Welcome to Gaia! ::

I hate it when I see in anime styles in which they draw no nose :l It bothers me to no end, and I feel like hitting the artist for that(Unless it's chibi XD) Also, when, in whatever style, the pupils aren't drawn D:
Anyways, what's what bothers you in that kinda cases? XD

Anxious Repairman

11,825 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

I hate when all someone ever draws is fanart, or when they copy/trace/eyeball something and consider it art and original D;
User Image

You make me sick...

♥ Haha, yeah, that sucks too :c
Original > Fanart.♥

... Because I adore you so
Why is fanart so bad? I mean, if it's drawn well and it's original then what's the problem? Yes, fanart can be original. I drew a unicorn House once~ 8D *Shot.*

Anyway, the generic 'kawaii anime desu~' crap annoys me. I mean, I can appreciate anime/manga styled art, just not when it involves overly huge sparkly eyes, boobs that have their own gravitational pull and random animal parts on it to make it look 'cute'. Ugh, yuck. Get some originality, people!

Also, I hate, hate, HATE it when people draw hands behind backs or placed in pockets (usually done extremely badly). Yeah, so you can't draw hands? Then PRACTICE. I don't think people realize that it makes their art look amatuer and lazy when they hide hands. =/ I'd rather see badly drawn hands then not see them at all.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The only thing that bothers me are copies and edits...

I'm envious of people who can draw bodies, even if they are not even that great. -_-

Invisible Gekko

8,275 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Invisibility 100
xXxXNeverMoreXxXx

I hate when all someone ever draws is fanart, or when they copy/trace/eyeball something and consider it art and original D;
This.
I dont know if this goes here butttt....

I hate it when people like, take real actors and use them to portray someone in perhaps one of their books, or like someone in a book series. It bugs the crap out of me. I mean, yeah, doing it for vidding is all well and everything, but obsessing about finding an actor or actress to BE the character for you. It bothers me. Draw them? Alright, that's fine. But manip stuff to make someone be them? No. It's different if a book is going to be a movie or something, and the casting has yet to be determined. It bothers me a lot.

As far as drawing is concerned? When an artist doesn't attempt to clean up their work at all. A bit sketchy is okay, depending on the artist/style, but when its a complete mess? No no no.

Oh and ART THEFT! Obviously. LOL

I can't think of anything else right now. O.o
One thing that really bothers me is when I see a really popular artist, who also makes good art... but is horrible when it comes to any basics of what he draws. For examples - he draws humans, but doesn't know anatomy. He draws furries, but has no idea how animal anatomy works. Draws scenery, but doesn't know a crap about perspectives.

It just sets wrong standards for youngsters. I once also thought "once I get to this level, I'll be famous...!!" and now that I look back at some of these 'artists', I just want to bang my head to the wall.
Xanexe

Anyway, the generic 'kawaii anime desu~' crap annoys me. I mean, I can appreciate anime/manga styled art, just not when it involves overly huge sparkly eyes, boobs that have their own gravitational pull and random animal parts on it to make it look 'cute'. Ugh, yuck. Get some originality, people!

This! D8

I hate the moe-style template. It's so boring and unoriginal. Especially when they only put a dot for a nose & a mouth. I remember in the 90's, anime character ACTUALLY had noses. Nowadays, their non-existant in non-chibi form. Wtf?

Also that rash thing where they put it on the cheeks & elbows and stuff and add a little white dot for a shiny effect. It turns me off honestly. It makes them look like plastic, imo.
User Image

You make me sick...

♥ Lol, Yeah, the cat-girls and stuff :l that's like, the most typical style in anime ;; and yay, someone else commented with the noses stuff D:♥

Lol, I'm totally guilty of the blush + nose thing. XDDD It's only one of the styles I do, though--in other styles, I do draw noses and leave the blush out. Dl Just depends on what kind of piece I want to do.
I really really really dislike it when someone draws anime, but uses messy thick lines, paired with coloring/shading that doesn't even work the way its supposed to. X_X Like it doesn't blend or contrast well with the skin.
It's just... a turn off. The colors don't even go that well together, and it looks just... icky.
I also hate when people think an artist is sooo great when they really just steal art+draw over it with their own character. :I
User Image

You make me sick...

♥ Lol, looks like I am the only one who is in love with thick lines XD
Yeah, when people do that with the characters, it sucks xD I've seen it a million times with Naruto characters :l and its like LOL LOOK @ MY NEW OC!! 8D SHE IS OSM♥

Fashionable Shopper

7,450 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Come to think of it, no certain type of art pisses me off, only certain types of artists. I think every single style with the pink body rashes and noseless thick-lined goodness can be nice art, depending on the skill of the artist. (obviously art theivery is something I hate, but that not a style. >_< )

I dunno if this counts, but I hate when an artist draws chibis and can only draw chibis but still thinks they're perfect at "anatomy". I get chibi overload after a while.

Btw, I love thick black line-art. :3

Strigoii's Partner

Dapper Lunatic

13,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
^^; I'm guilty of the thick lines (still working on my line art) and I like the "rash thing"/blush... I just wouldn't over use it (once I get the hang of using a painting program sweatdrop ).

Just when the human anatomy (not referring to chibi because I guess the buggy-eye, lollipop thing applies to that style) seems out of proportion or if a pose seems like the character dislocated a limb or twisted a joint. (This is particularly one of the things I take forever with when drawing any of my characters.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff