Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anybody around here got experience in doing art on paint from multiple angles?

Thieving Rogue

Like MSpaint? And what do you mean by multiple angles? (as in, picasso/cubism multiple angles, or drawing in perspective?)
Reigeckt
Like MSpaint? And what do you mean by multiple angles? (as in, picasso/cubism multiple angles, or drawing in perspective?)

MS and perspective.

Not so much the one that has a vast number of paint styles and a zoom function that pans out further than x1 (like -1, etc.)

Thieving Rogue

Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

MS and perspective.

Not so much the one that has a vast number of paint styles and a zoom function that pans out further than x1 (like -1, etc.)

There's no perspective grid in paint, but if you know how to do it by hand, it should be pretty easy to translate to paint. If you have a tablet, you could even use a ruler ontop of your tablet.
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

MS and perspective.

There's no perspective grid in paint, but if you know how to do it by hand, it should be pretty easy to translate to paint. If you have a tablet, you could even use a ruler ontop of your tablet.

o_o

So dashed all my hopes and dreams of doing side perspective art.......*wallows in obscurity for a few seconds*

Thieving Rogue

Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

MS and perspective.

o_o

So dashed all my hopes and dreams of doing side perspective art.......*wallows in obscurity for a few seconds*

Do you just want to draw something from the side? Cause that'd be a profile shot, and doesn't take a ruler.
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

MS and perspective.

o_o

Do you just want to draw something from the side? Cause that'd be a profile shot, and doesn't take a ruler.

More the entirety of a person from the side, head to toe. Given I tend to suck at hair and shoulders from the side (the hair is the bigger issue for me, but right now it's shoulders and hands and stuff). It's more or less the first humanoid based thing I'm doing with MS Paint.

Green screen of death monitors......Green screen of death monitors...

Thieving Rogue

Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

MS and perspective.

o_o

More the entirety of a person from the side, head to toe. Given I tend to suck at hair and shoulders from the side (the hair is the bigger issue for me, but right now it's shoulders and hands and stuff). It's more or less the first humanoid based thing I'm doing with MS Paint.

Oh okay. That's a bit easier. Drawing in mspaint is pretty much the same as drawing in any other program. THIS might help with the body, the hair things is mostly knowing where the hair line is which is alot easier after you get the shape of the head down. (Warning, there's nudity!)
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

o_o

Oh okay. That's a bit easier. Drawing in mspaint is pretty much the same as drawing in any other program. THIS might help with the body, the hair things is mostly knowing where the hair line is which is alot easier after you get the shape of the head down. (Warning, there's nudity!)

Somehow the head was easier to do, then I started wondering whether or not the shape was right, tried to do a hair on it, all black, somehow that became a problem very quickly, decided to do the whole head again, tried to the hair, and then just decided "OI. MOVE ON TO THE REST OF THE THING!!" Could always touch up after screwing up everything else, hehe...*scratches head* (Srsly I'm very concerned about how paint handles curves drawn with just straight up mouse, so I end up just doing maximum zoom and pointilism, which is how I got the front of the head eventually.)
But yea, thx. At least now I have a full sketch to go on so I don't really have to stress that much about where cloth pieces go.

I REALLY wonder how old Paint handles tablets.....(Has a Blu Studio....can't draw on it cuz it's harder with it being physically smaller and more awkward for me; and the minimum "ink" size being still too large as is.)

Thieving Rogue

Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt
Ulterius Ascendere
Reigeckt

o_o

Somehow the head was easier to do, then I started wondering whether or not the shape was right, tried to do a hair on it, all black, somehow that became a problem very quickly, decided to do the whole head again, tried to the hair, and then just decided "OI. MOVE ON TO THE REST OF THE THING!!" Could always touch up after screwing up everything else, hehe...*scratches head* (Srsly I'm very concerned about how paint handles curves drawn with just straight up mouse, so I end up just doing maximum zoom and pointilism, which is how I got the front of the head eventually.)
But yea, thx. At least now I have a full sketch to go on so I don't really have to stress that much about where cloth pieces go.

I REALLY wonder how old Paint handles tablets.....(Has a Blu Studio....can't draw on it cuz it's harder with it being physically smaller and more awkward for me; and the minimum "ink" size being still too large as is.)

There's other free art programs if you can download them. MyPaint and Gimp are both pretty good and easy to use and so is the free version of Autodesk Sketchbook (I think it's the copic edition on the site). I haven't drawn with a mouse for ages, and would highly recommend getting a program that will work with your tablet.
Reigeckt

There's other free art programs if you can download them. MyPaint and Gimp are both pretty good and easy to use and so is the free version of Autodesk Sketchbook (I think it's the copic edition on the site). I haven't drawn with a mouse for ages, and would highly recommend getting a program that will work with your tablet.

Provided I dun have to face region-lock messages.....Applications.
Not so much a tablet. Just a phone that has a editing function for images that just happens to include drawing.
I checked the new version of Paint awhile back and tried it on this pc. Thing's to obsolete for it. Hopefully these don't have the same hate for still functioning bandwagons that don't really allow for much.
(I think like an old man, I keep using old stuff, I can mostly get my hands on old stuff. I must be really old.....I seriously calm.)

Divine General

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
Hm well since Reigeckt has answered your questions about paint, may I ask, why is it you want to use MSPaint specifically for drawing? (And not having a tablet will make it way harder for you)

Are you interested in learning digital art? Or art in general? smile There are good ways to get into that without being limited by the capabilites of MSPaint (Or the lack of a tablet).
Asteriale
Hm well since Reigeckt has answered your questions about paint, may I ask, why is it you want to use MSPaint specifically for drawing? (And not having a tablet will make it way harder for you)

Are you interested in learning digital art? Or art in general? smile There are good ways to get into that without being limited by the capabilites of MSPaint (Or the lack of a tablet).

Well I've done traditional artwork in the past, some of em coming out well; later......much later; others not really. It's just that I never actually tried to colour my stuff by hand. (Ok, I have but that was a long time ago. *facedesk* As far as traditional painting is concerned......*looks at where all the dried up paint was*)
Then I started to fiddle with MS Paint at work; cuz of the aforementioned green screen of doom monitor in my house; repainting a thing I did on Tektek and being happy with it. Then started doing twisters on a blank sheet, and then started making some metallic ball.....which isn't finished yet. (Me:.....I can friggin paint...)
I probably COULD color the stuff that I drew by hand....by hand, though past experience has led me to not really trust myself that much.....Somehow it ends up messy; ya know, the shades clashing with the line which ends up bringing the black asphalt of the pencil along with it, and markers if pressed too hard tend to leave a bigger mark unless they don't have that much ink (I'm probably one of the tactless few....breaking friggin walls when I don't want to, barely scratching it when I want to) and then ya look at the thing and be all like...............; although redrawing the stuff by hand (or in general) is a better way of improving skill.

But yea, generally I wanna be an artist; as much as I wanna be a storywriter, poet, etc.; as much as I wanna be a programmer (.............a man can dream) so I can put together legitimately awesome stories and gamy gamer steinermun stuff....and clips.

Divine General

10,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
Ulterius Ascendere
But yea, generally I wanna be an artist; as much as I wanna be a storywriter, poet, etc.; as much as I wanna be a programmer (.............a man can dream) so I can put together legitimately awesome stories and gamy gamer steinermun stuff....and clips.
Don't worry, I'm sure you can achieve your dreams smile Actually after all you've said, I understand that maybe your foundations could be strengthened and polished. It is actually more conducive and effective for your learning to start with pencil + paper. Getting your basics down. Digital can slow down your learning, especially if there's only MSPaint and no tablet. It wouldn't help you train your hand as efficiently as traditional will.

When you've got some basics down, you could try good free digital software (e.g. GIMP) and you should have a much better time!

Of course it's only a suggestion. You're free to do it however you prefer 3nodding
Asteriale
Ulterius Ascendere
Don't worry, I'm sure you can achieve your dreams smile Actually after all you've said, I understand that maybe your foundations could be strengthened and polished. It is actually more conducive and effective for your learning to start with pencil + paper. Getting your basics down. Digital can slow down your learning, especially if there's only MSPaint and no tablet. It wouldn't help you train your hand as efficiently as traditional will.

When you've got some basics down, you could try good free digital software (e.g. GIMP) and you should have a much better time!

Of course it's only a suggestion. You're free to do it however you prefer 3nodding

A good point raised nonetheless. Thx.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces