Welcome to Gaia! ::

It seems more like you're trying to convince us that Instagram is the best while we are just stating our opinions on the topic.

Anyway, while I truly don't care for Instagram, what isn't in your favor in terms of your argument is the quality. Even in the case of Lomography cameras, 35mm (and ESPECIALLY 120mm) film trumps your 500x500px. So in this case it's beyond the look of the image but of the quality itself.

And what's going to happen when you show your portfolio to people or clients even? Do you plan on having jobs from showing your photos to others? Because unless you're targeting a very small amount of people who only want 500px images for their magazines or websites or other things, they want high quality photographs. You're likely better off either creating your own filter in Photoshop using Actions which makes everything easier, or just finding free Instagram-like filters for Photoshop.

Now if you're just posting to Flickr as your portfolio for the sake of posting things online to get comments and such, then good for you on using Instagram.

Mega Millionaire

gold on the ceiling
It seems more like you're trying to convince us that Instagram is the best while we are just stating our opinions on the topic.

Anyway, while I truly don't care for Instagram, what isn't in your favor in terms of your argument is the quality. Even in the case of Lomography cameras, 35mm (and ESPECIALLY 120mm) film trumps your 500x500px. So in this case it's beyond the look of the image but of the quality itself.

And what's going to happen when you show your portfolio to people or clients even? Do you plan on having jobs from showing your photos to others? Because unless you're targeting a very small amount of people who only want 500px images for their magazines or websites or other things, they want high quality photographs. You're likely better off either creating your own filter in Photoshop using Actions which makes everything easier, or just finding free Instagram-like filters for Photoshop.

Now if you're just posting to Flickr as your portfolio for the sake of posting things online to get comments and such, then good for you on using Instagram.

actually the images aren't scaled to that, I did that for easy viewing on my portfolio. I could make a 20x20 print of any picture I ran through Instagram BEFORE I resized them. so yeah, not accurate at all. Nor did I ever say that I would use it for every shot I take, I keep the original files for whatever I'll need them for. The four pictures I added were the first two non-n***s I had, and over 80% of my shots were done in Film. My raws aren't jpeg files at all, they're negatives. But like I said, I'm a photographer, whereas the majority of people I've heard from just take pictures and edit in post
And because you are a supposed photographer, we should take your word for this whole thing and just immediately all start using Instagram? I never questioned your integrity, just stated something about the whole Instagram v. Photoshop debate.

And if you're using Instagram in a way that keeps the quality of the photograph high, though I don't understand how are you are doing so, explain your process first. I don't understand how you are using Instagram without having the pictures already taken with your 8mp phone. So there's a reason I don't understand how you are claiming to have such high quality of photographs. And I never claimed you were using it for every shot, but we're talking about specifics here. I'm not going to start questioning the quality of your other photographs.

Mega Millionaire

gold on the ceiling
And because you are a supposed photographer, we should take your word for this whole thing and just immediately all start using Instagram? I never questioned your integrity, just stated something about the whole Instagram v. Photoshop debate.

And if you're using Instagram in a way that keeps the quality of the photograph high, though I don't understand how are you are doing so, explain your process first. I don't understand how you are using Instagram without having the pictures already taken with your 8mp phone. So there's a reason I don't understand how you are claiming to have such high quality of photographs. And I never claimed you were using it for every shot, but we're talking about specifics here. I'm not going to start questioning the quality of your other photographs.

please quote where I said one was better than the other.

Far as I've seen I was giving my opinion when a bunch of crying graphic designers came in and tried telling me that I was wrong. go ahead, I'll wait.

and wait...you wanna know how I loaded a micro sd with my pictures on it, onto my phone, then ran it through Instagram?

Business Friend

i don't know a single film photographer that prefers instagram to photoshop for photo manipulation, and it seems unlikely that anyone would prefer instagram if they were capable of employing photoshop to the extent of its robust potential.

obviously, if you prefer instagram because it lets you make simpler alterations faster, then no one can stop you from having a preference. however, i can say that

User Image

based on this photograph of a man who i assume is you? i don't think anyone can possibly take your opinions or arguments seriously, because you don't seem to understand anything about style or photography

Mega Millionaire

pinkhamton
i don't know a single film photographer that prefers instagram to photoshop for photo manipulation, and it seems unlikely that anyone would prefer instagram if they were capable of employing photoshop to the extent of its robust potential.

obviously, if you prefer instagram because it lets you make simpler alterations faster, then no one can stop you from having a preference. however, i can say that

based on this photograph of a man who i assume is you? i don't think anyone can possibly take your opinions or arguments seriously, because you don't seem to understand anything about style or photography

so I don't do good work cause you dislike how I look? haha, thanks for the ignorance, kid
Why make an immature response like that?
Oh, and nice edit, I was about to wonder why you didn't address the issue I brought up.

So you know what, if you want some Instagram lovers since we're all crying and whining, go find a a different forum.

Business Friend

Star Platinum
pinkhamton

so I don't do good work cause you dislike how I look? haha, thanks for the ignorance, kid

you don't do good work because that's a terrible photograph. if i baked you a shitty cake, and you ate it and told me that my cakes were shitty, could i argue that you were ignorant? you disregarded 80% of my post because i think you dress and look like a tool.

besides, photography is an aesthetic art, and you clearly don't understand aesthetics.

Mega Millionaire

pinkhamton
Star Platinum
pinkhamton

you don't do good work because that's a terrible photograph. if i baked you a shitty cake, and you ate it and told me that my cakes were shitty, could i argue that you were ignorant? you disregarded 80% of my post because i think you dress and look like a tool.

besides, photography is an aesthetic art, and you clearly don't understand aesthetics.

so post up, kid. lets see if you're full of crap or not.

Business Friend

Star Platinum

tell me how it tastes

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

seriously though? if i thought you were genuinely interested in my photo manipulation (which, you may remember, is the issue here) i would be more than happy to show you the differences in my capabilities with photoshop and my capabilities with instagram.

Mega Millionaire

gold on the ceiling
Oh, and nice edit, I was about to wonder why you didn't address the issue I brought up.

So you know what, if you want some Instagram lovers since we're all crying and whining, go find a a different forum.

why? cause you're too hung up on being right I can't be here? Sorry, newbie.

If ya'll wanna derail a simple thread then i'll just make another one. But these opinions that are being thrown at my OWN opinion is laughable. So I think I'm fine here princess. Thanks

Mega Millionaire

pinkhamton
Star Platinum

tell me how it tastes

seriously though? if i thought you were genuinely interested in my photo manipulation (which, you may remember, is the issue here) i would be more than happy to show you the differences in my capabilities with photoshop and my capabilities with instagram.

actually, no manipulation is done with a filter, kid. just color enhancement. It's NOT an editing tool like you all wanna try and say it is, cause I never said it was. So if you're not gonna stick to your thoughts on whats relevant between each then there's nothing to discuss with you. Unless you wanna keep joining the group and yell about how I can do sooo much more editing on Photoshop.

cause once again, I'm not looking to edit.

Business Friend

Star Platinum
pinkhamton
Star Platinum

tell me how it tastes

actually, no manipulation is done with a filter, kid. just color enhancement. It's NOT an editing tool like you all wanna try and say it is, cause I never said it was. So if you're not gonna stick to your thoughts on whats relevant between each then there's nothing to discuss with you. Unless you wanna keep joining the group and yell about how I can do sooo much more editing on Photoshop.

cause once again, I'm not looking to edit.

let me quote you

Star Platinum
Fact is, editing makes me hate photography. I couldn't care less about texture smoothing or blemish removal...or I woulda had my models wear more makeup. A few Hipster looking filters works just fine, and I can do it on my cellphone.

i read the first post. i responded to the first post. here's my response.

Quote:

obviously, if you prefer instagram because it lets you make simpler alterations faster, then no one can stop you from having a preference.

now, aside from that fact that you've patently ignored that i respected your preference, i don't think you can argue with anything that i just quoted. you can do more with photoshop; i can't count the number of times that instagram has not been able to provide the exact color balance that i wanted. sure, it takes time on photoshop to get exactly a photo exactly how i want it. here's an album cover that i adjusted.

could i have made that in instagram? nope. do i use instagram? yes. here's a photo i instagrammed from this vacation.

could i have achieved that same thing in photoshop? yeah, sure. it would have taken me a loooong time to achieve exactly that, but i could've done it. taking iphone pictures while taking a walk on vacation, did i have time to take the perfect shot and adjust it in photoshop? no.

i'd still prefer to take every photo using a high resolution camera and edit it afterwards in photoshop. i prefer photoshop because i like to have options available to me, and it is capable of things that instagram is not. you can't argue with that. you've stated your preference, and explained why (because you're too lazy to do anything beyond "applying a hipster filter" wink , and i've stated and explained mine.
Star Platinum
gold on the ceiling

why? cause you're too hung up on being right I can't be here? Sorry, newbie.

If ya'll wanna derail a simple thread then i'll just make another one. But these opinions that are being thrown at my OWN opinion is laughable. So I think I'm fine here princess. Thanks

You just called me a newbie and princess.
Ohman you make me laugh.
You were the one who posted in a discussion forum.
We responded and discussed.
You're the one who's calling people names.
Get off your high horse and go take your crappy photos elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff