Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Gawker

8,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Hey there.

I was looking for some kind of Photoshop type software, So I could do some digital design and all. I came across this software called Manga Studio EX 4 and Manga Studio Debut 4. It looked really good and offers a range of functions but I'd like some other opinions on the software.

Also the names of some other softwares like this and Photoshop. I'm quite interested and it doesn't really matter if it's a specific type of software for certain things or a multi-use kind of thing like Photoshop.

And, tell me if a tablet like Bamboo makes a difference.

Thanks.

Nights Cloudy Day
Are you just getting started pretty much?
Hi! I used photoshop in making comics, until i decided to experiment with Manga Studio EX4 which my friend lent me. I've never tried Manga Studio Debut.

What's your purpose in looking for a photoshop type software? to edit pictures? or to make comics? or do you have anything else in your mind?

In my experience of using MSEX4, it's primary purpose is to make manga/comic. it has the necessary tools a traditional mangaka would need. However, you can also make comics in photoshop, but your tools would be different.

MSEX4 takes time to learn, and so does Photoshop. If you're considering of making a comic, you could try MSEX4. if you want to edit pictures, go for photoshop. you can also try GIMP, it's a program which is also similar to photoshop.

YES, a tablet does make a difference! The mouse can't emulate the pressure and stroke depth when your using a tablet. If you're going to make a comic, then yes, it will make a difference. if your purpose is to edit pics, i'm not sure if it will also make a difference. . ..

Dangerous Capitalist

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Manga Studio (EX and Debut) is great for inking and sketching. However, if you want to do image editing or do designs, I suggest Photoshop way more. Or Illustrator. Either way, Manga Studio is meant for making comics/manga and not much else.
Kupocake
Manga Studio (EX and Debut) is great for inking and sketching. However, if you want to do image editing or do designs, I suggest Photoshop way more. Or Illustrator. Either way, Manga Studio is meant for making comics/manga and not much else.
Seconding. I love mangastudio for what it does, but it's more focused than photoshop. I think elements runs pretty cheap? I also think it comes free with any wacom tablet (if you plan on buying one).

Divine Gawker

8,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Are you just getting started pretty much?

Well, I have experience with Photoshop when designing a magazine cover and editing Photos. I want to start doing more art like Manga and hopefully progress to comics.

Divine Gawker

8,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Arthemis_Pink
Hi! I used photoshop in making comics, until i decided to experiment with Manga Studio EX4 which my friend lent me. I've never tried Manga Studio Debut.

What's your purpose in looking for a photoshop type software? to edit pictures? or to make comics? or do you have anything else in your mind?

In my experience of using MSEX4, it's primary purpose is to make manga/comic. it has the necessary tools a traditional mangaka would need. However, you can also make comics in photoshop, but your tools would be different.

MSEX4 takes time to learn, and so does Photoshop. If you're considering of making a comic, you could try MSEX4. if you want to edit pictures, go for photoshop. you can also try GIMP, it's a program which is also similar to photoshop.

YES, a tablet does make a difference! The mouse can't emulate the pressure and stroke depth when your using a tablet. If you're going to make a comic, then yes, it will make a difference. if your purpose is to edit pics, i'm not sure if it will also make a difference. . ..

I've had experience with Photoshop in colouring and shading a picture. I would like to step up and start creating comics.

Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces