Welcome to Gaia! ::

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I am looking for good credible information about the artist Vecchietta that is available online. He is a renaissance artist from around 1460 from Sienna who may have been observant of linear perspective to a significant degree.

I am looking for online resources that show works of his.

Paying up to 600m for quality information.

The title Painting in Renaissance Siena is excluded, but met museum online database is a good place to look if you have no idea where to search.

I would look myself but I have a ton to read and do not have to time, so good luck to anyone who is interested.

If this goes well I may have more offers like this in the future.

>>Also for anyone who may be worried, this is NOT for school, this is only for personal research so you need not feel guilty.
So, I'm skeptical about whether or not you need it for a deadline razz But regardless, that doesn't really enter into it.

If it IS for school you usually require book sources, so..

Siena: Constructing the Renaissance City
By Fabrizio Nevola
is on Google Books.

Painting in Late Medieval and Renaissance Siena, 1260-1555 is also on Google Books.

Do you have access to JSTOR or a university library with an online database?

I'm going to the De Young museum, which HAS a Vecchietta or two IIRC. Want pics?

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Rockabuddy
So, I'm skeptical about whether or not you need it for a deadline razz But regardless, that doesn't really enter into it.

If it IS for school you usually require book sources, so..

Siena: Constructing the Renaissance City
By Fabrizio Nevola
is on Google Books.

Painting in Late Medieval and Renaissance Siena, 1260-1555 is also on Google Books.

Do you have access to JSTOR or a university library with an online database?

these seem pretty satisfactory. I was hoping for more images, but there is enough text, it seems, to sustain me. I will send a mythrill coin to your inbox smile
thanks!

Quote:
I'm going to the De Young museum, which HAS a Vecchietta or two IIRC. Want pics?

That is stellar! I am envious. definitely acquire some pictures!

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
huhuh this means I have to catch up with reading all I have pretty quickly so I can come up with a new gold offer.
JESUS.

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I'll look for him and send my photos of whatever your way.
I also might as well go to Cantor (Stanford), it's open tomorrow. You lookin' for anything?

I'm gone from California next week though so this isn't a regular thing I can do.

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Rockabuddy
JESUS.

Thanks, man.

Yeah, I'll look for him and send my photos of whatever your way.
I also might as well go to Cantor (Stanford), it's open tomorrow. You lookin' for anything?

I'm gone from California next week though so this isn't a regular thing I can do.

Wow. i'm frothing at the mouth and my mind is moving quicker than my body will allow haha.

I don't mean to be a bother. this is totally tantalizing but I don't know what they offer so I don't know what to request. Is it modern? ancient? knowing American museums is a weak point for me. sad

In general, I like European art from 1100-1800 ce. I really like old bibles, biblical scenes, books, illuminations. - It always surprises me to see this type of art in America so I really wouldn't know what names to even throw out.
however:
Sassetta
Pietro di Giovanni d'Ambrogio
Osservanza master (related to ^)
Vecchietta (already mentioned)
Bernardino Fngai
Lorenzetti bros
Matteo di Giovanni
etc

i wouldn't expect you to memorize all that but that's the typical cast of characters.
Don't worry if you have trouble comming through with this or if you can't. Its your trip so don't go out of your way or anything!! have fun! and if you send me pictures I will send you gold.
De Young and Cantor probably won't have what you're looking for to a huge extent but I'll keep an eye out. If the Rodin stuff is still at Cantor I'm all over it because I love that s**t.

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Rockabuddy
De Young and Cantor probably won't have what you're looking for to a huge extent but I'll keep an eye out. If the Rodin stuff is still at Cantor I'm all over it because I love that s**t.

"Inside Rodin’s Hands: Art, Technology, and Surgery
Through August 3, 2014" @ cantor now

De Young is doing Keith Haring, but its not until November sad

Star

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Rockabuddy

So I found some extra free time and discovered a bronze relief by Vecchietta in high resolution at frick.org. There is probably more by him, but I thought you might like this resource either way.
Rockabuddy

I'm interested as well... Just make a thread about it and it should start a decent discussion.
I will upload the pictures when I get a chance. I did not take pictures of the De Young stuff after all, I bizarrely enough preferred cantor by miles even though it is smaller.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff