• Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
NuMedia Millie
semen-eater
NuMedia Millie
semen-eater
NuMedia Millie
semen-eater

I never said that, it may be a Picasso to them, but I highly doubt it's a masterpiece that would blow any other artists' mind.
which is the point we are making. Not everything deserves to be looked at as art and not everything deserves praise simply for trying to be art. Art is more complex than that. There is a right and wrong. That's all we're trying to tell you. There is a right way to make art and a wrong way. The wrong way yields bad art or sometimes doesn't even produce art. It is not a title you can assign to anything and everything.

No where in the definition of Art does it say it has to be fathomed or praised, must I repeat to drill it into your thick skull again on what I'm trying to say?

art/ärt/
Noun:

The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"
Works produced by such skill and imagination.

Not once did it say that art had to be praised, be appealing, or be to others tastes.

It's not art, it's just good art, art that most people would find appealing. And then their's art that most people wouldn't find appealing, which would be called bad art, or ugly art. Either way, it's still art. Art is an abstract word, so there is no right way to make art, because it varies from drawing to cooking, and so forth.
visual fine arts then. I'll get more specific. The definition in the dictionary and the definition as thought up by artist and it's critics is less objective and relevant.

So now that we've narrowed it down to Fine Art I'm ready to be an adult if you are. I have a point to make as do you so lets get to it.

Sure, enough of our stupid quarrelling with two arguements that would never win anyway, let's turn this dissagreement into an agreement, or maybe a comprimise.

Whatever.
we've each been arguing over the definition of different words.

Well, actually, we've been argueing when we really didn't even know what the other thought.

So we've been blindly argueing, and just repeating our opinion over and over again in different words. Pretty much, I think.

Leaf

semen-eater
NuMedia Millie
semen-eater
NuMedia Millie
semen-eater

No where in the definition of Art does it say it has to be fathomed or praised, must I repeat to drill it into your thick skull again on what I'm trying to say?

art/ärt/
Noun:

The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture,...: "the art of the Renaissance"
Works produced by such skill and imagination.

Not once did it say that art had to be praised, be appealing, or be to others tastes.

It's not art, it's just good art, art that most people would find appealing. And then their's art that most people wouldn't find appealing, which would be called bad art, or ugly art. Either way, it's still art. Art is an abstract word, so there is no right way to make art, because it varies from drawing to cooking, and so forth.
visual fine arts then. I'll get more specific. The definition in the dictionary and the definition as thought up by artist and it's critics is less objective and relevant.

So now that we've narrowed it down to Fine Art I'm ready to be an adult if you are. I have a point to make as do you so lets get to it.

Sure, enough of our stupid quarrelling with two arguements that would never win anyway, let's turn this dissagreement into an agreement, or maybe a comprimise.

Whatever.
we've each been arguing over the definition of different words.

Well, actually, we've been argueing when we really didn't even know what the other thought.

So we've been blindly argueing, and just repeating our opinion over and over again in different words. Pretty much, I think.
sounds about right.

Dapper Detective

4,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tipsy 100
Ah, this thread must me laugh. So damn true.

Nobody can make them change, of course, but them having the right to do it won't stop it being bad. That's not a matter of opinion - some things, like cancer, or Stephenie Meyer's writing, are simply bad. They also have a right to be bad, but you are right in that if they want to get anywhere they need to learn some goddamn anatomy.

ShrubLord's Fangirl

Noob

I don't completely agree with this article, only because everyone has to start from somewhere, right? And if anime is what makes someone inspired enough to start drawing, then I think that's awesome. I think if a person is serious enough about improving, then they'll take the advice and take some serious classes and try to improve.

Personally, I suppose my own style is anime. I used to love anime so much, but I loved (and still love heart ) western comics too. This is my fifth year now taking art classes, and my first semester taking a figure drawing class. I agree, it's really hard trying to draw a realistic figure from life because I want to bang one out in my own style. (As you can see from my signature my own style isn't the most realistic at all, nor is it perfect.) I really appreciate the classes though, and am glad I get to take it because I know, in the long run, it's going to help a lot. Drawing from life and trying to draw what you see is one of the best possible things a person can do.

Whether people want to get better at drawing or not, whether they're good or not, or whether or not they're taken seriously, they should never stop drawing. I also think no one should be told to stop drawing, or posting on websites like dA. Yes, their art may not be the best, but they may love drawing, and want to show it off. There's nothing wrong with that.
            I BUMP BECAUSE I CAN HURRR

Angelic Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
if you don't like anime, then don't look at it, don't complain about it, don't waste your time on it, and don't go search it. Simple as that.

your not the god of art what people can or can't draw. There nothing wrong with drawing anime. It's only becomes wrong if they are trying to learn realism.

Quote:

I don't completely agree with this article, only because everyone has to start from somewhere, right? And if anime is what makes someone inspired enough to start drawing, then I think that's awesome. I think if a person is serious enough about improving, then they'll take the advice and take some serious classes and try to improve.

Quote:

Whether people want to get better at drawing or not, whether they're good or not, or whether or not they're taken seriously, they should never stop drawing. I also think no one should be told to stop drawing, or posting on websites like dA. Yes, their art may not be the best, but they may love drawing, and want to show it off. There's nothing wrong with that.

Ladykiller

there's not a right or wrong way in art. while I'll agree that it's better to learn the basic anatomy of whatever you want to draw before you draw it, you don't absolutely have to.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

une petite fleur
there's not a right or wrong way in art. while I'll agree that it's better to learn the basic anatomy of whatever you want to draw before you draw it, you don't absolutely have to.
I suppose no one has to know what they are doing. Personally I'd rather be able to make what I set out to make and do it to the best of my abilities, that's just me though.

Magical Senshi

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

♩♪♫♬♭ No matter how hard you try...

۞ ♯Anime is a popular subject that inspires and entertains the young youth. Nobody will stop, until a certain age has reached.

Anime drawings, are not unique, but can be made unique. However, it still is pretty. And a big hit on gaia if it is made using a well-developed art program.

I don't agree with the article. Humans are different, and in case you haven't noticed there is a big debate about this.Many, from the recent posts, disagreeing.
Also, why couldn't you parafraze the article? It would keep its meaning but in a shorter format. And in a simple manner too. I mean, it looks good when you write like that, but it bores people to such an extent they don't want to read it. Most of us 'gaians' are teenagers not adults. It will bore us to death.And i'm sorry, i'm debating so much, but i have to debate to get my points crossed.
I have no other point to make, so good day to you ma'am, but next time whether you decide to take these decisions across, please, at least think about them. ۞

...You will never stop bleeding love ♩♪♫♬♭

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´
II Vanilla-Chan II
many tags

>unique
            And what does being unique got to do with this article?

>Most of us 'gaians' are teenagers not adults. It will bore us to death.
            Just because somebody is a teenager doesn't mean they're too stupid to read and understand a post longer than two sentences. Learning, understanding and development are important and should be encouraged. Otherwise we're going to end up with picture books as the most sophisticated medium because WORDS R HARDS, GUISE!

>Humans are different
            Once again, what does being different got to do with this article?

It's about learning foundations. It's not about being unique, different, expressing yourself or whatever kids care about these days. Soooo yeah.

Magical Senshi

Vrazhe

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

۞ ♯1.People usually go for unique art.In case you haven't realized, that is why, most people say not to draw anime.

2. I said to shorten it. Not many people like reading piles of words that just lead to one meaning. And also, i said to do it in a simple manner, mainly because it doesn't bore us to death. Nobody wants to read high Enlgish if its boring. If she wants to keep that, then fine, at least brighten it, make it seem more attractive, add short paragraphs--Blah. But thats not important so no need to really aim at that.

Humans are different, you can't choose their ideas for them and tell them what to do and not what to do. If you can't elaborate but can talk sophisticated to your suiting then i have no idea what standard you have to me.

You could learn the masters but if you never show your feelings through art you'll never get further in. People envy emotional art. Sure, learn the foundations but that doesn't mean don't put your emotions through.
What matters to you and me are total different things so i don't know why your arguing over something so pointless! ۞

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´
I used to draw anime....I still do sometimes (I like it) but THANK GOD I stopped when I did.

It's not about "drawing anime is bad!" before anime, it was "drawing cartoons is bad!". You can draw anime, and you can draw cartoons, but if you want to grow as an artist, you need to learn the "WHY"

Why you draw hair that way, why the eyes are spaced that way, why you draw that little curve when you bend the arm. Etc.

Learning the "why" part will make your art BETTER, even if you like to draw anime, it will help to learn to draw from life fist, then you can break it down and simplify/ stylize. This is what the article is stressing, not "OMG GUYS ANIME SUX".

I work as a VisDev/ Character design artist now for a game company and couldn't be happier, and I KNOW I never would have gotten there if I hadn't stopped and looked closer.

Good luck to all you young artists out there! Keep learning, I know I will be smile
II Vanilla-Chan II
lol

First of all... this article is short. It's short, to the point and pretty damn simple. Really, it can be understood even by a person with a relatively weak grasp on the English language. Don't try to simplify everything. Dumbing everything down will eventually make you dumb yourself, and it's not something you should want.

But yeah, no more off-topic. I'm gonna repeat myself: this whole "you need to stop drawing anime" thing got nothing to do with uniqueness. It got nothing to do with "different people have different opinions". It got nothing to do with ideas. It also got nothing to do with "what people usually go for". It got nothing to do with feelings. The point of this article is this: if you want to get anywhere with your art, then you need to learn foundations, because if you use an already distorted image as your foundation then you're just going to have a house built on sand and it doesn't work.

...Seriously, why so many people try to shove feelings everywhere? I know that teachers are always going to take educational system in the wrong direction, but for crying out loud, for the past few years it's slowly been getting ridiculous. However, you got one thing right. What matters to you and me are total different things. Which, contrary to what you might think, is not a bad thing. Because people are different, have feelings, yadda yadda. The point is, this thread is about a specific group of people. If you don't belong to this group, then... well, what is said here doesn't really concern you, so I don't see why you'd want to go against what's said here.

I sincerely apologize for making such a long post. Har. Har.

Magical Senshi

Vrazhe

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

۞ ♯I know all of that, i'm simply putting my own opinion.
And yeah thats true. Lets just stop arguing over simple matters.

I'm an artist myself, and use anime drawings thats why i will go against it. I'm not stupid enough to go against something i do. Long post? You wish, i've done longer posts than that.
I just hate long posts that have big writing, or at least, normal writing like mine. And by big ,i mean more than 2 paragraphs. ۞

`•.•●•۰• ••.•´

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas