Welcome to Gaia! ::

What brand do you prefer? (if you actually used any of these)

Wacom Cintiq 0.66666666666667 66.7% [ 2 ]
Yiynova 19" Tablet Monitor VESA 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 1 ]
Bosto 22HD 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Monoprice Tablet Monitor 19'' pen dislpay 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Sony Vayo Fit Flip 15'' 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Other(if so tell me, I might not know about it) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]

Friendly Lunatic

So I'm a traditional artist, and like most of the traditional artists I know, to use a regular tablet is a huge pain. It's not that I can't do "my thing", but I feel like I can't do it 100%.
So I'm looking forward to buy me a screen tablet. All of us would die to have a Wacom Cintiq, but that is so expensive for me now that I need to look up for other brands. But with all the views and reviews it's hard to know each one is the best to buy.
I want at least a 19'' screen. (And I did felt tempted to go for a Sony Vayo Fit Flip 15'', cause I'll probably need to buy a new pc if my mac can't be fixed. So that's why it is on the poll too.)

So what I want here is to know your experience from them(or other you use), and what are your issues with it, if you are happy with it or if you sent it back to where it came from, or if you wished you had. yum_puddi

Friendly Lunatic

Friendly Lunatic

Friendly Lunatic

Friendly Lunatic

Gracious Abductee

You might find that you won't actually get the control you're looking for. Other than the Cintiq I don't know of a screen tab that is dedicated to just art. Some devices only work with a specific kind of stylus and you won't get the pressure sensitivity you get with a regular tablet. I've only used an off brand screen tablet, but it was android powered, and there was a lack of good programs to use for art, just kids basic draw with your finger ones.

I can see a pro of it being that you are looking directly at what you're drawing, but personally I think they have more draw backs then anything else. That's not to say someone won't post in here with more positive things to say about them.

Friendly Lunatic

Sapphire-Youn

Have you checked the examples I give on the poll? There are others yes, and most of this tablets are for art. They are cintiqs substitutes...(some are even happier with those then with the cintiqs...)
I'm not talking about android powered tablets, I do have one, probably one of the best there is, but they are nice as a sketchbook, at least for me, cause it has a 10.1' screen. and I'm used to draw on big size paper. So it is really annoying to use it for extended periods of time...
And yes i'm looking more like pro working stuff then kids toys where they color with their fingers...

O.G. Partier

The Monoprice and Yinyova alternatives seem to get a lot of whispers on the grapevine, and while I've heard they're just as good, I've also heard very different things on reviews that make it clear neither's offerings are really perfect.

But they are a shitton cheaper than a Cintiq, and that speaks for itself. I wish I had any personal experience to offer, but Cintiqs are all I've tried and even then not much. Transitioning to a regular tablet is hard, but if your budget is lower than any of the alternatives it might be something to try - there are exercises and activities to help that transition. Nowadays in the age of the tablet pc and the cintiq as a reigning king, people forget how long it can take. I took about 3 months to get used to a tablet at all at first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff