Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cranking my drawings up a notch, so I thought getting a tablet was a good aproach.
Anyone know of a good tablet w/ reasonable pricing? Software recommendations. &/or tips I that can better a begginer like me, are appreciated
. sweatdrop
The ideal beginner's tablet is a Bamboo Create, made by Wacom. It's relatively cheap, high quality, and the stylus won't require a battery, like in lesser brands.

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
IronSpike
The ideal beginner's tablet is a Bamboo Create, made by Wacom. It's relatively cheap, high quality, and the stylus won't require a battery, like in lesser brands.

Are you able to trace pictures with this brand?

Fashionable Ladykiller

11,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
Hi AshIey
IronSpike

Are you able to trace pictures with this brand?

How do you mean?

Sparkly Vampire

4,850 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
i wan't one crying
IronSpike

Thank you! & if you don't mind me asking, what software -based off of your opinion- works well along side?

Rich Smoker

9,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Consumer 0
a tablet is easy to get used to with practice and brands don't really matter once you get used to them. Just make sure you read the specs, pressure sensitivity, resolution, and drawing area is something you need to put attention to.
Mine is a genius I405 with 1024 pressure levels and 2540 lines per inch and remember to have a good graphics card.
Der_Kapitan_Javy
a tablet is easy to get used to with practice and brands don't really matter once you get used to them. Just make sure you read the specs, pressure sensitivity, resolution, and drawing area is something you need to put attention to.
Mine is a genius I405 with 1024 pressure levels and 2540 lines per inch and remember to have a good graphics card.

Thank you for the advice. Pressure sensitivity & a good graphics card are two that I especially need to keep in mind, so this was well appreciated. 3nodding
When you say "lines per inch", may you please explain that to me? sweatdrop

Rich Smoker

9,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Consumer 0
avantr3i
Der_Kapitan_Javy

Thank you for the advice. Pressure sensitivity & a good graphics card are two that I especially need to keep in mind, so this was well appreciated. 3nodding
When you say "lines per inch", may you please explain that to me? sweatdrop

have you seen that magazine print outs are made of dots? well the more dots in one inch the more resolution.
avantr3i
IronSpike

Thank you! & if you don't mind me asking, what software -based off of your opinion- works well along side?

That really depends on what you want to do.

If you're interested in making comics, Manga Studio EX is the hands-down winner.
If you want to digitally paint or color, Paint Tool SAI, Photoshop and Painter are good options.
If you want to sculpt digitally, try Sculptris.

Digital tablets are like hammers. They'll work with any nail; it's up to you to choose the right nail for the job and learn how to swing at it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff