so i know the brush tool
the color wheel
the layer effects
some selection tool stuff, but not much
and i know the use of folders, and such
but beyond that im waaaay lost

Ive watched youtube vids
And they just make it worse
I get lost, cant find any of the tools i want, cant get the base layer to work right, none of the strokes work right, and im pretty sure its lagging really bad
WHY DOES PS LAG OMFG
hdjfjfjfj
Fhfhfbf

Falsay's Bride

Star

Bad Lvck Brian

Did you ask youtube-sensei for help? scream

Spoopy Strawberry

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Party Animal 100
Starnyt
Bad Lvck Brian

Did you ask youtube-sensei for help? scream

Yup
Just left me more confused

Falsay's Bride

Star

Bad Lvck Brian

Omg x'DD I mean that youtube got hella a lot of tutorials of almost anything dramallama so youtube is the sensei *A*

Spoopy Strawberry

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Party Animal 100
Starnyt
Bad Lvck Brian

Omg x'DD I mean that youtube got hella a lot of tutorials of almost anything dramallama so youtube is the sensei *A*

I HAVE
I keep losing all the tools im trying to use, and i cant get the base layer to work right, and i cant keep up with any of the youtube vids either ;-;
IVE BEEN DRAWING DIGITALLY FOR YEARS
AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I CANT FIGURE THIS ******** THING OUT burning_eyes
If you get lost during a video, PAUSE it. Go back and repeat parts of it if you didn't understand something. Know the name of the tool or what-have-you? Google it! Lots of other people have the same issues as you're having.
Personally, I hate video tutorials because I hate rewatching s**t. xD But that's me. Have you tried PhotoshopTutorials.ws? (Foreign based domain, hence [dot]ws instead of [dot]com.) DeviantART also tends to have some handy PS tutorials/guides in their Resources section.

Lag can be caused by your computer not having enough processing power, be that due to having obsolete hardware or too many background applications running at the same time as PS. PS is notoriously processor/memory-hungry.

If possible, take screen-caps of your problems and post them here so others can help you. "Not working right" has a lot of different results. And describe what you mean by "losing" your tools; as in can't find them on the workspace, or what.
Hopefully you can get the help you need!

Vermillion Lunatic

Bad Lvck Brian
i need help
with photoshop
with using it
and making simple animations
and with making graphics
how do i make them
what should they look like
what are tips and tricks i can use to help me
also ow do i make a banner with a link in it
halp plz ;^;

i know paint tool sai decently, i use it often, but im lost with photoshop
i ave the 2014 cc version
so i know the brush tool
the color wheel
the layer effects
some selection tool stuff, but not much
and i know the use of folders, and such
but beyond that im waaaay lost

Ive watched youtube vids
And they just make it worse
I get lost, cant find any of the tools i want, cant get the base layer to work right, none of the strokes work right, and im pretty sure its lagging really bad
WHY DOES PS LAG OMFG
hdjfjfjfj
Fhfhfbf

ellooo
by simple animations, do you mean blinks and bouncy hearts or something else? I guess it's all simple, though, if you've the time to draw the frames. Assuming you have, then use the timeline I guess?
//shot if i'm misinterpreting this question ;u;
so like uh sorry bout the big screenshots? I think TTvTT
Also, I've photoshop cs6, but I searched it and CC's apparently near the same (just with cloud features that cs6 doesn't have), soo this should be applicable. hopefully.

**remember to draw the seperate blinks if you're doing a blinking animation, though it's not really neccesary for simple bouncing pixeldolls/hearts/whatevers.
Sorry if this is more simple than you're looking for.

first, manual moving of the image and stuff
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
So go to "window\\\\" and open up the timeline. Then select "Create Frame Animation."
It should look like my first screenshot, except with only 1 frame.
If you compare that image to this one:
You see that I just took it and lazily moved the top part down a bit (this was only a bouncing icon). To do so:
I duplicated the original frame User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. using that button. Then, I duplicated the layer with the pixel doll on it, and moved the doll down a bit using a select tool or something. The problem is that each time you do so, the new layer--layer 2-- (with the newly moved pixel doll) will show up on frame 1 as well (and frame 1 affects all the other frames), because frame 1 does that for some reason. Granted, it might be my "dispose" settings but idk really mad I just hide layer 2 on frame 1, and then unhide it on frame 2. And so on.
Yeah I kinda suck at this ok so that's basically it. Then you go loop it and add as much delay as you want (it goes a bit slower than it seems sometimes, so I mostly do 0 delay for everything but the first/last frame for a bit of a pause). After, File > Save for web >save as whatever and get whatever settings.

Diff method:
There's also this other button beside the duplicate frame button. The tweening button.
Just duplicate your first frame (bouncing icon: full height, or blinking: open eyes), and then unhide a prepared last frame (bouncing: shortest point of the bounce, or blinking: closed eyes), and go to the first frame. press the button, choose the number of frames, experiment, etc. My photoshop does this preview thing where they look all transparent, though it doesn't look that way in the actual gif. Well, not really, at least (you could go to file>save for web's preview to see it, albeit a bit faster than it actually is.

idk I don't use it often because I find the effect kinda odd (but idk man, whatever floats your goat). Though, it's probably easier for blinking and whatnot to use some tweening.
here's a bouncing thing tweened:
User Image

And here's an old pixel icon that I tweened for an example (blinking):
User Image

For a comparison, the manually edited frame ones:

pixel icon
bouncing pagedoll

I personally prefer the manually done ones, not the tweens, for pixels, at least, but once more, whatever floats your goat.

idk bout graphics lul, I can kinda do them but urghhh >__>"
cant rly help you there sry

if you mean an image link, use this code
[url=https://www.google.ca/][img]http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g373/Death_By_Dark/NewC2anvas_zpsb74e19ca.png[/img][/url]

In action below >> redirects you to...Google canada. XDD
First url is the url you want it to redirect to, second is the direct image link. Photobucket's probably a good idea if you're posting it on here b/c it's on gaia's whitelist for images and all.
User Image

woah this post is larger than I planned
>X>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out