SamhainStar
Quote:
As a person who goes to reddit to deal with her childhood abuse, what you wrote was kind of incredibly rude

That's why I said 80% - if it wasn't worth going on there I wouldn't go at all. (You might find that OTT, as you will)

Raised by Narcissists is extremely popular, for example and really well moderated.

That doesn't excuse the huge amount of BS they have going on ala advice animals and red pill. It took them too long to get rid of creep shots, which becomes more than a freedom of speech issue. It was however very good at publicizing information over Edward Snowden and net neutrality, a good way to inform a lot of people.

Quote:
I agree a person can have racist actions without being aware of it. I don't think attacking an ignorant person is the answer

Probably not, though I empathize with people who are probably tired of hearing their frustrations fall on deaf ears. Certainly yelling at a kid who is just doing a drawing is not going to solve the world's problem with race lol
ah, I see.

We actually have very different... Both philosophies and what we want out of a website. I prefer sites as uncensored as possible. That's why I like tumblrinaction... The mods delete (in their own words) .1% of posts. They let all viewpoints there, even ones they disagree with. That sub gets a bad rep for not deleting posts but they are a very kinky place with a lot of people who have mental illnesses. Or have dealt with abuse and a large amount of lgbt people. Though the "when I say I hate fat people I mean people who are 400lbs" thing is annoying. Whenever confronted these people usually backpedal and say "I don't really hate fat people, just fanatics." We'll then don't say you hate fat people rolleyes I will give you that reddit overall is very nice to people of all body types when pics are posted or stories shared, but when no one mentions their weight he site contradicts itself.

However allowing assholes protects us. It means that when we have a radical opinion we will be given a chance to speak. And silencing people will not help then realize their beliefs are flawed. Allowing them to speak and asking questions will.

The art subs are very pretentious- however I remember Gaia as having a lot of art snobs with ironically bad art. Though /r/icandrawthat and /r/mlpdrawingschool have great communities.

I agree that the moderators in rbn are good but lately I've been feeling like one of the mods doesn't like me :/ I've been mad about something for weeks and considering confronting the mod in question.

So yeah you are looking for a site that policies people more with your ideals whereas I am equal opportunity (outside of abuse support subs, which need censoring).

Oh! I almost forgot. The creep shot thing. Aside from people taking pictures of women's underwear serepticiously from under her skirt, I don't see a problem with taking pictures of what women wear outside without their knowledge. I wouldn't want it done to me, but as far as I am concerned if a person wears something in public it isn't a violation of their rights to post a picture of it online, even if it means (to be terribly blunt) people masturbate to the person's a**.

If we talk anymore we should probably take it to pms. Isn't this sub big about remaining on topic?