Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
~~~~i personally think traditional drawing is better cause u can tell weather the person is talented or not while anyone can use digital drawing to make a simple drawing into somthin nice ~~~~~

Obsessive milonguera

Drawing is not a skill confined to a single medium.
If you can draw, you will be able to draw with a pencil, or a rusty nail or digital art.
If you cannot draw, people will know it even if you use digital drawing.

And not everyone can make good digital art. Digital tools aren't doing any magic without the skill/ knowledge/ idea of the person using them.

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
A.D.1492
Drawing is not a skill confined to a single medium.
If you can draw, you will be able to draw with a pencil, or a rusty nail or digital art.
If you cannot draw, people will know it even if you use digital drawing.

And not everyone can make good digital art. Digital tools aren't doing any magic without the skill/ knowledge/ idea of the person using them.

If theres a "like" button i wud have liked ur comment 3nodding
x-xX iAnime Xx-x
~~~~i personally think traditional drawing is better cause u can tell weather the person is talented or not while anyone can use digital drawing to make a simple drawing into somthin nice ~~~~~

Everything that I've highlighted in red is just absolute bullshit.

EDIT:

As far as drawing goes, I am a firm traditionalist. I absolutely adore charcoal. I love the way it blends, and I am highly amused by how dirty I get because of it.

As far as painterly things go, I'm kind of split between digital and traditional. I hate cleaning up paint, but one thing that digital painting lacks that traditional painting doesn't is a dimensional surface. When I paint traditionally, I use oil paints. I love running my hand over the dry paint. However, I think digital painting wins by a smidgeon for me.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

I don't think it matters though I am more familiar with traditional mediums. I've been playing with copics the last couple of years.
I like both, if done well.
Digital art takes just as much skill as traditional, the computer doesn't magically draw it for you.

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Trainer Iris
x-xX iAnime Xx-x

Everything that I've highlighted in red is just absolute bullshit.

EDIT:

As far as drawing goes, I am a firm traditionalist. I absolutely adore charcoal. I love the way it blends, and I am highly amused by how dirty I get because of it.

As far as painterly things go, I'm kind of split between digital and traditional. I hate cleaning up paint, but one thing that digital painting lacks that traditional painting doesn't is a dimensional surface. When I paint traditionally, I use oil paints. I love running my hand over the dry paint. However, I think digital painting wins by a smidgeon for me.

Ok ok i get ur point i agree with u too but that was just my point of view sweatdrop
x-xX iAnime Xx-x

Ok ok i get ur point i agree with u too but that was just my point of view sweatdrop

Your point of view is provably wrong.

Digital art isn't easier. Nothing is done for you. Only someone with little to no experience with digital paint programs can tell themselves this.

The primary advantages of digital coloring are speed, ease of transfer to print, universal palettes, and the fact that it's safer than traditional paints. The tools are easier to deal with. The execution is not.
I like both style
Traditional for actually creating the drawing or any other work that won't be digital (Duh).

I favour digital, however, for colouring because it's mostly risk free when experimenting. I also love layers and the Undo button.

Conservative Sex Symbol

i like both for different reasons.
on computers you can backtrack & mess with layers, & that is always a plus.
but with something more traditional you sometimes are forced to work in your flaws & that gives it more character.

Rainbow Werewolf

I'm a digital person simply because I don't have to move or clean up after.
I'm a digital artist, I adore drawing on the computer. I love having a bunch of colors to choose from, options, layers, and that AMAZING color picker tool. Though, digital art is no cake walk. It takes a lot of practise and hard work to understand your program.

Though, I use traditional mediums for sketches, life drawings, and such.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
i prefer traditional just because i have more fun making it. as for what i like to look at it doesnt really matter.

Dapper Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
x-xX iAnime Xx-x

Both traditional and digital art require a lot of skill to actually look good. Digital art is not that simple...I've tried lol. I prefer traditional art, but only because I don't have any resources to really get into digital art. I would definitely like to learn to digitally draw one day though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff