Savage Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
I do really need to improve (No lie)

About My Art:

♥Currently only headshots
♥Probably no colour (Maybe Semi-Colour if you're lucky)
♥I use Adobe Flash CS3
♥Nearly always 100 smoothing dunno why
♥Can't do all hair-styles

Things I Want To Learn:

♥Full Body (Currently Can't Do Hands That's Why Lol)
♥Full colour
♥Learn more hair-styles
Fancy tablets won't make a difference. All you need to do is draw often and learn. Try expanding what you can do from drawing objects and people from life. Trust me when I say that it does wonders.

EDIT: CLICK This is a useful link to a PDF on what you should learn. These things come before learning how to draw people or stylized characters. Basics are necessary.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
therre are people who draw with a mouse better than i will ever be with my tablet.

try drawing with paper and a pencil then scanning it, thats what i did all the time before i got a tablet since i hated drawing with a mouse
Tablets do not make you a better artist. You need to learn the basics.

Anatomy, drapery, perspective, color theory, light and shadow. Draw from life.
I agree with the others on the tablet saying.
I use a Cintiq 21ux, a professional high end tablet, I did feel like it helped me a bit because it made the drawing and coloring process faster, but as for my "skill" that didn't improve because of my tablet - it improved because of my willingness to get better and also much practice.
I too also have to work on full bodies. I also have to work on clothing folds and depicting ages and different perspectives. As artists, we'll always keep on learning! biggrin

ShrubLord's Fangirl

Noob

A tablet is always nice to have, because it's something different to use, but it's also really cool drawing with the good ole paper and pencil. Give it a go!

I also hiiiiighly recommend drawing from life. Use as many photo references as you can, and if you ever feel like being a bit of a creeper sweatdrop , go to the mall or park and just draw people. Always awesome places to find interesting people to sketch. :3

Photo refs have helped me quite a bit so far, though I still have plenty to learn as well.
Things I Want To Learn:

♥Full Body (Currently Can't Do Hands That's Why Lol)
♥Full colour
♥Learn more hair-styles

I Want To Learn These Too O.O

6,250 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Tablets usually will make you worse for a while because you don't have the hand eye coordination to use it properly. And, even then, you'll draw just the same as you do on paper.

How do you expect to get better if you avoid drawing full bodies, silly.

Try looking at pictures of real people, not focusing on style, and try visually breaking down the image into shapes and curves.

It helps to look at the body as a collection of shapes, its less daunting.

When you feel comfortable, and after practicing, you can change back over to style.
draw me when your ready babe - 3 -

Shapeshifter

User Image....Why is everyone talking about tablets? Did the OP edit something about tablets out of her post?

Tablets rock, but if you can't do it with a pencil, you can't do it with a tablet.

See, look, now I'm on the mystery tablet band-wagon. Don't see anything about tablets. gonk
Uronoro
User Image....Why is everyone talking about tablets? Did the OP edit something about tablets out of her post?

Tablets rock, but if you can't do it with a pencil, you can't do it with a tablet.

See, look, now I'm on the mystery tablet band-wagon. Don't see anything about tablets. gonk

She did edit the post, originally she simply said she couldn't color well or do full bodies and that she didn't have a "fancy tablet". I'm going to assume she edited it for more specific or different advice. Whether or not she'll listen to advice given already really doesn't bother me though. ;P

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff