Welcome to Gaia! ::

Not to be confused with quilting.

It's not a particularly well-known craft wherever I go, so I'm a bit curious if there are any other quillers on Gaia. For anyone that is unfamiliar with it; "Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is rolled, looped, curled, twisted and otherwise manipulated to create shapes which make up designs to decorate greetings cards, pictures, boxes, eggs, and to make models, jewellery, mobiles etc. The most popular and versatile technique is that of rolling. The paper strip is rolled in fingers or using a tool. The coil is then released and then glued at the tip and then shaped. These shaped coils are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various ornamental patterns."

For a visual, here are some tight coil pendants and loose coil snowflakes that I've made. I work with 1/8" paper.

User Image

User Image

Lonely Streaker

I tried to get into quilling at one point, it looks so cool and creative~ emotion_c8

Hygienic Gekko

gaia_spoons ■■■■ ■

I used to dabble in quilling, but since I move around quite a lot these days taking all my projects with me became a big hassle so I had to stop u n u

I remember my first quilling project was in kindergarden and I did an A4 sheet sized penguin (which was pretty big for me at the time) emotion_dowant

But your snowflakes look so amazingly refined! I wish I could do such delicate work o u o
■ ■■■■

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i've never done much of this but there were some people in my college class who used it in their work.
i'm too impatient. sweatdrop

bugB34R's Prince

King Trickster

17,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I've never heard of it but that's pretty cool!
I really like the ones you're showing off. The first example especially : O

Fashionable Junker

I tried it once and I made a sheep,
it didn't go well. sweatdrop

Ruthless Hellraiser

I've never done it but that looks so cool. I really like what you've done.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

I used to make beads with rolled paper but never something flat like that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff