Total Votes:[ 230 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 340 341 342 > >> >>> »|

Shy Lunatic

MahAyame
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Hehe, all the awkward to go around yo!

And since it's a ball, it's mobile! See, everything works!

maybe it's really a square of awkward.

Aw now you just be trippin, yo. Although a square would make things MORE awkward.

You know what's funny is to tell people the original meaning of the word awkward and they find out they've been using it wrong all along. kind of like the word cynical.
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Aw now you just be trippin, yo. Although a square would make things MORE awkward.

You know what's funny is to tell people the original meaning of the word awkward and they find out they've been using it wrong all along. kind of like the word cynical.

How are you supposed to use it? That's what she said *shot*

Shy Lunatic

MahAyame
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

How are you supposed to use it? That's what she said *shot*

Awkward or Cynical?
The origin of awkward, if I remember correctly, was "hard" or "difficult to deal with" "Awkward news" meant it was hard to deal with, like receiving the news of the death of a loved one.

Cynical/Cynicism/Cynics was actually meant to be rejecting all earthly possessions, wealth, power, fame, ect, and leading a life free from that. - Much like Buddhism.
Prince Arcus

Awkward or Cynical?
The origin of awkward, if I remember correctly, was "hard" or "difficult to deal with" "Awkward news" meant it was hard to deal with, like receiving the news of the death of a loved one.

Cynical/Cynicism/Cynics was actually meant to be rejecting all earthly possessions, wealth, power, fame, ect, and leading a life free from that. - Much like Buddhism.

Yaaaay, I learned something today!
But, hrm, I was Googling and thefreedictionary.com says that the word comes from the Old Norse 'awk' which means 'perverse' and 'weard', which means 'in the direction of'. If you take into account that the word 'perverse' is derived from the Latin perversus, which means 'turned the wrong way', you've got a word that means 'turned in the direction of the wrong way'. So, 'awkward' could almost translate to 'backward'.

I can't find much on thefreedictionary about the origins of the word 'cynical' but I imagine if I Google some more I could dig something up. :3

Shy Lunatic

MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Awkward or Cynical?

But, hrm, I was Googling and thefreedictionary.com says that the word comes from the Old Norse 'awk' which means 'perverse' and 'weard', which means 'in the direction of'. If you take into account that the word 'perverse' is derived from the Latin perversus, which means 'turned the wrong way', you've got a word that means 'turned in the direction of the wrong way'. So, 'awkward' could almost translate to 'backward'.

I can't find much on thefreedictionary about the origins of the word 'cynical' but I imagine if I Google some more I could dig something up. :3

That is also very very true. XD. "YOUR SHIRT IS ON AWKWARD FIX IT." Gosh, that would make difficult conversation. LOL.

- I don't use the free dictionary. I use what I've learned in class, from research and s**t. XD.
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Awkward or Cynical?

That is also very very true. XD. "YOUR SHIRT IS ON AWKWARD FIX IT." Gosh, that would make difficult conversation. LOL.

- I don't use the free dictionary. I use what I've learned in class, from research and s**t. XD.

Difficult conversations are the best ones!

I haven't been to class in quite a few years, and I don't get to use my brain much, being a slave to minimum wage and all. Google and the free dictionary are all I've got. D:

Shy Lunatic

MahAyame
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Awkward or Cynical?

Difficult conversations are the best ones!

I haven't been to class in quite a few years, and I don't get to use my brain much, being a slave to minimum wage and all. Google and the free dictionary are all I've got. D:

oh, no i meant High School. LOL> I know that feeling. I start working the Saturday after next.
Prince Arcus

oh, no i meant High School. LOL> I know that feeling. I start working the Saturday after next.

Ahaha, I meant high school as well, although truth be told I didn't make it far in college due to financial reasons. What kind of job you got lined up?

Shy Lunatic

MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Ahaha, I meant high school as well, although truth be told I didn't make it far in college due to financial reasons. What kind of job you got lined up?

Oh same. I'm starting as a Senior Live-In Home Care assistant. [All Valley]

Profitable Conversationalist

User Image
<---- Picture drawn and shaded by P3NIS Colda, coloring by Yuko Kokoro
                                            ..:::❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿ ❀ ✿:::..

....When her smile grows....

Consider drawing my avatar? 3nodding heart
                                            If it helps her stockings are supposed to be regular fishnets,
                                            but the gaia item goes to high with this kimono..

Would telling you the twist on the story of red riding hood that had a monster truck driving alien as the wolf and a motorcycle gang leader grandma make you laugh?
                                            User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you are really up for a
                                            challenge consider
                                            drawing her in
                                            her new outfit...?

For more references go to my full gallery of Yuko art under Received Art on my profile.

Want written info about her personality or other things about her?
                                            Look under Wanna Draw Me on my profile as well.

Yuko's favorite pose, I really think it shows off her attitude!
                                            Made by: Capricious apple User Image

....It feels like the sun that glows....
                                            Link to full poem by Quaneta
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Oh same. I'm starting as a Senior Live-In Home Care assistant. [all valley]

Nice, that sounds really interesting. Do you like, live with your clients, or do you just check up on the ones that live at home, or what? I sling pizzas at a buffet place, so pretty much anything beats that xP

Excitable Phantom

The cyborg in my sig?
Click the picture to be overloaded with a thread with many pictures of him.

There is also a little kid version of him..possibly like 7 years..
as well as a lean 20 year old version.

Shy Lunatic

MahAyame
Prince Arcus
MahAyame
Prince Arcus

Oh same. I'm starting as a Senior Live-In Home Care assistant. [all valley]

Nice, that sounds really interesting. Do you like, live with your clients, or do you just check up on the ones that live at home, or what? I sling pizzas at a buffet place, so pretty much anything beats that xP

Both.
There are 24 hour private cases where you spend 7-13 hours working, then you get the rest of the time off then you spend another 7-13 hours working every other day switching between 2-3 attendees.
I'm starting out as just a basic in-home assistant working 2-4 hours as a cleaning shift, it's about 9-13$ an hour, so it's better than minimum wage for sure.-

that sounds like fun, actually LOL. I get to clean for 2-4 hours then cook dinner, then clean some more.

Questionable Creature

Prince Arcus
gaia_diamond
User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

You get rid of someone's ego by stuffing it in an eggo and eating it emotion_awesome -making you laugh fail- Btw about to head to bed you probably don't like hit and runs but I can stop by again tomorrow

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████

Shy Lunatic

Naya Merai
Prince Arcus
gaia_diamond
User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

You get rid of someone's ego by stuffing it in an eggo and eating it emotion_awesome -making you laugh fail- Btw about to head to bed you probably don't like hit and runs but I can stop by again tomorrow

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████

Smart lass. Not a fan of hit and runs. I take it you actually read, unlike a lot of people that stop by.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff