Welcome to Gaia! ::

What brand of tablets, other than Wacom, should I include?

Trust 0.12701612903226 12.7% [ 63 ]
Aiptek 0.080645161290323 8.1% [ 40 ]
Digipro/UC Logic 0.090725806451613 9.1% [ 45 ]
Genius 0.32258064516129 32.3% [ 160 ]
Calcomp 0.038306451612903 3.8% [ 19 ]
Other (Please Specify) 0.34072580645161 34.1% [ 169 ]
Total Votes:[ 496 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 46 47 48 >

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Arararagi
Swordy Hero
Arararagi
Not sure if this has been asked before... but OP, which is your favorite?

As far as brands?

I personally prefer Wacom; they provide reliable tablets that work well. But that's just me.

Sorry for the confusion, but I meant more specifically.

In that case, the Intuos4.

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not sure if anyone raised this question, but what kind of nib do you guys prefer to use?

Aged Gaian

Just ordered my first tablet on Thursday. Will be here on Thursday, very excited! It will be used for more graphics more than art but if I find the time I'll end up using it for art as well.

I bought the Bamboo Connect since I'm just a beginner with tablets and I read that it is best to get a cheaper tablet when your using it for light editing and occasional drawing.

Once I graduate from high school I plan on buying a intuos or a better version of a Bamboo. Probably the Create since it has better software options. Though I'll probably just stick with Gimp or maybe download SmoothDraw since it's free and sounds like a good program for a beginner.

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hey,so this is my first time looking at a graphics tablet and I was wondering if their was one that was under maybe 40$ up ti about 60$. Im a beginner and I am hoping to find one for cheap that I can practice on because im tired og ye old pen and pencile.

Aged Gaian

Ninji-kun
Hey,so this is my first time looking at a graphics tablet and I was wondering if their was one that was under maybe 40$ up ti about 60$. Im a beginner and I am hoping to find one for cheap that I can practice on because im tired og ye old pen and pencile.
I haven't seen any under 40 bucks and I've been looking at tablets since last year. The cheapest once I've ever found was the one I purchased, Wacom Bamboo Connect. From what I've read it's for beginners and it's only $70 USD off amazon with free shipping.

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ninji-kun

You won't find any Wacom tablets for that price (unless you go with a factory refurbished one), but you can find some Genius brand tablets that work just fine. Like this one. be aware that that tablet is very small, but it's cheap and it works.

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Swordy Hero
Ninji-kun

You won't find any Wacom tablets for that price (unless you go with a factory refurbished one), but you can find some Genius brand tablets that work just fine. Like this one. be aware that that tablet is very small, but it's cheap and it works.

Well im not to worried about the size, unless that actually matters alot, im new to this so for a beginner im not sure what to do.

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ninji-kun
Swordy Hero
Ninji-kun

Well im not to worried about the size, unless that actually matters alot, im new to this so for a beginner im not sure what to do.

If you like to work on real large works in real life, then it could be an issue. Because, if you like to move your arm a lot and get into it, it can be hard to be cramped in such a small space. It's not something insanely important, but it could be a pain in the butt to get used to for a while.

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Swordy Hero
Ninji-kun
Swordy Hero
Ninji-kun

If you like to work on real large works in real life, then it could be an issue. Because, if you like to move your arm a lot and get into it, it can be hard to be cramped in such a small space. It's not something insanely important, but it could be a pain in the butt to get used to for a while.

Uhhmm im used to smaller sketch pads and I dont get too into it but im sure i can learn to use a smaller one. Thanks for the help
I had a cheap (well, ~100$, but it worked well for the price) Digipro tablet that broke a while ago, and now I'm looking in to a Wacom tablet. My question is, will I notice a big difference in pressure sensitivity/overall quality between a Bamboo and an Intuos4 tablet? I know the Intuos has 2x the pressure sensitivity of the Bamboo, and I'm willing to pay the extra $150 if that will help me get better as an artist, I just don't want to pay for something I don't need.

By the way, thank you for this thread, it's very informative. (:
            Time to get some spam s**t off the front page.

Fanatical Flip-Flopper

17,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Timid 100
Poll Response: Might not apply but I use one called Kanvus (from what I can gather there are 4 types of them but they all seem to do the same thing)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff