a movie about spiders would only frighten certain people. I'd really love to see a movie that plays on the fear of heights or claustrophobia or something instead of hauntings or monsters.
Knowing you can write a novel if you need to has to help with confidence too.

Oh! I know that site, I've been there a few times. I can confirm all the categories are just euphenisms for smut.
I've seen some ok YA and some pretty awful YA. I generally avoid anything that has to do with a teenage girl in highschool.

You can find a decent number of online D&D groups around the internet, yeah. I've never tried any of them, I might this summer when I have more time. It's just a matter of finding a good group, I'd think.

It's cool you can borrow eachother's characters. I've never heard of that happening, excluding fanfics and so on.

Aaahhh, I see. It's not so bad after a while, you kind of start to understand how machines are put together. You get an idea of where the pistons need to go to get things to move right, how the panels need to attach to allow for freedom of movement, the different kinds of joints you can use for different places, and so on. A lot of it is just researching tons of machines.

Hopefully the book wasn't too long. The story I did turned out to be around 25 pages, and probably would have taken me a semester, maybe more, to illustrate the entire thing. Thankfully, the cover is the only thing I'm doing to completion. It's really neat to get some input from someone who isn't a gallery artist and knows a thing or two about how to get a job in the entertainment industry (not that there's anything wrong with gallery artists, I'd just rather draw dinosaurs and robots fighting eachother). The teacher is also a lot more in depth with things I did wrong or things I could have done better. He's also not a technophobe like the majority of the teachers I've had. And it's not a still life, which is fantastic.

Pure-hearted Ladykiller

14,225 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
candid silence
ThatMoose

Hope she likes, and congrats on graduating biggrin

User Image

Looks so wonderful! emotion_kirakira
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to draw. n w n

Shy Fatcat

7,325 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
maybe this guy ? emotion_kirakira

CAT FORM
HUMAN FORM
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NAME Ran
AGE 15
BIRTHDAY Nov 11

Liberal Dabbler

User Image

With or without wings is fine.
                    He's an angry man, often smoking and fixing broken noses. Blood + gore are super welcome.

Trash

Any of the avis/ocs here? o v o

Romantic Gaian

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Would you consider drawing this female avatar?

Centaura's Queen

I feel like I've been lied to all my life. Suddenly, having a messed up computer seems more like an inconvenience and not the end of the world.
Having constant internet is great. Ever wondered what the lyrics to 12 Days Of Christmas are in the middle of July? Wonder no more. Wake up in the middle of the night and consider the meaning of seeing a purple snake in your dreams? Answers are at your fingertips! I love having constant internet, if only because I never have to ask anyone anything ever again.

Lab assistant sounds like a very smart job U:
The language in Shakespeare is bloody terrible holy skjds I can't do it, either. My friend just read Gilgamesh for school though and it sounds beautiful, but I'll just live vicariously through her remarks. I like words a lot, and Old Timey Language always sounds... wrong?? I guess.
UHM I read To Kill A Mockingbird and The Pearl for school , years ago, but under my own steam: One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, (Dante's) Inferno, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Ender's Game, a collection of Sherlock Holmes, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (although this was years ago, soon after I started working, and I remember nothing of it except being unimpressed), and okaY I was using this list as a guide but now it's listing Artemis Fowl as classics so I think I'm going to give up.
Not that many :c I thought it was more tbh. I tried reading Dracula, too, but in the end I just threw it away. Couldn't get through it -- too many POV changes, and nothing actually happened, and everyone sounded the same and it was so dull. It gets better later on, I'm aware of this, but I couldn't make it ALAS

I was really excited for the Grim Fandango remastered release, but I'm glad I held off on buying it. All I really hear about it is bad things -- lots of bugs, and how nothing has actually been improved. The old one ran fine on my laptop (Windows 7) and my friend (has Windows cool could run it off the same disc. I'm glad it's available for the masses, but I don't see there was ever a problem aside from the price.

Oh man, everyone is from NY now.
I don't meet many from NZ, either. Not that I go looking.

lksdf yes sure here is the link. I don't know why that confused me I'm so sorry.

I think monsters and hauntings are easy scares (and I love it) -- being scared of the dark, or of spooky noises, is something we can all relate to and is very basic. My little sister is terrified of Paranormal Activity and I just sit there and tell her how shitty it is every time we talk. I'm an awful sister.
Claustrophobia -- there was a Ryan Reynolds movie, Buried I think? Along those lines? I always associate that with being trapped in like, caves or something. Heights I don't think anyone has done since Vertigo, but I could be wrong. Those are definitely less common themes, good job on having demanding tastes that will never be catered to surprised

Knowing I can definitely helps with confidence, but I still don't have much desire to pursue it often. I prefer the shorter pieces -- it's more interesting, to me, to work out a specific moment / emotion, than a cohesive storyline.
But now I want to do long-term projects so what am I even doing emo I know I won't enjoy it, but alas, I must try.

Also, I very much appreciate the flattery.
I think about these compliments sometimes and smile, for no reason at all. My reputation will be ruined if someone catches me mad
But honestly, you were my favourite artist to work with last year, because you actually seem to appreciate writing. A lot of people who buy it don't give that impression, and sometimes I think I'm the only one who cares, but writing for people who like it is just so much more fun.

THANK YOU no-one believes me that AO3 is smutty. I don't know where this high-class attitude has come from, geez.
Man, I won't lie, the earliest influence (that still affects my writing today) was The Forbidden Game trilogy by J L Smith. (Also known for writing The Vampire Diaries books.) I re-read it last year, and hot damn, I teared up a little at the ending.
It's so cliché and terrible and I ******** love it, despite it being everything wrong with the YA genre. (Including being about a teenage girl in high school.)

My experience with borrowing characters / sharing universes (as opposed to rping together) is that it usually happens between an artist and a writer, and they both bring something to the table. I know a lot of writers who love doing it, but I've always despised it, honestly. I was okay with rp, when the characters were designed to be fluid, but I've been focused on telling my own stories for a very long time now, and I hate having to consider someone else in the mix.
So I treasure the universes I do share cool Special, special instances. (And how good friends I am with them rarely matters -- I've had people I consider bffs that I was never writing-compatible with.)

See -- I'm bewildered just hearing pistons and panels and joints. You have no idea how much it all just looks like sorcery to me.
I kind of think you're a genius, now rofl

Gallery artist -- like, artists who have gallery shows?? //oblivious
It sounds like it was a really useful -- and pleasant -- experience, and I am genuinely delighted to hear this. I've heard so many horror stories about art school and crushed dreams. Are you going to upload/show your finished work? Is this the extent of your study?
Also, the world would be a better place if everyone drew dinosaurs and robots fighting each other //swoons
I love hearing about the preferred fields artists want to go into -- animation is really popular, but one of my friends admitted they would rather do character design, which I never saw coming.

candid silence
~Disney's Fantasia Themed Avi~
So I made my avatar, late the other night, while trying to make myself sleepy, by watching The Original Fantasia, a couple times. I can't get enough of my "wizard" themed Disney colored, magical avatar, and I would lovingly desire, some spectacular & fun Freebie Art!
Chibi art is a favorite, but I love all styles!
REQUEST: Current Avatar
heart heart I TIP! heart heart

HannahBaconz's Husband

Feral Capitalist

Hope you consider giving me a head shot biggrin

User Image

Kiddlet's Husbando

Shameless Elder

Hiiiii hello! Kiddlet referred me here! As always she has the best taste >w< your work is fabulous! o.o

I've been looking for someone who can and likes to draw mech stuff, and I have this cyborg character few people want to deal with so I thought I would give it a shot c:

This is Roman, here is a newer version as I've been trying to work out his design a little better and more...realistic? But his face parts are mostly good to go~

Thank you for considering!

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

A bump for ya and a request for my current.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Hunter

♛ I am the one and only BBNSZT

oh!!

your art is very wonderful.

larger avi ref:

his eyes are red!
            please tell me if you'd like more information/art refs of him c:

User Image

larger ref w/blood

User Image

plus two quick lines for his personality!
            i might add more later, haha

"Acts innocent, but in the end, he really is a demon.
            Though, he would do anything for you, so please try your best to trust him."

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

A bump for ya

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items