Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legal Rehab's avatar

IRL Millionaire

9,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
I see it in a lot of Warhol stuff but I've seen it in a couple fashion ads recently
and I thought it'd be cool to try
. Anyway, here's what it looks like.
Any takers?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Albino Sea Monkey's avatar

Original Lunatic

I call it "drunk".

sketchedexistence's avatar

Interesting Dabbler

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I was thinking maybe multiple exposure or something. There's stuff online for how to create the effect in Gimp- >Possible resource. I think with film, it might depend on how long you keep the shutter open and have the model move during the process. I'm not really camera savy- only have taken one film photography class, so I'm still stuck on the basics. sweatdrop Hope that helps slightly, though.
Sat-AM_Reject's avatar

4,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
It's called duplicating the image and displaying it at varying opacities in different positions on the image.
kwahoo's avatar

Diamond Phantom

14,200 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sweatdrop I forgot what this is actually called (flash burst maybe?), but what it is, is you leave your shutter open and pop your flash a couple of times. Almost all newer speedlights have a setting on them that will let you do this.
Drunk,dizzy por crystal eyes? I think the dwarves in Snow White had that vision when they put crystals up to their eyes.

The only thing that's brought up something on google images for me (with very few results)is Kaleidoscope Photography Effect.

I don't think it's essential to know the name though since Sam-AM has told you the basic rundone of how to do it in photoshop.

To do it traditionally(would that be the right word?) you might be able to find a lens you can put over your camera to create the effect. I've even just found easier ways without having to buy much.


I just typed kaleidoscope camera lens into Google.
Uronoro's avatar


It's called duplicating the image and displaying it at varying opacities in different positions on the image.

User ImageThis, basically. Very easy to create.

Well, on a computer.
Miramelle's avatar

Friendly Heckler

You can buy a multi-prism lens for your camera that does that. I assume that's what Warhol was using (unless it's a manual darkroom technique).

Quick Reply

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games