Welcome to Gaia! ::

How will I ever draw something as amazing and as high quality as most manga!?
crying

Aged Noob

4,050 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
It takes a lot of practice to get as good as the professional manga artist so don't feel discouraged. You'll get there if you keep practicing art everyday. =)
practice, experience, TURORIALS, AND REFRENCES! tutorials and refs are important! http://artist-refs.tumblr.com/ is a ref/tutorial blog i frequent, but on tumblr you can find LOTS more. practice is also very important, even if you feel like you are not improving, you might be! i try comparing my art now to my art before and i can really see a difference.
hope this helps :33 !!!!!!!!!

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Keep in mind professional manga and comic books are not drawn by individuals, but by entire teams. Each country has a preferred way to split up the responsibilities (and within projects team members might figure out their own preferences), but it's extremely rare to read manga that was only touched by one hand. In fact, it's pretty common for mangaka to purchase pre-drawn backgrounds and even character designs. Many artists make their living doing nothing but backgrounds, and are rarely credited within the publication. Furthermore, what you see in the published novels are not what you would see if you subscribed to a weekly magazine in Japan. There are plenty of people whose ONLY job in the industry is to clean up and polish sub-par comics for tankouban printing.

7,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
You can't learn over night, sadly. It takes time and practice to get better. And while it may not seem like you're getting better, if you take the time to look back and previous art of yours, you may notice that your style has improved. C:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff