Are there any lurkers about there?

Yes 0.5390625 53.9% [ 69 ]
No 0.09375 9.4% [ 12 ]
Well, maybe a little... 0.3671875 36.7% [ 47 ]
Total Votes:[ 128 ]

I have bruises all over me and I took a javelin to the face yesterday biggrin
Sonia Mutenburg
I have bruises all over me and I took a javelin to the face yesterday biggrin

o.O What was your face doing near a javelin?
I do medieval reenactment. We were doing group fighting, I kept getting slammed with axes and the last fight involved two groups of us stepping in to clash, before we started fighting, a javelin from the other side flew out of nowhere into my face
eep! Well I'm glad it didn't do any serious damage. I like going to medieval faires (even though I've only ever been to one, but multiple times). I've always wanted to dress up to go to one, but I've never had a costume to wear. The closest faire to me now is about 2 hours away, and I don't know if I want to drive that far.
I know there's one coming up we're all going to in Sydney this week, but I'm gonna assume you're nowhere near Australia biggrin
XD Yes, I am quite far from Australia. I lived just about smack dab in the middle of the US.

For a moment there was a possibility that I would have gone to Australia for work, but one of my coworkers is going instead. I'd like to go to Australia one day, but it's such a long flight and I don't like flying that much. XO

Aged Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Whoa! activity! I thought everyone had abandoned the thread.
Nah, I still poke around every now and then.

This is what I did on Sunday. I'm the one with the blue and white shield hoping somebody in armour doesn't fall on me biggrin
Now I'm not surprised that you took a javelin to the face. XD Looks like everyone is playing pretty rough. How does everyone decide who "dies" and who wins?
Surprisingly, everybody was in display mode (soft, big and slow hits), so it wasn't rough at all. You die when you decide to, pretty much when you take a hit you think is fair or if you're uncomfortable fighting anymore or whatever.
Reminds me of the Civil War re-enactments I've been too. I always wonder how they make sure they make sure die in the right numbers to make the battle's outcome accurate (when they are re-enacting actual battles rather than just a generic battle scenes).
I'd say they're a bit more organised, but only a bit. It'd be "Okay, you group die at this section, you at this section" and so on.

There's a dude in our group who is also in something similar to civil war reenactment, I could ask him. I don't know/doubt it is civil war considering our geography. But then again, that is an interesting period of history, regardless of where you come from.

Hell, the Vikings, Saxons and Normans had little to do with Australia either.
The Civil War and Revolutionary War time periods were my favorite when I was in junior high and high school. Now my preferred historical time period is 15th -16th century Western Europe.

In other news, I'm going to Texas next week for work. That should be fun. Everyone tells me it's going to be so hot there, but, really, they're calling for the same temperatures as here.

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Lightning Zero
Whoa! activity! I thought everyone had abandoned the thread.

Not abandoned the thread. I just have so many things that keep me so busy...
For instance, my son turned 1 on the 17th and he crawls so fast. Not child proofing this apartment because I'm getting a house within the next few months before my lease expires in July. I have a vehicle with air conditioning which is super awesome being it's summer and the temperature has already been in the upper 90's. Then I'm in a mood where I don't want to draw... I bought the Hunger Games books so I'm trying to read this first...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff