Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hate it when i realize they are using gradients. I really dislike them, especially if they are used in a shading process.
When people cant draw hands, feet, or two eyes that look almost the same, so they either hide them or one -_-"
People who constantly say "I did this quickly/sketchily/not to the best of my ability, but please critique it as such anyhow." Grr, that's not an excuse for posting poor quality work.

And I don't see this much any more, but I dislike art that is just a photo redone in pencil, maybe with some minor edits. Yes, they are often done skillfully. Probably better pencil work than I can pull off. But pure technical skill doesn't say much about a person as an artist.
Flat-looking generic anime-styled drawings with no life bothers me the most, as people always assume that bodily, facial and other contours are suddenly thrown out the window once they are in the anime phase.

Another thing, please don't call it art when it's something you quickly sketched in 5 mins with no consideration to composition. It irks me when the character is just floating on air, and the "art" itself has no meaning. It's an IDEA, but it's not ART. Refine it first. Look up the meaning of 'art' (not in the visual sense, but of action. ie. Martial Arts, Art of Conversation, etc.) and one will see that it is the actual procedure that is essential.
Overuse of blushing.
Extremely bad color coordination, red doesn't go with pink people! And pink with orange is just not stylish! Choose two or three characters and role with it that way. Don't make your character have bright blue hair and have a yellow outfit with tan skin... it just DOESN'T WORK
Pretty Intense, the pixie item your wearing is a combination of pink and red. Red in the middle, outlined in pink. Not to mention, I have seen some wonderful pictures put together with orange and pink, considering this is a common color combo for sunsets. I'd like to know where you came up with such hatred for colors when your using them yourself.
it bothers me when....
every picture an artist makes has the same face/angle everything
only difference may be the hairstyle/clothes lol;

same applies for poses

Fashionable Genius

6,875 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Not much actually bothers me in other people's art. I suppose...the worst things would be tracing and claiming work that isn't yours, beyond the age of...say...12.

Beyond that...*shrug* I'm fairly forgiving.

@Pretty_Intense - Actually, certain reds and pinks actually DO go well together, I would think Valentine's Day would tell us that much. Pure reds, and burgandy reds actually go with pink rather well, it's the orange side of red that doesn't usually go with pink.
Pretty_Intense
Extremely bad color coordination, red doesn't go with pink people! And pink with orange is just not stylish! Choose two or three characters and role with it that way. Don't make your character have bright blue hair and have a yellow outfit with tan skin... it just DOESN'T WORK

ANY colors can work well together, if you hit the right balance and tone.
When people don't draw eyebrows. White background after white background after white background. Bishi boys that might as well be girls with a flat chest.

Generous Humorist

11,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
Kafaid
it bothers me when....
every picture an artist makes has the same face/angle everything
only difference may be the hairstyle/clothes lol;

same applies for poses

This.

Also realistic fur anthro/furry art.
Plus huge shiny anime eyes.