Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Counselor

Basically, I want to make graphics again. I asked something similar a long time ago, but I'm coming back to Gaia and want to ensure I understand fully before I start making graphics. I don't want to steal any images or stuff.
I did PM a moderator about this, and here is what they told me:

Quote:
You can use any images you like if you are not charging, unless the artist says otherwise.
When you wish to sell images you can use images you create or images that the artist has given you or the holder permission to use and alter.

Now, to my understanding all stock images are available to use for no profit, i.e. I can't sell them but I can use them if I'm making something for free. Correct or not? And if the author states that you can use their image for commercial use, they must be linked or referenced unless otherwise stated. Right?
My main question is, how do I go about referencing a bunch of images for my graphics? I found a website that allows commercial use of stock images, but they must be referenced unless stated otherwise. What are your methods of referencing? Should I use some small text to state the author's name? Or is it possible to simply link to the website and/or webpage with the image from my shop?

I'm sorry for being dense and naive. I just want to do this the legal and morally correct way smile

[edit] Oh, and my drawing skills suck. I have to use other peoples' images. Or the graphics would have to be really simple, just brushes and stuff.

Blessed Vampire

4,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
If you are just referencing it´s best to give the source for every item you reference. But if you want use stuff done by other people for commercial use it´s best to contact them, make a contract and pay them the royalties for using their stuff for commercial use.

Though I´m not really sure what kind of product you want to do. O.ô

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces