Welcome to Gaia! ::

Marytanna's Husband

Perfect Elocutionist

Hey guys!

I need your opinion.

I'm quitting my horrible horrible job in two weeks and I'll be getting a retention bonus (because they held me captive for 3 months) and I'm planning to buy a tablet with the money I'll get from them.

I'm thinking of getting an iPad4. But IDK if it'll be good for drawing things. Can you recommend something better? Or should I just go for an iPad?

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
I'd recommend a Wacom tablet~
The smaller ones are very good, come with awesome programs and are light!
The price varies on place but I know in australia the cheapest one is $150

stonrr's Honey Bun

Naughty Shapeshifter

21,490 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Easley Lighthalzen
Hey guys!

I need your opinion.

I'm quitting my horrible horrible job in two weeks and I'll be getting a retention bonus (because they held me captive for 3 months) and I'm planning to buy a tablet with the money I'll get from them.

I'm thinking of getting an iPad4. But IDK if it'll be good for drawing things. Can you recommend something better? Or should I just go for an iPad?

Hey Eas!

Depending on how much you're willing to spend, Wacom is a very good brand for drawing tablets. Do NOT buy an iPad, while you can use it for drawing in comparison - it's s**t. xd

Now while I have a Bamboo, they appear to have stopped producing those, so your best choices are the Intuos and Cintiq. For a nice tablet I'd look at the Intuos Manga, it should retail $149 but you never know. Or if you have the cash to spend without being bankrupt afterwards, go for the Cintiq 13HD, as it actually lets you draw directly onto your file visually instead of having to look at your monitor, but it'll run you about $1,299.
ignore the comments telling you that you can't do art on an ipad. Its absolute bull spread by people who find drawing on an ipad hard.
I find using a Wacon ridiculously challenging, yet i don't feel the urge to discourage people from learning to use one. Just because one person finds something hard, doesn't mean you will.

If you want to learn to create art on a tablet you do it.
There are some incredible artist out there that do more on a ipad then any user on gaia can do on a Wacon or paper.
Even established, famous artist can see that tablets are simply one of the newest ways of creating art. Getting good at it now will probably serve you well.

Sparkly Capitalist

Easley Lighthalzen
Hey guys!

I need your opinion.

My little sister is rather fond of the Bamboo style tablet. o uo I don't really know much about different brands, but she draws some kick-a** stuff on that thing.
In case you are in doubt about being able to create art with your finger and an ipad

Here is a Video and i challenge any Gaian to prove they can do the same or better on a Wacon.

If you want to become an artist in a particular field it is not the materials you use that will hold you back.

Bashful Bloodsucker

13,025 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I've found my Samsung Galaxy note to be really nice for drawing digitally. You can actually lean your hand on the screen and it doesn't interfere with the drawing. I've just doodled on it a few times but it's actually pretty nice. I'm going to try using the virtual tablet app eventually and see if I can use it with photoshop too

I also have a Waacom Bamboo but I've barely used it and prefer using my mouse, but then again I haven't really given it a fair try. I must say I prefer my Note for drawing digital now.

mothershipp's Husbando

Mind-boggling Galaxy

I agree with the Waacom!

Lonely Spirit

Staples sells Wacom Intuos for surprisingly cheap.
This one is small, pen and touch.
$100 Click

Intuos is more advanced than Bamboo I think.

Scratch that I think they said Wacom Bamboos are called Intuos now, and Intuos5 is called Intuos Pro or something.

Hygienic Shopper

2,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Wacom Intuos is my favourite. smile It's perfect for beginners as well as intermediate.

Distinct Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
agreeing with a couple people i've seen here, i'd say do NOT get an ipad. i'd never get an ipad to count on it to use art. i have a wacom bamboo tablet. it was on sale and i got it for £15. it's small, but it works way better than a mouse.
if you buy something like that, something cheap, you can get a warranty in case it breaks - which it probably won't. i've had mine since like, 2010, and it works perfectly. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff