• Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Aureilias
Shanna66
Aureilias
TarotBunny
Aureilias
I've not had to deal with thieves yet as I'm not so good but I saw something interesting today in ESK.
In their art supply aisle they had canvases with greyscale prints on them -monet's water lilies, the mone lisa, etc and the idea is you use the cheap paint included to paint over them to create your own knock-off.

Who on earth would want that on their wall?? emotion_facepalm

Was it a painting by numbers set? lol

I've seen massive paint by numbers sets at the mall.. Like they'd give you like 50 colors packed in those weird containers where they're all conjoined by plastic-- and you get this huge template with tiny a** numbers and you spend a big chunk of your time squinting and matching the colored numbers. OTL To be honest I thought the whole painting by numbers kit trends died but I guess people are still interested in buying that crap.

Nope, just grey scale, which is what I found weird, because wouldn't the image disappear after they do the base?? Maybe it was translucent paint and not cheap acrylic.
Gah, I hate those paints that are all joined together, I always end up splatting all the paint when I open them.
I don't see any merit or reward in paint by numbers. I don't understand the achievement but then my little sister always brought those felt lined colour by numbers of cats and stuff. So tacky.

well if you are a little kid or enjoy the act of painting but dont enjoy making art things i can see the use for paint by numbers. they arent any different from a coloring book

i did paint by numbers alot when i was little before i was good at drawing horses myself

I guess so but I just didn't feel any achievement or enjoyment by doing it- it's most likely just personal choice then and some children must feel proud of their work. I don't remember using colouring books very often either. Maybe this is why I'm pretty naff at colouring XD

i was never good with them but i enjoyed them before i was able to draw a decent picture myself, or was in a long car ride and thought i wouldnt get motion sick for some reason. i dont remember feeling proud of them or anything but i remember i thought they were fun

Divine Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
This hasn't happened to me yet

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Surprisingly I have had someone copy my work before. I found it kind of amusing since it was something I drew back in 2004. I wasn't really bothered since it was a fanart, but I think it might annoy me if it was something more original.

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Well...I haven't had anyone copy my art...not to my knowledge, anyway. I don't think they would want to, anyway. My art isn't exactly high art.

I understand if they have no artistic skills and need guidance if they eyeball things...until they post it on the internet and call it their art. If you're doing that to learn, then that's just fine, but to pass it off as your own is wrong. When I was learning more about art styles (particularly anime), I would pause the TV screen on "Sailor Moon" and draw the still...but I didn't try to say "HEY, LOOK I DREW THIS, ISN'T IT THE GREATEST?".

It makes me angry, too...a lot of those people are just people with no skills trying to get famous quickly, without putting effort into their work. I wouldn't get too bothered by it, even though it's wrong...
Magdelynne
Well...I haven't had anyone copy my art...not to my knowledge, anyway. I don't think they would want to, anyway. My art isn't exactly high art.

I understand if they have no artistic skills and need guidance if they eyeball things...until they post it on the internet and call it their art. If you're doing that to learn, then that's just fine, but to pass it off as your own is wrong. When I was learning more about art styles (particularly anime), I would pause the TV screen on "Sailor Moon" and draw the still...but I didn't try to say "HEY, LOOK I DREW THIS, ISN'T IT THE GREATEST?".

It makes me angry, too...a lot of those people are just people with no skills trying to get famous quickly, without putting effort into their work. I wouldn't get too bothered by it, even though it's wrong...

I whole heartedly agree. It's perfectly acceptable to use a refrence photo, hell, I still do that for my drawings class, but I don't trace over it or try to make it look exactly like the scene in the picture. I say "hmm...those leaves look interesting, maybe I could try something like that." Learning to draw or paint or anything takes practice: trial and error. If you don't go through that you'll never grow. People that just trace or copy a compleat image piss me off, but after a while I'm just like "anyone can see that it's a knock off so they're just making a fool of themselves. My assistance for that isn't really needed."

And I havn't had anything copied as well...that I know of... stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces