Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Well, as of this moment I have 2 art shops. I can't seem to figure out which one seems more legit. And my second issue is I want to stick with one style, but I don't know which style will attract more people.

Please help me by telling my which one of the following art shops looks more legit,
User Image
Or
User Image

Then please tell me which style do you like more of my art,
Traditional x
or
CG x

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I think there's a rule about not being allowed to use bases for sold art so you may not be able to sell your digital art. I'll go see if I can find it...

Art Shop Rules and Guidelines I think the Image Use and Templates posts pretty much cover that. Unless you can provide proof that you have permission from the original artist that created the work the base was traced from, You're not allowed to use the base in the art shop forum.
Unless you yourself created the bases your digital work is made on.

First thing I noticed about the shops:

The bribe shop is a little hard to read because the light coloured text.

On the other hand the text in the art shop is hard to read because it's so small and it's grey instead of black. You could either make it size 10/11 or make the font darker.

I prefer the layout of the art shop because the information is less scattered about and it just looks nicer in general.

I'm not sure what you mean by legit unless you mean which one looks likely to scam customers since legit is short for legitimate :/

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Aureilias
I think there's a rule about not being allowed to use bases for sold art so you may not be able to sell your digital art. I'll go see if I can find it...

Art Shop Rules and Guidelines I think the Image Use and Templates posts pretty much cover that. Unless you can provide proof that you have permission from the original artist that created the work the base was traced from, You're not allowed to use the base in the art shop forum.
Unless you yourself created the bases your digital work is made on.

First thing I noticed about the shops:

The bribe shop is a little hard to read because the light coloured text.

On the other hand the text in the art shop is hard to read because it's so small and it's grey instead of black. You could either make it size 10/11 or make the font darker.

I prefer the layout of the art shop because the information is less scattered about and it just looks nicer in general.

I'm not sure what you mean by legit unless you mean which one looks likely to scam customers since legit is short for legitimate :/

Oh I see. Well, I thought it was allowed as long as you get the artist permission for the bases. Usually they just tell us to give them credit for the bases and they will be fine.

Ok I will make sure to put those changes into the shop. Oh and I meant by, "Legit" is what will bring in customers more.

Invisible Kitten

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ms Sharra
Oh I see. Well, I thought it was allowed as long as you get the artist permission for the bases. Usually they just tell us to give them credit for the bases and they will be fine.

Ok I will make sure to put those changes into the shop. Oh and I meant by, "Legit" is what will bring in customers more.

Well firstly do you have their express written permission allowing you to use it? And do you follow all conditions they have laid down to allow you to use it? No permission (or can't contact artist) = don't use. That's the rule.
By the way if the base artist traced the base from a picture they didn't own then they're idiots.
That's my little segment on base permissions.

Now personally I prefer the second one. The text in the first one is splashed all over the place as well as light coloured and it feels as if my eyes are drawn everywhere except where I should be looking. In the second shop the alignment is uniform and the colours are obviously coordinated. It's so much nicer to look at. However I agree with Ms. Aurelias; for the somewhat visually impaired the text could be a teeny bit hard to read, but small text seems to be fashionable as of late.
This thread is very good for telling you the do's and don'ts of art shop creation and you can see if your thread is 'legit' there.
Really though, people are only there for art. There can be the most beautiful shop but if the drawings are fugly nobody is going to buy.
I would also advise that you make your samples as prominent as possible for the above reason. Often I browse art shops only to fly straight past the samples, reach the bottom of the page and then have to backpedal through the thread. Your post in the second shop is pretty big, whereas in the first shop I almost completely missed them. Perhaps you could make thumbnails of your sample art or make bigger clicky-things so that people notice them and then don't have to play sharpshooter to look at them. But if you're going to hang on to the second shop then there's no real need for change.
Good luck ^~^

Rich Prophet

12,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Cream Puffnut
Ms Sharra

Well firstly do you have their express written permission allowing you to use it? And do you follow all conditions they have laid down to allow you to use it? No permission (or can't contact artist) = don't use. That's the rule.
By the way if the base artist traced the base from a picture they didn't own then they're idiots.
That's my little segment on base permissions.

Now personally I prefer the second one. The text in the first one is splashed all over the place as well as light coloured and it feels as if my eyes are drawn everywhere except where I should be looking. In the second shop the alignment is uniform and the colours are obviously coordinated. It's so much nicer to look at. However I agree with Ms. Aurelias; for the somewhat visually impaired the text could be a teeny bit hard to read, but small text seems to be fashionable as of late.
This thread is very good for telling you the do's and don'ts of art shop creation and you can see if your thread is 'legit' there.
Really though, people are only there for art. There can be the most beautiful shop but if the drawings are fugly nobody is going to buy.
I would also advise that you make your samples as prominent as possible for the above reason. Often I browse art shops only to fly straight past the samples, reach the bottom of the page and then have to backpedal through the thread. Your post in the second shop is pretty big, whereas in the first shop I almost completely missed them. Perhaps you could make thumbnails of your sample art or make bigger clicky-things so that people notice them and then don't have to play sharpshooter to look at them. But if you're going to hang on to the second shop then there's no real need for change.
Good luck ^~^

Ahh, I see. Ok then I guess I will just use bases for my own personal pleasure. (The reason I use them now is my programs keep crashing on me so I use paint and it is so hard to do poses on paint) Well, thank you for the heads up on that.

I see everyone seems to be liking my 2nd shop. And I do the same thing all the time. So that is very true. I still haven't been able to figure out how to make an icon for my samples. I just want it to be super simple. Oh ha ha I remember that thread. Ya I have been posting in that thread since 2 years ago! xD I stopped for a while cause I was lazy~ -.-Thank you for the advice I will keep it in mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff