Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Streaker

So I've set myself a goal of making a dress up game. My first one is relatively simple since I don't want to overwhelm myself. Most of the art is complete on different layers in Photoshop at this point.

Thing is, I don't know how to program it. I don't want it to be a click-and-drag game, but rather, a select-a-style-and-then-a-color game. Does anyone know where I could learn about the programming aspect of this?

Dapper Dabbler

6,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
You're doing it in flash right??
Actionscript 2 is fairly user friendly and not that hard to learn with a bit of instruction. I'm sure there's tutorials for colour changing you can get if you search for flash dress up games.

(I'm no flash expert but how I'd do it is make the base items a movie clip and have each separate colour of it inside that movie clip on different frames. and then code it so when the colour buttons are pressed they progress through those frames. I've never done a dress up game with those elements but the theory isn't too hard)

Lonely Streaker

alfred baramender
You're doing it in flash right??
Actionscript 2 is fairly user friendly and not that hard to learn with a bit of instruction. I'm sure there's tutorials for colour changing you can get if you search for flash dress up games.

(I'm no flash expert but how I'd do it is make the base items a movie clip and have each separate colour of it inside that movie clip on different frames. and then code it so when the colour buttons are pressed they progress through those frames. I've never done a dress up game with those elements but the theory isn't too hard)

This actually confirms what I thought might be how to approach it. Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff