Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Hello all. I have a goal. I want to be ready to go pro in a year and a half. I have a looot of work to do to make that goal, but I think I can do it through consistent practice and study daily. I have a ton of books on various art subjects, but I need more on color use and rendering. I work mostly in digital, but I can make due with traditional instructions. I'm ok at shading in black and white, but color can throw me off a bit.Anyone know of any helpful books or webpages that could help?

Omnipresent Whisperer

"Color and Light" by James Gurney is the best book that I know of about color.

((Edit: oh, and some of the guides on brave-attempt.tumblr.com can be pretty helpful))

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Tudora
"Color and Light" by James Gurney is the best book that I know of about color.

((Edit: oh, and some of the guides on brave-attempt.tumblr.com can be pretty helpful))

Thanks! These should help ^^

Distinct Elder

Scott Robertson! Also check out his YouTube channel and everything, he does a ton of free tutorials and stuff.

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Itchy the Hatter
Scott Robertson! Also check out his YouTube channel and everything, he does a ton of free tutorials and stuff.

this is fantastic! thanks itchy!

Distinct Elder

XMegantronX
this is fantastic! thanks itchy!

emotion_brofist heart
Robertson is defiantly awesome. I'd also recommend Gurney's Color and Light well worth the purchase. He also has a blog with more stuff to look at [here] that link will bring you to the color section but if you want to look further there is an index full of subjects on the left side ( you might have to scroll down a bit).

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
zathraya
Robertson is defiantly awesome. I'd also recommend Gurney's Color and Light well worth the purchase. He also has a blog with more stuff to look at [here] that link will bring you to the color section but if you want to look further there is an index full of subjects on the left side ( you might have to scroll down a bit).

thanks! this is very helpful ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces