Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Phantom

Bump!

Also, the PSG Art tutorial linked on the first page has moved. The current link goes to a page with the new link, but it would be best to update it.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Kyousouka
Bump!

Also, the PSG Art tutorial linked on the first page has moved. The current link goes to a page with the new link, but it would be best to update it.

Thanks for letting me know that. I fixed the link.

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User ImageUser Image

HeyHeyHey, the teacher I work with as a life drawing teacher aid made a new video on gesture drawing (well, I say new, but it's almost a month old now. I just found out about it). Could be helpful for those new to it or don't really know how to do gestures. It's pretty much a step by step guide for beginners, and it's exactly how we teach the freshmen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3QzApLXI4I&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA90F7C36539EC8B2

Tipsy Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Sweet baby Jesus, we need to bump some of these misplaced avi art threads out of here.

Dangerous Raider

8,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
wow! amazing thread, lazy as i am i'm trying to read most of the books and tutorials here
i'm a 4th yr engineering student but i love art and i love to draw a lot. these tutorials and tips really help a lot especially to people w/ drawing as just their hobby. i do some of the things mentioned like observe people ( sometimes maybe too much that i seem creepy cause i stare a lot sweatdrop )

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
            S.O.S. TOO MUCH MISPLACED s**t

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Noob

I was actually wondering if that when people meant DRAW FROM PHOTOS, etc. they meant drawing in a realistic style. I am glad you clarified this and made lots of other suggestions, thank you very much for this post. heart

2,200 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200

SEANYN's Queen

Magical Girl

11,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100

This is an amazing thread.

I used to doodle just for fun until high-school when I was finally able to take art classes. Sadly, I only was able to take Art I & Art II before graduating. Now I just doodle for fun, but I know how badly I need to study composition, lighting, coloring, anatomy, etc. I'm always wanting to improve, but haven't had any good advice given to me. I gave up even sketching or doodling for a couple years because I was so critical of myself and expected to draw great things right off the bat. I am so very glad that someone created this thread and there are so many good pieces of advice here. This has inspired me to learn and study those things that I can improve, and also made me realize that it's going to take practice and no one is going to be amazing right from the start.

Thank you so much!

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Kniros

This is an amazing thread.

I used to doodle just for fun until high-school when I was finally able to take art classes. Sadly, I only was able to take Art I & Art II before graduating. Now I just doodle for fun, but I know how badly I need to study composition, lighting, coloring, anatomy, etc. I'm always wanting to improve, but haven't had any good advice given to me. I gave up even sketching or doodling for a couple years because I was so critical of myself and expected to draw great things right off the bat. I am so very glad that someone created this thread and there are so many good pieces of advice here. This has inspired me to learn and study those things that I can improve, and also made me realize that it's going to take practice and no one is going to be amazing right from the start.

Thank you so much!

This right here is why I posted this thread. Most people want to work hard and improve, but they don't know what to do or how to do it. I'm glad that my thread helped you. Best of luck. heart

Sparkly Lover

Oh man, this is an awesome thread. I'm trying to get into a good grad program at an art school and I really need to get going on my portfolio. This thread just got me all pumped up and motivated!
I've been trying to draw animals from life, recently. I'm staying at friends' house and I'm determined to do sketches of the dog and cat but I have to catch them while they're asleep else they move too much (well, I managed to sketch the cat while she was staring out the window).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff