Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Shoujo

So recently, my dad told me to buy whatever tablet I want, and I sought advice from my brother. The two choices we have are..

Wacom Intuos 4/5 medium size and Wacom Bamboo.

Which one do you think would be the better choice? Why?
awww~ congrats! heart

/cries

Glas Kriemhild's Husband

Greedy Partner

knew you could do it. talk to me. we'll figure out specs and s**t

DanieIle's Husbando

Sparkly Fatcat

19,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
💕 The bamboos have been discontinued.
Or more like, they changed their names

So the old intuos are now called "intuos pro"
and the old bamboos are now the "intuos"

So unless you're taking about buying old, second hand wacom tablets?

Ruthless Hellraiser

Well it depends on price.
Bamboos(intuos) are entry level and cost less.
Intuos 5 (intuos pro) is a mid level tablet and is a bit expensive.

Intuos pro is also bigger.

Quotable Lunatic

Polsonechka
So recently, my dad told me to buy whatever tablet I want, and I sought advice from my brother. The two choices we have are..

I've had both, and honestly, if it's your first tablet, I'd recommend the Bamboo (or Intuos as they're called now)

It's a really good and reliable tablet that will last you years and years, I had mine for four years before upgrading permanently to an Intuos (now Intuos Pro), and it still works as well as the day I bought it. There's literally nothing bad I can say about the Bamboo, it works like a charm!

Besides the obvious things like pressure sensitivity, the Intuos Pro series also has much more comfortable grips on their pens (important to me, I have joint problems), the pen on tablet action also feels much more smooth while drawing (but this is a matter of taste). But this also depends a lot on how long you work at a time (I need a tablet for work, so comfort is my highest priority for 8+h of work), or if you're a hobbyist.

For two years, I had an Intuos Pro at work and a Bamboo at home, so I've compared the two a lot. The Intuos pro is well-worth the money, but I'd also recommend it for a more experienced digital artist. If you're a beginner, I think the Bamboo is probably a better 'first tablet' and upgrade to an Intuos Pro when you're sure tablets are your thing!
From experience, I'd recommend choosing a wireless tablet. I used to own a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch but it lasted me over a year due to problems with the cord.
Since Wacom has discontinued their model Bamboo, they now have Intuos Pen/Pen & Touch (I really like both and want either one). They're at a more reasonable price when compared to the Intuos4/5 (now Intuos Pro). If you're not worried about $$$, then I guess go with the Intuos Pro which is believed to have more accessories, features, and all that cool stuff for a more professional formatting.
I'd recommend the Intuos Pen & Touch though if you're only beginning and trying to get a feel of digital art.

Time-traveling Shoujo

Absinthe Venatrix
awww~ congrats! heart

/cries

Depends on the price haha I was shocked when I saw that Intuos costs 18k.

Time-traveling Shoujo

Rylai Inverse
knew you could do it. talk to me. we'll figure out specs and s**t

I showed dad the capabilities of the graphic tablet and it took me a while begging before he agreed haha

Time-traveling Shoujo

Lyanda
💕 The bamboos have been discontinued.
Or more like, they changed their names

So the old intuos are now called "intuos pro"
and the old bamboos are now the "intuos"

So unless you're taking about buying old, second hand wacom tablets?

Well, that might work, too? Which graphic tablet do you use? I recently saw the Bamboo Manga and Anime, would you recommend it?

Time-traveling Shoujo

Yuki Misa Night

Hmm, I see.. I checked the prices here and Intuos pro medium costs around 15k+, and Intuos around 8k+.. I have also thought about Wacom Manga since that would be what I will draw and it's around 6k.. Do you think that the bigger the tablet, the easier it will be to draw?

Time-traveling Shoujo

The Punchline is Lesbian
Polsonechka

I've had both, and honestly, if it's your first tablet, I'd recommend the Bamboo (or Intuos as they're called now)

It's a really good and reliable tablet that will last you years and years, I had mine for four years before upgrading permanently to an Intuos (now Intuos Pro), and it still works as well as the day I bought it. There's literally nothing bad I can say about the Bamboo, it works like a charm!

Besides the obvious things like pressure sensitivity, the Intuos Pro series also has much more comfortable grips on their pens (important to me, I have joint problems), the pen on tablet action also feels much more smooth while drawing (but this is a matter of taste). But this also depends a lot on how long you work at a time (I need a tablet for work, so comfort is my highest priority for 8+h of work), or if you're a hobbyist.

For two years, I had an Intuos Pro at work and a Bamboo at home, so I've compared the two a lot. The Intuos pro is well-worth the money, but I'd also recommend it for a more experienced digital artist. If you're a beginner, I think the Bamboo is probably a better 'first tablet' and upgrade to an Intuos Pro when you're sure tablets are your thing!

Ohh thank you very much! May I ask about the sensitivity? I have just read that the tablet sensitivity will help the SAI users have more natural strokes.. Does the Intuos have a nice one? Well, I will mainly draw as a hobby or maybe if you consider drawing avi arts for gold, then work.. If it is okay, may I ask you if you think the Wacom Manga would be better than Intuos?

Ruthless Hellraiser

Polsonechka
Yuki Misa Night

Hmm, I see.. I checked the prices here and Intuos pro medium costs around 15k+, and Intuos around 8k+.. I have also thought about Wacom Manga since that would be what I will draw and it's around 6k.. Do you think that the bigger the tablet, the easier it will be to draw?

It really depends on the person. I know people that do professional level work on itsy bitsy tablets.

Time-traveling Shoujo

Pandahbee
From experience, I'd recommend choosing a wireless tablet. I used to own a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch but it lasted me over a year due to problems with the cord.
Since Wacom has discontinued their model Bamboo, they now have Intuos Pen/Pen & Touch (I really like both and want either one). They're at a more reasonable price when compared to the Intuos4/5 (now Intuos Pro). If you're not worried about $$$, then I guess go with the Intuos Pro which is believed to have more accessories, features, and all that cool stuff for a more professional formatting.
I'd recommend the Intuos Pen & Touch though if you're only beginning and trying to get a feel of digital art.

Thank you so much! I will keep that in mind. biggrin

Time-traveling Shoujo

Yuki Misa Night
Polsonechka
Yuki Misa Night

It really depends on the person. I know people that do professional level work on itsy bitsy tablets.

Thank you! I shall try and practice, then. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces