Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Shanna66
i prefer traditional just because i have more fun making it. as for what i like to look at it doesnt really matter.

There's this too. I agree with this. Working with actual materials is much more fun than just working with a computer.
I actually really like the feel of working with traditional materials, and the more direct control it involves. Digital art is also fun in some respects, and it's nice to already have a picture on the computer without worrying about scanning and editing (especially in large format, ugh), but at the same time it feels quite a bit more tedious to me. Digital art does, however, have the awesome advantage of color palettes and different tools at the click of a button. The pain in the a** that is mixing colors and cleaning brushes is what makes me dislike painting.

Dapper Spotter

Traditional illustration and printmaking are my preference.
Although I like some digital artists, it's otherwise not my thing at all. I found from some experience in working with computers that it felt like a cold, and impersonal medium.

Vicious Grabber

IronSpike
x-xX iAnime Xx-x

Ok ok i get ur point i agree with u too but that was just my point of view sweatdrop

Your point of view is provably wrong.

Digital art isn't easier. Nothing is done for you. Only someone with little to no experience with digital paint programs can tell themselves this.

The primary advantages of digital coloring are speed, ease of transfer to print, universal palettes, and the fact that it's safer than traditional paints. The tools are easier to deal with. The execution is not.

This totally @_@

O.G. Partier

I prefer digital because the computer draws it for me. It's really convenient because it bypasses that pesky need to study or put effort into anything. I can't draw a circle or line with a pencil, but man, you'd never know from how my photoshopped stuff turns out.

Anyone who says digital stuff isn't way easier is just insecure because they know they'd never be able to create the same kind of thing traditionally. It's why you never see top digital artists drawing traditionally - none of them actually can!

Obsessive milonguera

Kaiser-chan
I prefer digital because the computer draws it for me. It's really convenient because it bypasses that pesky need to study or put effort into anything. I can't draw a circle or line with a pencil, but man, you'd never know from how my photoshopped stuff turns out.

Anyone who says digital stuff isn't way easier is just insecure because they know they'd never be able to create the same kind of thing traditionally. It's why you never see top digital artists drawing traditionally - none of them actually can!

Since I upgraded my Photoshop, I only need to type in the description and it does all by itself. Turns out great. I see you use it too. 3nodding

IRL Cat

tab I'm sorry, but
tab tab tab I don't meet the height REQUIREMENT to
ride
{your} emotional rollercoaster.

PanchuuSays

Both traditional and digital art require some amount of skill. The two are very different...you can be amazing at traditional art, but still take years to get use to digital art. And of course, vice versa.
I don't think being good at traditional style arts shows whether you actually have skill. Many digital artists who may not be the best at traditional art are just as, if not more knowledgeable.

Dangerous Noob

Digital drawing/painting is actually hard because my brain doesn't seem to be configured to draw on the Photoshop.

On the other hand I'm good with digital design and abstract and photomanipulation and etc.

Go figure.

Charming Cultist

33,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
I like both, even if I am le crap at digital painting. Learning traditional painting should help me in theory. #.#

Sweet Lunatic

I like both styles if done well artistically 3nodding
If i'm making the art then I would prefer doing it traditionally since it's easier for me....not a very good digital artist here....can't even do a decent stick figure v_v" sweatdrop
I still like to see the process in which the artist create that piece of art =)

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
A.D.1492
Kaiser-chan

Since I upgraded my Photoshop, I only need to type in the description and it does all by itself. Turns out great. I see you use it too. 3nodding

maybe i should get photoshop, i cant find any good tutorials for corel that tell me how to get the computer to do all that anatomy stuff for me. all the tutorials for that are for photoshop and sai
Art is art. No matter how it's created.

Now back on topic: Both traditional & digital.

Chatty Noob

Personally I love traditional art. Aside from the fact that I myself only use traditional media there is just something about using paints, inks, pencils and watching it all come together physically.

I have a great respect for digital media however and I feel that anyone to be a truly great digital artist must also have a large grasp of traditional art, so really it all ties together.

Aged Noob

15,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
....they art will look the same if they can't draw on traditional or digital o_O wtf

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
I'm varied.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers