Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi everyone,
I was just thinking about traditional art and digital art and I was wondering what you all prefer

I only do traditional because I don't have a tablet or any program on my laptop.
I also really love the feel, and how you can really see the work put into it. (at least I think)

But if you really think about, it I see more and more digital artists everyday. Its really cool, and maybe that will be like a new art-form will see in galleys, if we haven't seen it already!

I know a couple of people from my school who do art on tablets and they love it!
As well as people that prefer a pencil and paper.

so I wanted to ask you guys what you thought about the topic!

Irregular Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Marathon 300
I really love both, I love the feel of the paper and the soft shadings, and for digital art I love how the colors are bright, or dark; its just really cool to make something 3D and 2D isn't so bad either.

Lonely Survivor

I like both traditional and digital. But I guess I'd have to say that traditional would be my go to because I seem to be entranced when I draw and when I try to design things.

Dapper Striker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • First step to fame 200
Well, I'm definitely way more used to traditional art, so I prefer it over digital art most of the time. But art is art and as long as I get the feeling of accomplishment for creating something original, I'm cool with it. 4laugh
I know some people who don't consider digital art "real" art....whatever that means. Dunno, it seems like people think the program used to create the art is what does all the work, but its really the artist. Strange that a lot people don't seem to get this. confused
I prefer traditional. 3nodding I tried doing digital for a few years, and it just made me kind of dizzy? XD I don't know... but I just LOVE paper and pencils and paints ;-;

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I love both amd I prefer mixing and enchancing the two with eachother lately.
In the end,I want good end result and have presentable end product.

Shy Garbage

I started out with traditional drawing.
I still do it from time to time when i'm outside,
but digital art is also nice.
It's a great and a whole new experience.
Both. I have alot of fun with just about any media. Neither traditional or digital are superior to one another. If in the right hands there is amazing work everywhere in every medium. I like to encourage people to experiment with different mediums, I was mainly digital until a oil painting class I had showed me how much fun playing with different media can be.

I do pencil, ink, oil paint, oil pastel, watercolor, charcoal and so on but I also like to work digitally (been a while though, just got back into it). The learning curve with digital is kind of difficult for me, because of the disconnect of the eye and where the hand is, but I'll get better eventually.

Blessed Vampire

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
I like digital art more. But thats probably because I am not so good at it. Most people tell me to stick with traditional cause it looks better. But I think I will try to have a go at digital again, after I updated my hardware. biggrin

Divorced Phantom

13,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Divorced 100
User Image
( づ。◕‿ ‿◕。)づ( づ。◕‿ ‿◕。)づ

I love both! Of course digital has a smoother look and since it's on the computer already you don't have to worry about taking a picture and making sure it's a good quality pic or not.
I only do traditional myself, because I don't have a tablet either and can't afford one right now > .<
It does seem though that everyone that goes to the shops, or people in request forums onlly want traditional. Which is a little sad emo

Dangerous Lunatic

I like both, providing it's good art, it's irreverent what medium is used.

Gracious Vampire

5,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I like both of them, but if i have to choose one...
Traditional art heart
I love veruthing about it. The fells, the work, the passion ect, ect

Fashionable Genius

I have never tried digital art, but I think it is absolutely wonderful that artists are able to create such amazing and beautiful artwork on computers. I don't think I'd ever be able to create something like my traditional art, using the digital mediums.

Of course, I prefer working with paint and canvas, but I certainly wouldn't mind trying a digital medium.
I just wouldn't be willing to buy a tablet that I might not like or want to use.
I like sketching on paper, but I like painting digitally. I started doing digital art because in the long run, it seemed cheaper in terms of materials. Yeah, my tablet cost a good chunk of money, but nothing compared to what I could have spent on other art supplies. Now I just really like the look of it, haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff