Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok I have a question How do you know if the owner of the art is actually that owner...because someone said I copyed their art but I made mine like years ago. I just don't think it's very fair.
Also, I don't think if you get an idea from an artwork and then try and draw it urself is copying because its you drawing it. I think copyed or not it shouldnt matter ,what if you just want to use the picture and not say you drew it is it ok to post that pic around and you guys are way to strict on the copying thing especially if you think the idea drawing is copying because it's not. confused
I always draw based on another persons anime art. It's not copying, I even change it around a bit. So im going to post my art no matter what because it's my art. mad
princess_reina
Ok I have a question How do you know if the owner of the art is actually that owner...because someone said I copyed their art but I made mine like years ago. I just don't think it's very fair.

With online art it's difficult, because one can't tell what's a rough draft sketch and what is a copy from the original to pretend it's a rough draft sketch.

A good way to figure it out is that the piece is consistant with all the other artwork the person has done. Everyone has their own particular style.

Another good way is that the image on your harddrive in the properties function will tell you when the image was placed onto your computer. It's a good idea to always back up your scanned in work, but even if you have to convert from one hard drive to the next, the "modified date" is usually the last time the image was messed with in some form of editor. You can screencap your properties at high resolution to show the info hasn't been tampered with and challenge the other person to submit a date that predates your modified date. I've used this as evidence when reporting fanfic theft. My fanfics often get stolen...

Quote:
Also, I don't think if you get an idea from an artwork and then try and draw it urself is copying because its you drawing it. I think copyed or not it shouldnt matter ,what if you just want to use the picture and not say you drew it is it ok to post that pic around and you guys are way to strict on the copying thing especially if you think the idea drawing is copying because it's not.

Well... we have a dilemma. The copyists vs. the original artists want to show their own work... and people want to see unique art. They don't want to see neverending copies of the same images over and over. That is boring. I've seen art contests where at least 5 of the 20 pieces submitted were copies of the SAME image. And ALL of them had comments like, "so original!" Original means the first. You can't be the first if someone else did it before you. We don't want to see copies in art arena. We don't want to see copies in Requests and Commissions and other Minishops. The only way a copy will be remotely allowed in Picture post is if the poster said, "Hey... look at how well I copied, here's the original to compare it." BUT people have no personal boundaries when it comes to copying. Not only do they copy from official artwork... but also from struggling artists who are trying to make a name for themselves through their work. It's worse when the copyist gives no credit to these struggling artists and so they steal their praise.

Seeing a gallery of line for line rips of your artwork is just creepy in a stalker/"Talented Mr. Ripley" "Misery" sort of way. (Plot of both movies? Obsessed fan takes over the person's life)

Quote:
I always draw based on another persons anime art. It's not copying, I even change it around a bit. So im going to post my art no matter what because it's my art.

That's called fanart... and it's allowed as long as you don't copy a pre-existing image.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

What pre-existing image did I copy this from? None! It came from my own imagination. I just borrowed Willy and the Oompa Loompas.
Thank you for that wonderful information o.O;;
wow that was exciting!!! razz razz razz razz razz
Okay I thought by original meaning you had to draw it ur self I get it now...
(I'm the ditzyest person on gaia)
I think you did a good job on the drawings .
you know I have a friend that can draw without looking at a picier .
she is so good at it that i bribe her to draw me a pictere.
I think that most teens who are on this site are probuily good at drawing picteres .
nice art work by
heart rofl cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas