Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Loiterer

----
Do you guys get together and have art jams? That would be a good way to get people motivated to draw.

Tipsy Loiterer

Latopazora
Do you guys get together and have art jams? That would be a good way to get people motivated to draw.

//sighs// I doubt that's possible considering we only talk through Skype.

Indulgent Dabbler

Gemini Syndrome
I'm really problematic and concerned over a friend. We both practice Art and maybe consult each other at times when we just feel uninspired. But how am I supposed to cheer him on when everytime I tell him to "Keep going!" "You're doing great!"--- I get "I've tried so many times, it's not going anywhere" "I'm not. I'm really not."?? On the first few days, yeah, I would understand that he could just be humble about it or maybe he's having a bad day?? But, it's a repetitive problem everytime the topic is there. I did try telling him how I felt about it--- that I don't feel happy whenever he counters my words. As if my sincerity is disregarded? I really feel worthless as a friend.

"That's just how I am."
//sighs// I don't know what he thinks on how to treat friends but that's never an excuse. Everyone is how they are but that's not a reason to keep being mean to their friends. I don't know what to tell him and I'm just so very frustrated with what's going on. Recently, I took a second time to make him understand how I'm feeling like a piece of s**t whenever he blocks my attempts in making him understand how that must feel but--- he just summed it as "You don't have to be my friend if you don't want to."

Please tell me what you think... I need a lot of advice.

herrm. thats a pickle! generally though you can't convince someone with a low self image to like their art. you could try pestering them about it, but that runs the risk of annoying them and causing strain on your friendship. maybe your friend needs time? he might just need a break, like a week or two off from art or talking about art.

tbh its not your job to counter his words, even if its rude that he completely disregards your opinion. I know how it feels, but sometimes you just need to separate yourself from that aspect or topic, maybe next time he asks say something along the lines of. "you know I feel like you are improving, but since I cannot convince you of that and you counter me when I say it I do not want to talk about it anymore."

best of luck though, things like this are hard as butts to deal with :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces