Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tasty Hero

So a long time ago I started lining a piece using photoshop but then I just forgot about it

So now I have Sai and I don't wanna start all over.
I don't have the actual file but I have WIP pics
I have a pic of the sketch and a pic of the lineart that I actually got done

How do I load another file AS A LAYER
Like.. I wanna load the sketch and then load the lineart as a layer and just continue

Basically...
User Image

I'm at work right now so I can't test out suggestion right now. I will when I get home though

Tasty Hero

Tasty Hero

Tasty Hero

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
If you have the photoshop file, you can just open it on SAI. SAI can open .psd files. If not, then there's really no way you can go about separating the sketch and the lineart if you're working on it as a WIP screenshot.

Tasty Hero

adorkablehiko
If you have the photoshop file, you can just open it on SAI. SAI can open .psd files. If not, then there's really no way you can go about separating the sketch and the lineart if you're working on it as a WIP screenshot.

Nonono that's not what I mean.
Ummm.... I basically want to upload a different file as a layer on top of whatever I already have

I added a visual explanation
User Image

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
LayDeDeadpool
Ummm.... I basically want to upload a different file as a layer on top of whatever I already have

User Image

Oh, so they're two separate files? Well, you just transfer over the lineart on top of the WIP one. Open both and transfer one into the other file. If the lineart is on a transparent background, you'll have no problems. SAI layers are always transparent. Is this what you're asking about?

Tasty Hero

adorkablehiko
LayDeDeadpool

User Image

Oh, so they're two separate files? Well, you just transfer over the lineart on top of the WIP one. Open both and transfer one into the other file. If the lineart is on a transparent background, you'll have no problems. SAI layers are always transparent. Is this what you're asking about?
Uhhh I'll try it when I get home
I'm still at work and I'm BRAND SPANKING NEW at Sai so I'll try it 3nodding 3nodding

Thank you!

Sparkling Garbage

9,525 Points
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
LayDeDeadpool

You're welcome! Good luck with SAI then, freaking amazing.

Smitten Hoarder

17,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Love Machine 150
LayDeDeadpool

just adding my two cents
even if the lineart has a white bg, you can always set layer mode to multiply and then it'l be transparent emotion_yatta

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Nyebe
LayDeDeadpool

just adding my two cents
even if the lineart has a white bg, you can always set layer mode to multiply and then it'l be transparent emotion_yatta

Adding to this as well.
In SAI, you can actually directly obtain a transparent lineart without needing to use the multiply function (useful if you plan to color the lineart).
Just go to Layer>luminance to transparency
and it will give you a black lineart with a perfectly transparent background.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff