Welcome to Gaia! ::

bump

get back to the front page
really nice post(OP), and so damn true +1
Thanks for taking the time to write this and include all of the links; it's amazing. Posts like yours are one of the few reasons I'm still on Gaia.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
((If you'd like to skip the rambling just...skip to the sum it up at the bottom. OTL )
yussssss

You have no idea how long I've been searching for great sources like this! /^o^/
I googled many things, but never found what I was looking for.
Found this once, lost the link, D: And I was saddened.
The brilliant news is that I found it again when it was linked in another forum. 8D
I was like
yussss
Later to find out it was actually still on the first page. WtHCK how did I miss that...?
but I digress...

I can't thank you enough 8D
Now I'm reading constructive anatomy, which is a big help already. xD
and the symbolizim tut was a blast to read. And explained soo many things I've been wondering but no one has been able to tell me. :/

Drawing ppl from life will be difficult given I don't have many models. :/ ((no one sits still for five mins aldkjsd))
That should be no problem for the aspiring artist....I'm rambling again. Oh dear emo

Sum it up: Thanks a ton! 8D
I subscribed, think I'll stick around to see what else I can glean from you ppl. Oh Sensei....lulz =w=

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Why are you down here? Back to the top, I tell you!
Doing my share for humanity.
User Image

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Back with you on front page, useful thread

Hygienic Member

Bumpy, bumpy
ooo what a good time.

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,050 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Um, can I just put in my 0.02?
When you're just sitting around, try to memorize what things look like, like how the light plays around the lampshade, how and WHY this part of the book case is shaded and always break it down into shapes. It's REALLY all it is. A book case is a series of rectangles (some circles for knobs or something) and perspective.

You don't necessarily have to draw every single little thing, but you do need to be observant and understand how this works, and why it looks like that.
So again, memorize your surroundings, try to remember as much as you can. It'll help you later on (not just drawing, it's good to be observant overall).
*insert witty bump message here*
Dear thread:

Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you that no other thread should be above you?
Fill my art with gladness.
Take away my badness
Erase my troubles, that's what you do

This has been a bump, brought to you by the letter B.

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Excuse me ma'am, but I do believe I love you.
This is a well constructed thread that explains things that can be understood by beginner artists. I hope they read it and get inspired. It also serves as a good reminder for the more experienced artists as well.
bump.
Too much misplaced s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas